Hello VeCo, any tips on dealing with ganking?

41 Blood Elf Warlock
First and for most, I'm not complaining about getting ganked, in fact I like the dangerous atmosphere of PvP servers, but it's still quite a frustrating experience.

Anyways, I'm somewhat new to WoW. Although I tried the game a few months after BC came out, I didn't get past leveling in The Barrens due to sheer boredom. However I came back a week ago and something about WoW just clicked with me this time around.

Needless to say I still consider myself a newb and I don't know how to deal with ganking. I had my first taste of it just an hour ago. I had just arrived at Tarren Mill for questing while queuing for dungeons. Since I'm DPS though so it took about fifteen minutes.

During these fifteen minutes I had to deal with two nasty level 80 night elves; of course one was a Rogue and the other a cat Druid. They did the usual, killed me over and over again, put the flag over my body, emote abused me, and dueled while my spirit hovered over my body, wondering whether or not I should revive myself.

Eventually I was able to rez myself and quickly press the teleport to dungeon button before I could get killed again! After finishing the dungeon, I came back and figured I can quest. However those two were still there, as evidenced by the warning I got in general chat. So I just left.

And there's my first ganking experience. I'm sure their will be plenty more as I level in Hillsbrad til level 30. How do I deal with this? I'll try to run dungeons as much as possible and level through that process, but I have to quest in the queue.
Edited by Vrees on 11/20/2010 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Yeah, Rakeu does that sometimes.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warlock
Ah yes, that annoying feral druid. <_<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Call in 80s. If they're stealthers, call in 80 stealthers. The few times I've encountered anything similar, a quick shout-out in general brought two things immediately: trolls (not the race, the jerk kind) and a few 80s come to settle justice.

There's enough in the Horde that they'll stick by you if you need 'em.

Welcome to VeCo.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Yeah, I generally come around when I see a call for help.

Although I'm not nearly geared enough to stop a ganking in progress, and I usually end up getting ganked as well, I like to try.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Considering that Hillsbrad Foothills is a zone in high use by both factions, the odds that it was still those two elves from earlier are low.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Look to Project Mayhem, Dragonmaw Vanguard, Blacktooth Grin, or the many other PvP related guilds here on VeCo.

There are a lot of us here and almost every one of us are ready for a fight.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Look to Project Mayhem, Dragonmaw Vanguard, Blacktooth Grin, or the many other PvP related guilds here on VeCo.

Not at all relevant to the topic of this post (well, maybe tangentially, barely), it seems that these new forums do not display your character's realm unless you actually click the name! I find this to be a change that I dislike.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Well what do we have here? I've been back for just a couple of days (been spending time in the "land of the real" as the Knights of Dusk would call it /snicker) and I've already got my very own post. I knew you all had missed me! <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Not at all relevant to the topic of this post (well, maybe tangentially, barely), it seems that these new forums do not display your character's realm unless you actually click the name! I find this to be a change that I dislike.

Um, how was it not relevant? The OP asked how to deal with ganking, Ataphes said "call for help with one of these guilds. They are pvp guilds and usually have people around who want to pvp (thereby implying that they would be likely to come help)."

Edit - I realize the char he posted on is not on this realm, but all of the guilds he listed are. So i really question how you would qualify the post as not relevant.
Edited by Niath on 11/21/2010 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/WoWScrnShot_112210_000536.jpg?t=1290406031

<3 <3 <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Someone's gonna get tunneled if I ever see them.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

Um, how was it not relevant? The OP asked how to deal with ganking, Ataphes said "call for help with one of these guilds. They are pvp guilds and usually have people around who want to pvp (thereby implying that they would be likely to come help)."

Edit - I realize the char he posted on is not on this realm, but all of the guilds he listed are. So i really question how you would qualify the post as not relevant.
He was saying that "it seems that these new forums do not display your character's realm unless you actually click the name! I find this to be a change that I dislike." is unrelated to the topic, not the post he quoted. Note the comma.
Edited by Jurzeb on 11/21/2010 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
That makes a lot more sense.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Someone's gonna get tunneled if I ever see them.

BUR
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://img.techpowerup.org/101122/Capture479.jpg
http://img.techpowerup.org/101122/Capture480.jpg

Got ya covered.

Oh yeah

<3<3<3
Edited by Zalarea on 11/21/2010 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]