Battle of Wits. Iocane Powder. Muradin Trolls

85 Worgen Death Knight
The following was a battle of wits between the late Great, Visions of Muradin and the trolls we find on our server.

Visions: Inhale this, but do not touch.

Muradin Troll: I smell nothing.

Visions: (taking the packet back) What you do not smell is called iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadlier poisons known to man.

Muradin Troll: Hmm.

Visions: All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.

Muradin Troll: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's?

Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Visions: (And now there's a trace of nervousness beginning) You've made your decision then?

Muradin Troll: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Visions: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Muradin Troll: Wait till I get going! Where was I?

Visions: Australia.

Muradin Troll: Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Visions: You're just stalling now.

Muradin Troll: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Visions: You're trying to trick me into giving away something -- it won't work --

Muradin Troll: It has worked -- you've given everything away -- I know where the poison is.

Visions: Then make your choice.

Muradin Troll: I will. And I choose -- what in the world can that be?

Visions: What? Where? I don't see anything.

Muradin Troll: Oh, well, I-I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.

Visions: What's so funny?

Muradin Troll: I'll tell you in a minute. First, let's drink -- me from my glass, and you from yours.

And he picks up his goblet. Visions picks up the one in front of him. As they both start to drink, The troll hesitates a moment.

Visions: You guessed wrong.

Muradin Troll: You only think I guessed wrong -- that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned. You fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this:

"Never go in against a Muradin Troll when death is on the line."

A HA HA HA HA. A HA HA HA HA. A HA HA HA.
*Drops dead*

Visions flexes and moves on...
Edited by Illusions on 11/22/2010 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Paladin
who is visions

why are you posting his conversations

pretty sure posting other people's private conversations is a bannable offense

getting banned would be BAD NEWS, illusions.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Death Knight
The princess Bride.

Think up something original next time IMO.
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight
But The Princess Bride is a unique reference. A reference that surely does not occur with much frequency?

I mean, how many times have you really heard someone say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Not many times I'd guess.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
WHAT'S YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, VISIONS?

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
You are all the Vizzini to my man in black
Reply Quote
But The Princess Bride is a unique reference. A reference that surely does not occur with much frequency?

I mean, how many times have you really heard someone say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Not many times I'd guess.

Actually not too long ago I read a thread on Arena junkies where someone said "Hello my name is Inigo "insert name here" Montoya". More to the point though, this could have potentially been a lot better if it wasn't someone who just wanted to draw attention to how awesome he thinks people think he is.
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight

Actually not too long ago I read a thread on Arena junkies where someone said "Hello my name is Inigo "insert name here" Montoya". More to the point though, this could have potentially been a lot better if it wasn't someone who just wanted to draw attention to how awesome he thinks people think he is.

I figuratively doused my previous statement with liquid sarcasm (of the napalm quality, it doesn't really go away as quickly as you'd like). But I agree entirely with you. A response feels necessary but in the end, no matter the amount of thought, or ingenuity, or intelligent thought you put into that response, will it go appreciated. Such is WoWforumlife. Btw, I love you cerilla, we need to talk Cata DK when you have the time.
Reply Quote

I figuratively doused my previous statement with liquid sarcasm (of the napalm quality, it doesn't really go away as quickly as you'd like). But I agree entirely with you. A response feels necessary but in the end, no matter the amount of thought, or ingenuity, or intelligent thought you put into that response, will it go appreciated. Such is WoWforumlife. Btw, I love you cerilla, we need to talk Cata DK when you have the time.

I've been playing more sc2 than WoW lately, should just add me on REALID.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
More to the point though, this could have potentially been a lot better if it wasn't someone who just wanted to draw attention to how awesome he thinks people think he is.

Cmon now. I dont need to draw attention to the truth. It has a way of shining on through. Lets recap shall we?

Me
  • Raided with Grandeur for 2 years: stayed as #1 on the Alliance and #1 server that time

• Raided with ShadowRaven for 2 years: stayed at #1 alliance

• Vacationed over in Galv and raided there for a week. Ranked #1 on the server

• Ran Gold Runs / PuGs that've gone further in ICC then you've currently seen :(

• You:
  • Made some forum posts

• PvP'd on a PVE realm. Grats bro.

• Have yet to see anything past the first 4 bosses in ICC 25: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/muradin/cerilla/achievement#168:15042

• Conclusion? I think I'm awesome. You think I'm awesome. And I love you for it. You've obviously some deep seated feelings of inadequacy when my name is mentioned. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't let you in one of my famous Gold Runs, or if it's because you're really old school and I gave you a crap price on a Heart of Darkness. Regardless, I think your jealous ranting ought to be tapered in light of this upcoming expansion.

I'll tell you what, next time you're in Dalaran I'll let you stand beside me. Maybe some of my shine will rub off on ya. Maybe people will consider you "awesome" as well :)
    Reply Quote
    More to the point though, this could have potentially been a lot better if it wasn't someone who just wanted to draw attention to how awesome he thinks people think he is.

Cmon now. I dont need to draw attention to the truth. It has a way of shining on through. Lets recap shall we?

Me
  • Raided with Grandeur for 2 years: stayed as #1 on the Alliance and #1 server that time

• Raided with ShadowRaven for 2 years: stayed at #1 alliance

• Vacationed over in Galv and raided there for a week. Ranked #1 on the server

• Ran Gold Runs / PuGs that've gone further in ICC then you've currently seen :(

• You:
  • Made some forum posts

• PvP'd on a PVE realm. Grats bro.

• Have yet to see anything past the first 4 bosses in ICC 25: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/muradin/cerilla/achievement#168:15042

• Conclusion? I think I'm awesome. You think I'm awesome. And I love you for it. You've obviously some deep seated feelings of inadequacy when my name is mentioned. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't let you in one of my famous Gold Runs, or if it's because you're really old school and I gave you a crap price on a Heart of Darkness. Regardless, I think your jealous ranting ought to be tapered in light of this upcoming expansion.

I'll tell you what, next time you're in Dalaran I'll let you stand beside me. Maybe some of my shine will rub off on ya. Maybe people will consider you "awesome" as well :)

I killed Saurfang in 25man ICC? Why do I not remember that?

Also, your DK is specced incorrectly.

Shoulda hurped instead of durping there broham.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Death Knight
    lawl.
    If I ever decide to PvP, I'll consider askin' for advice, till then - focus on killin Saurafang before you you talk2me bout spec ..brosky
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Death Knight
    This thread will now be locked in my mind as I've been declared the winner!

Reply Quote
    lawl.
    If I ever decide to PvP, I'll consider askin' for advice, till then - focus on killin Saurafang before you you talk2me bout spec ..brosky

In your current frost spec you have improved death grip so I'll assume that's your PvP spec. The you completely skip Chill of the Grave. For one point in imp. frost presence and a 3rd point in rime. Let's look at what chill of the grave does compared to your other talents
    -Chill of the grave generates 10 additional runic power
    -1 point in imp. frost presence gives you 2% increased runic power generation. (I'm assuming you're at least smart enough to play in unholy presence while PvPing here)
    - a 3rd point allows for a few additional opportunities to proc a free howling blast

So you gain
    -2% increased RP generation
    -Slightly higher chance to proc a free howling blast

And you lose
    -10 RP per howling blast

Howling blast is currently a frost DK's bread and butter along with frost strike. Obliterate is good against lower armor targets, but is completely situational in use, but you don't even need to be good at math to realize that 5 rp per howling blast is a lot more than 2% total RP generation. Howling bast is a ranged AoE nuke ability and it is a key ability to playing frost. Not taking talents to maximize the benefits of that ability in a PvP environment is just idiotic.

Yes, you are specced incorrectly.
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Death Knight
    Fixed.

Its now spec'd tanking.
    Im not going to pretend I know anything about pvp. Hell I will be the first to admit that 1/2 this server probably owes the majority of their Life time HK's cause they targeted me in a BG :D

Ill fix the spec when I respec
    Reply Quote
    85 Orc Death Knight
    lawl.

In your current frost spec you have improved death grip so I'll assume that's your PvP spec. The you completely skip Chill of the Grave. For one point in imp. frost presence and a 3rd point in rime. Let's look at what chill of the grave does compared to your other talents
    -Chill of the grave generates 10 additional runic power
    -1 point in imp. frost presence gives you 2% increased runic power generation. (I'm assuming you're at least smart enough to play in unholy presence while PvPing here)
    - a 3rd point allows for a few additional opportunities to proc a free howling blast

So you gain
    -2% increased RP generation
    -Slightly higher chance to proc a free howling blast

And you lose
    -10 RP per howling blast

Howling blast is currently a frost DK's bread and butter along with frost strike. Obliterate is good against lower armor targets, but is completely situational in use, but you don't even need to be good at math to realize that 5 rp per howling blast is a lot more than 2% total RP generation. Howling bast is a ranged AoE nuke ability and it is a key ability to playing frost. Not taking talents to maximize the benefits of that ability in a PvP environment is just idiotic.

Yes, you are specced incorrectly.

I see no frost spec...
    Reply Quote
    This thread will now be locked in my mind as I've been declared the winner!

It's not so much that you are a winner in this twosome race. More like Shaz comes in second and you finish next to last.

Why do you keep calling me Shaz?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]