Why Would Anyone Want a Warrior?

85 Human Warrior
I've played a warrior as my main since 2006. And I'm disappointed that we really don't bring anything special to a group anymore. Let me explain...

--Tanking--
Why would you want a warrior to tank? Sure, warriors can tank fine. But if you could have a DK or a Pally, there is no way you would take a warrior instead. Pally's can self-heal, AoE, and bring useful buffs to the table. DKs can self-heal a little, lots of self-survival cooldowns and have great AoE.

--DPS--
Again, warriors are fine at DPS. But that's it. Fine. Why bring a warrior when you can bring in classes that do the same damage but also bring buffs or unique and useful skills. What do we have that's useful? 4
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Bring the player, not the class.

Welcome to homogenization.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
If you're in the mindset where class x just has it flat out better in every way shape and form than you, there's little convincing you otherwise. Not that I've ever had a proclivity to go around and change people's WoW lives with a few encouraging words.

In short, ##*@@ing about your circumstances is very unwarrior like, and you should have your beard stripped.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
If you have to ask, you aren't warrior enough to play one.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
In Answer:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981608720
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
see this is why i pvp...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I think the tanking situation in cata will be a bit more pronounced. I'm not convinced that the latest nerfs to DKs actually solved anything.

Again, warriors are fine at DPS. But that's it. Fine. Why bring a warrior when you can bring in classes that do the same damage but also bring buffs or unique and useful skills. What do we have that's useful?

Most of the buffs are so spread out there's really nothing unique about anyone. The only thing we bring is shattering throw which has its uses but I wish it were less painful to use as fury. I wouldn't really worry about the utility part though. I know what you mean by the lack of buffs, they neutered vigilance to the point where it's only beneficial to the warrior yet things like dark intent and focus magic remain as they are.

The only issue I have with warriors in PVE @ 85 are the lack of short-CD survivability tools. Not having stuff like feint/AMS/WOG really sucks when it comes to the point where unavoidable-raid-damage comes and you're completely reliant on your healers whereas everyone else can do *something* to help out.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]