Is this supposed to work?(For a holy paladin)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok well recently on my paladin I have been stacking as much stamina as I could not really worrying about any other stat and I am doing very well in BG's.

When I play I usually have the highest total healing (Averaging around 80k in the 40's bracket which is usually double then the second highest) which i know my team loves.

Also usually 1 on 1 don't get killed by rouges(I guess this is just a paladin thing maybe) when they attack me since i have alot of health their first strike would take out about half of my health bar but right after that i simply use Holy Shock then a 1 charge WoG and that usually puts me back at full health then i would proceed to kill said rouge or they would vanish and the process repeats.

And also since I have alot of stamina I could be getting attacked and still be able to heal my teammates which in turn heals me making my attacker just waste time while my teamates are killing his friends.

So basically I am able to run flags very well seeing as my lowest level heal can heal me for about a third health and i can remove magical affects that would slow me down or do DOT and I can still heal my teammates while I still have the flag and am very unlikley to die in any 1 on 1 situation.

Is this normal for a holy paladin or am i doing something right?(All this stuff happend when I was still around 45 so I dont think it was because i was a high level in the BG.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I did that also on a twinky paladin I made just for fun. It works for a couple reasons. First you need a lot of stamina to survive the insane damage output at low levels. Second PotI is currently overpowered and is extremely powerful when combined with shock and word of glory.

PoTI has already been nerfed though so holy won't be quite as powerful in cata when healing themselves.

I think my paladin has over 1k hp in the 19 bracket 2k in the 29 and 3k in the 39, but then I got bored and stopped.

Edit: If you really want a lot of stam you should use TBC stam enchants after 35 if you have the resources to blow on making lowbie PvP more amusing.
Edited by Darlah on 11/21/2010 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I was nigh-on unkillable on my pally with cloth boe gear and levelling greens.

This is normal. Then you get your 1hp/2second on damage talent, and it becomes even more normal.

The problem is also that no one knows how to kick (or fake cast) at low levels. When I level ret/rogue/mage I just rebuke/kick/counterspell and down they go pretty easily.
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
It is also not helping that there is a bug with what appears to just be enemy player cast bars, in that they appear to just stop at a certain point. My gut assumption is that this 'point' is where the new ability que system is set to. I have been making many 'leap of faith' interupts these days.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
No, I think because you are playing a Horde player and playing against nub Alliance. I dare you to play an Alliance Pally, even with 50k HP you will drop easily against Horde players.

I rarely face a Horde 1v1, it's usually a Rogue with another player hitting and kicking me then comes a caster DPS to finish me off and always a well timed silence.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No, I think because you are playing a Horde player and playing against nub Alliance. I dare you to play an Alliance Pally, even with 50k HP you will drop easily against Horde players.

I rarely face a Horde 1v1, it's usually a Rogue with another player hitting and kicking me then comes a caster DPS to finish me off and always a well timed silence.

Just so you know, that's not a faction thing. Some battlegroups have more decent players on one side or another. On rampage, for example, horde were terrible in BGs for most of wrath. I hardly ever see horde focus fireing a healer while rampage alliance are seemingly almost always in a tight group focus fireing and playing as a team even when they're not a preamde. My horde 80 paladin gets focus fired a lot in BGs, especially if I solo queue and only have randoms to depend on to help me out.

I leveled up several lowbies just to PvP with in wrath including a rogue for a bit after 4.0 and paladin. When I played alliance I won most of my games. When I played horde I won most of my games. The games we lost usually involved a much higher number of well geared people on the other team.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok well recently on my paladin I have been stacking as much stamina as I could not really worrying about any other stat and I am doing very well in BG's.

When I play I usually have the highest total healing (Averaging around 80k in the 40's bracket which is usually double then the second highest) which i know my team loves.

Also usually 1 on 1 don't get killed by rouges(I guess this is just a paladin thing maybe) when they attack me since i have alot of health their first strike would take out about half of my health bar but right after that i simply use Holy Shock then a 1 charge WoG and that usually puts me back at full health then i would proceed to kill said rouge or they would vanish and the process repeats.

And also since I have alot of stamina I could be getting attacked and still be able to heal my teammates which in turn heals me making my attacker just waste time while my teamates are killing his friends.

So basically I am able to run flags very well seeing as my lowest level heal can heal me for about a third health and i can remove magical affects that would slow me down or do DOT and I can still heal my teammates while I still have the flag and am very unlikley to die in any 1 on 1 situation.

Is this normal for a holy paladin or am i doing something right?(All this stuff happend when I was still around 45 so I dont think it was because i was a high level in the BG.)

I would recommend that you gear more for Stamina + Intellect. If a piece of gear isn't just pure stamina, try to mix in some intellect as well. Your heals will heal for more, you'll have more mana to work with, and if you attack with spells, they'll hit your opponent harder, as well.

I agree, though it's probably harder to find decent combination's of stats if you don't have BoAs or gold to spend getting specific items you may not be lucky enough to find. For me I had a lot of BoAs giving me plenty of int on my lowbie twinked out paladin and I just focused on stacking stam mostly in other slots.

A lot of my stam came from using enchants. I also power leveled eng and had goggles... If you don't have many resources (like having multiple 80s with different professions and gold to randomly blow on lowbie crap) stacking whatever stam you can find may really be your best option if you want to live in lowbie PvP right now.

Looking at his armory I notice the OP does have some oddly itemized gear and no BoAs. If you don't have access to enchants or well itemized gear I think stamina is overall the key stat in lowbie PvP. Like if I had caster items that didn't have much stam I think I'd also choose oddly itemized gear with stam over those if that's all I had. If you don't have the health pool to survive the big bursts nothing else is going to matter.
Edited by Darlah on 11/21/2010 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]