Why not create 1h melee weapons that have AP?

85 Undead Death Knight
Instead of having agility and strength, why not just make it Pure Stamina, Attackpower, + any other secondary stat? That way there's a lot more selection between 1 handed weapons between ...

Frost DK
Fury Warrior
Rogues
Enhancement Shaman
Hunters
Prot Warriors
Prot Paladins

This way if an agility weapon drops, the oher 4 specs wont crease their brows in anger. More selection is always a good thing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Because Agility and Strength are a lot better for the classes that use them than their worth in Attack Power?

A better fix would be to make it so that the strength/agility on a weapon is dependent on what class the one using it is. For example

Mace of Many Wonders
100 Agility (Rogues, Shamans, Hunters, Druids)
100 Strength (Warriors, Death Knights, Paladins)
150 Stamina
Array of Secondary Stats.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
All weapons should have attack power instead of strength or agility. It would make it so much easier to itemize each tier, and doesn't unnecessarily and arbitrarily restrict what weapon types certain specs can use.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Because Agility and Strength are a lot better for the classes that use them than their worth in Attack Power?

So offer more attack power than you'd usually get when you converted strength an agility over to make up for it. Pretty simple.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Instead of having agility and strength, why not just make it Pure Stamina, Attackpower, + any other secondary stat? That way there's a lot more selection between 1 handed weapons between ...

Frost DK
Fury Warrior
Rogues
Enhancement Shaman
Hunters
Prot Warriors
Prot Paladins

This way if an agility weapon drops, the oher 4 specs wont crease their brows in anger. More selection is always a good thing.

Because I don't want to compete with 6 other people for my 1handed weapons.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter

Frost DK
Fury Warrior
Rogues
Enhancement Shaman
Hunters
Prot Warriors
Prot Paladins

Because I don't want to compete with 6 other people for my 1handed weapons.

The average time it would take for each spec to get their weapons wouldn't change.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Str and Agi doubles into AP

So 100 Str / Agi would end up as 200 AP

I dont see why not just double the value and take off the Str and Agi. This would solve having to kill that ONE BOSS to drop that one Str / Agi weapon.

Only difference is, which one do YOU want that looks cool
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Why would you want a stat that's 3x worse for DW Frost?
Reply Quote
49 Human Warlock
They should do one of two things:

1. Make all weapons with AP, or atleast the 1H's.
2. Allow you to reforge Agil for Str or vice versa.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
Just allow 100% reforging for one-handed weapons between strength and agility.

There, problem solved with a bonus that the code already exists. Why do random people on the forums do a better job than the people getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
probably because many of the problems the forumites attempt to solve are not actually considered problems by devs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Even if the attack power were equal to 2x whatever amount of str/agil the weapon might have it still wouldn't be completely fair to everyone.

Some classes/specs that benefit from strength / agility multipliers would lose out it.

Agility classes would lose out on the crit, and even if the crit values were to be increased to make up for it, it would end up being more beneficial for str classes as they're balanced (or so it seems) around lower crit values.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I like to live. I like my agility.

Gimme back my armor. :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

This.
Oh so very much this.

Reforging has the potential to really just NAIL some of the itemization woes that have plagued this game for a long time.

Or as an alternative, hire me as itemization Czar. I promise I'll bring gin.

EDIT:
Oh snap.

I love this epic fail:
http://cata.wowhead.com/item=63538
http://cata.wowhead.com/item=63537

This is STILL in the game? STILL? It's bad enough that Blizz insists on making fist weapons when they refuse to fix the handedness issue (which is, indeed, and issue), but then this sort of thing makes it through?

Seriously you guys. Itemization Czar. Right here. Hit me up.
Edited by Monkfish on 11/20/2010 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're also failing to account for multiplies like kings and armor specializations. I'm pretty sure going the route would make having the correct armor type less appealing given the itemization of a weapon.

It's not a problem, two of the dps specs are using the 1h str weapons. Perhaps, prot paladins and prot warriors will one day be forced to use a str 1h instead of having a tanking 1h weapon available (I haven't scrutinized the loot tables too much, so that might already be the case for Cataclysm).

If anything, they just need to phase out the ranged slot. Make ranged weapons 2h weapons, so that hunters are screwed. Possible look into giving feral a passive that lets them dual wield, so instead of using a 2h weapon, they'd grab two 1h Agi weapons.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
You're also failing to account for multiplies like kings and armor specializations. I'm pretty sure going the route would make having the correct armor type less appealing given the itemization of a weapon.

This is completely irrelevant. Specs affected by this would just get one of their knobs turned ever-so-slightly.
Edited by Mayeli on 11/20/2010 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

How about all weapons? There's a few 2h maces I wouldn't mind converting from Str -> Agi... Same for hunters. I'm sure the 2h Plate DPS wouldn't mind some of the Agi polearms either.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
if you just gave them a #@*%ton of attack power, then they would be rediculously op. Its fine the way it is
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]