RP/Guild Concept, wtb thoughts.

So through a series of fortunate events I was handed this guild.

What I've been considering for a while is a way to incorporate the changes of cataclysm into a guild concept that would also open the door for -plenty- of Role-Play opportunities.

- What I've come up with so far :
The essential idea of the guild is to have a congregation of adventurers come together under a common cause. Which is helping the various towns and cities around the world, after the shattering.
We would hire ourselves out to various peoples in need, as well as do our philanthropic duty during a dire situation.

- What sorts of duties this entails :
Depending on the situation at hand we could :
    Serve as diplomats for warring nations
    Maintain piece and order in a broken society, via force or other
    Assist the injured or wronged in any way possible
    Oversee negotiations or meetings between guilds or factions

Essentially we would all do IC quests/dungeons/etc playing out plot line of the quests as helpful adventurers. We would also make our abilities and skills available for hire for other guilds, such as negotiating terms of a "surrender" or anything of that nature, as well as assist in forming a consensus between warring/adversary guilds.

We would also have table-top style storylines acted out via an appointed game-master, which I often host weekly.

The different aspects of membership would include :

Senator (Officer) : Senators oversee the highest of priorities too the guild, as well as advise the guild master on matters of import. They would also represent our guild during matters of import pertaining to other guilds or conflicts.

Delegate : Delegates oversee the various actions of the members, such as leading the members of the guild during combat, managing recources during an excursion, ensuring that all members are doing their duties properly and ethically.

Peacekeeper : Peacekeepers are the backbone of the guild, they protect our members during excursions, as well as ensure the safety of our contractors and their accompanied.

Envoy : Envoys scout possible contracts, represent our guild to possible contractors and assist in negotiations between such contractors and ourselves.

Intern : Interns are potential members who wish to view our guild temporarily to decide if they wish to join permanently or not. They may accompany any of the other members on their daily duties, at theirs and that members discretion and learn about the various aspects of the guild.

So we would be a combination of mercenaries,lawyers, diplomats.

I'm not sure how well this idea would go with the masses but please feel free to tell me what you think.
Edited by Marydeth on 11/20/2010 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Overall I like the concept - a lot of folks enjoy questing/dungeon-running IC but don't like or don't have the time for the hanging-around-Stormwind type of RP. You could probably do pretty well if you focused on that crowd.

I'm not a big fan of the rank titles, but details like that aren't really important at this stage for you anyhow I suppose.
Edited by Fineas on 11/20/2010 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Sounds fun! Im not sure if there will be much interaction of the type youd like with other guilds but Id fly with the idea and see where it takes you!
Reply Quote
The vaguest base of it isn't so bad, but it has a lot of potential to go very "The Stormwind Guard" very fast. With a really strong hand as far as keeping your members in check goes, it could work, you'd just have to be unafraid of putting the boot down when you have to.

Could you be more specific about that "potential"?

Also I'd like to say that I absolutly despise the Stormwind Guard, ICly as well as OoCly if I consider any comparison of me to them an extreme insult to my person, which should give you some idea of how much I honestly hate every single one of them.

This guild is intended to be a fairly small guild ( maybe 15 ish members), each person chooses the path they want and they fulfill the expectations during our various Plotlines.
The whole point is for everyone to invent their own plotlines and story archs for the entire guild to enjoy together.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
The vaguest base of it isn't so bad, but it has a lot of potential to go very "The Stormwind Guard" very fast. With a really strong hand as far as keeping your members in check goes, it could work, you'd just have to be unafraid of putting the boot down when you have to.

Could you be more specific about that "potential"?

I could be wrong, but what I think he's getting at here is that you'll be okay as long as you don't force the peace-keeping on individual RPers or guilds without their involvement. It doesn't sound to me like that's what you're thinking of doing, though.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Edited by Fineas on 11/21/2010 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I could be wrong, but what I think he's getting at here is that you'll be okay as long as you don't force the peace-keeping on individual RPers or guilds without their involvement. It doesn't sound to me like that's what you're thinking of doing, though.

Good luck and keep us updated!

How exactly could she, or any organization for that matter, "force" anything on anybody? It's not like they hold any real authority outside of their own organization, so I don't see how a complication could arise.

Of course nothing could actually be forced, but that wasn't quite what I meant.

The gist of what I meant in my last post was to stay away from god-moding. Nothing the OP has said makes me think this would happen, I was just trying to flesh out the reference that was made to the Stormwind Guard. The complication that could arise from running around acting like a peacekeeper (IC "arresting" random people you think are doing bad things even if they just ignore you)? Just gaining a reputation as poor as the SWG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]