Talent reset for all 4 healing classes. Why?

85 Blood Elf Priest
To preface, I'm not on the test realm. I've been browsing mmo champion but I am unclear as to why our talents are being reset on Tuesday. They already changed Chakra once (lowered the cooldown and broke holy word macros) without refunding talents, so I presume some pretty major changes are coming. But I don't see a sticky with that information.

Any hints from someone who's more in-the-know than I?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Looks like I answered my own question, but I'm going to leave the topic here for those healers who may not have been informed that talents will be refunded on Tuesday. From the wowhead blog, there are a lot of tooltip and talent changes. See here:

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=174449

Notably for priests, holy word: sanctuary is going on a 40s cooldown/18s duration. Chakra will be free and different spells will activate it (PoM will replace renew, I believe the others will stay the same). Additionally, some of our spells are being scaled up in hps. PoH is going to be cheaper and heal for more (awesome! holy's mana efficiency needed some help). PoH will also always proc divine aegis for disc priests, even if it doesn't crit. Binding heal will heal for more. Mind soothe usable on dragonkin. MC duration halved. Inner fire spell damage buff increased. Power word: barrier is going to be a flat 30% damage reduction to all targets within it (a pain supp-like mechanic) with a flat 10s duration. Nice because dependability is good, RNG is bad. Evangelism duration increased by 5s, and mind flay has a 100% chance to proc it (more of a shadow change but nice nonetheless). And inner focus works with binding heal now.

Lastly, shadowfiend duration won't be lowered by quite as much as it is now by the veiled shadows talent, but hopefully a 4m talented shadowfiend duration will be sufficient (compared to the 3m duration now) with the mana efficiency improvements being added.

Overall these look like some good changes, particularly regarding mana efficiency, which has been lacking for holy (especially compared to disc). And I'm excited that prayer of healing is being made more relevant.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I'm not going to argue the merits of what is considered a "major" change, so I'll just offer 2 changes that are undeniable.

Priests: Tome of Light moved from tier 4 to tier 3. New talent "Rapid Renewal" added.
Druid: Revitalize reduced from 3 ranks to 2 ranks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
sigh, again, already?
takes a screen shot.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I like talent resets. It's a free chance to redo your spec/try new talents without having to pay the extra gold.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
All healing talent trees have been changed (talent point additions, subtractions, and rearrangements). How is Blizzard supposed to know where you want your newly free talent points?

Edit: Tome of Light moved and Rapid Renewal added, for example.
Edited by Avester on 11/22/2010 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For pallies who utilize Holy Power and mana, some talents are completely changed (different effects, additional effects, now uses HP instead of mana, now uses mana instead of HP) that a reset is necessary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]