Which would you prefer grouped with you?

72 Draenei Death Knight
My fiance and I plan on re-rolling come the Shattering so we can play the game from the ground up. She already knows she wants to be a resto Shaman, hence the reason I am asking on this board.

I am somewhat torn between arms Warrior and enhance Shaman. Which would group better with her do you think? How well can two Shaman stack their abilities and totems? I have very little Shaman experience so I have no idea what would overwrite what. And of course, on the other hand, Warriors are just a lot more fun with the class overhauls so...dunno :P

Any advice is appreciated, both are classes I have only played up to around level 20 and I enjoy both, so unfortunately just picking the one I like better isn't really going to work.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It is EXTREMELY difficult to overlap buffs (alone) when sided with a shaman, we have 2 buffs per element. Knowing what class you are coming from might be a better way to help you determine what to go towards.

When describing your class, say your favorite and least favorite parts. There are many overlaps between classes.

Teaming with a resto shaman, you will find yourself completely responsible for being defensive though. Shamans are VERY offensively built. So if you consider yourself able to defend in an arms setting, go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I would say warrior. Even if a lot of your utility and buffs are different as Enh, your synergy will still not be as strong with a Resto Sham as a warrior's. I think you'll find it more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
the problem with resto/enhance is that you would share the same weaknesses. I'm not saying that you could make it work, but a resto/warrior comp has better synergy for pvp and pve.

Warrior is a solid class all around, You would have the tools to peel and keep her alive in pvp.
+ for pve the tank and healer thing would really be pro
Edited by Angryetta on 11/21/2010 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Death Knight
Ah, so it might even be better to go prot instead of arms then? For some reason I didn't think of that at all. As far as what sort of classes I like I think I'm all over the spectrum honestly. I have the following:

Paladin: Prot (solo mainly)
Priest: Discipline (perma-grouped with her Feral Druid)
Warlock: Affliction (perma-grouped with her Shadow Priest)
Mage: Arcane (currently grouped with her Mage, shes undecided on frost or fire...groups pretty beastly so far though. Very squishy though...)
Hunter: Beast (perma-grouped with her Holy Paladin)

So yea, all sorts of things on the plate right now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My fiance and I plan on re-rolling come the Shattering so we can play the game from the ground up. She already knows she wants to be a resto Shaman, hence the reason I am asking on this board.

I am somewhat torn between arms Warrior and enhance Shaman. Which would group better with her do you think? How well can two Shaman stack their abilities and totems? I have very little Shaman experience so I have no idea what would overwrite what. And of course, on the other hand, Warriors are just a lot more fun with the class overhauls so...dunno :P

Any advice is appreciated, both are classes I have only played up to around level 20 and I enjoy both, so unfortunately just picking the one I like better isn't really going to work.

Warrior. They outperform us in everything except utility.

And yet they still bring the STR/AGI buff. They also bring either a 5% crit buff (Fury) that works for both spells and melee, or a 4% physical damage debuff (Arms).
In the case of Warrior, you also get the chance to spec Prot, thus making dungeons a breeze, because if you turn out to be a really good tank, you have a guaranteed awesome tank, and if your fiance turns out to be an awesome healer, you are guaranteed a healer you can trust.
Edited by Matuk on 11/21/2010 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
you could always duel spec prot/arms.

Both a shaman and a warrior are "better" when played in groups. So being able to always be together make the shaman/warrior comp the strongest of your choices IMO

the other would be H pally / warrior ... but then she could own you if you pissed her off =(
and you would fight over plate/mail drops in early levels
Edited by Angryetta on 11/21/2010 7:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Death Knight

Both a shaman and a warrior are "better" when played in groups. So being able to always be together make the shaman/warrior comp the strongest of your choices IMO

the other would be H pally / warrior ... but then she could own you if you pissed her off =(

That's the best advantage of grouping with my fiance. We hit /roll and whoever wins wins. No crying, no moaning, no swearing. Anyway, that sounds good, I'll stick to Warrior. I'll figure out a spec as we go I suppose, both are quite nice looking. I will miss charge though...may keep arms until I'm far enough in to keep it as Protection :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
no moaning

That's supposed to be a NEGATIVE for fiances!
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Death Knight
no moaning

That's supposed to be a NEGATIVE for fiances!

Oh dear...you know what I meant lol.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

That's the best advantage of grouping with my fiance. We hit /roll and whoever wins wins. No crying, no moaning, no swearing. Anyway, that sounds good, I'll stick to Warrior. I'll figure out a spec as we go I suppose, both are quite nice looking. I will miss charge though...may keep arms until I'm far enough in to keep it as Protection :P

Best of luck to you both.
Its awesome that you can both enjoy wow together.

My wife hates this game so much that she said she was going to leve me if i keep playing ..... man I'm going to miss her O.o
j/k
Edited by Angryetta on 11/21/2010 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My wife hates this game so much that she said she was going to leve me if i keep playing ..... man I'm going to miss her O.o
j/k

Boy do I feel your pain.

But I'm not sure if I would be j/king about it. My lover needs to accept that I have certain interests, and must learn to love even the things she hates about me. :)
Edited by Matuk on 11/21/2010 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]