Removal date of "the Undying" and others

80 Human Priest
Just wondering if it is the patch or the xpac release date that will mean the removal of achievements like the Undying and the Immortal
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I am treating it as if it is this patch, and if it is not I will get another alt done soon:)
Reply Quote
81 Human Rogue
Certainly is my hope that at the very least this Tuesday with raid lockouts being wiped that the achievement will still be there for one last shot at it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
When was it said that these achievements were gonna be removed?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'm too lazy to hunt down the blue posts but I'm pretty sure they've said they wanted to get away from removing things like that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well at the very least they should go away in Cata, don't need lvl 85s getting Bane of the Fallen King.... just like we can't go back and get Champ of the Naruu(sp?). or Hand of A'dal.

I just don't know if it is 4.03a or Dec 7.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I don't know exactly when they are removed, but my guild is working under the assumption that it will happen with this patch; we'll know soon enough. Regarding a blue post that these titles will be unavailable, this was posted on 9/21/10 -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1975-Cataclysm-Beta-Build-12984-(Codename-Puppy)

Raids & Dungeons
•The Undying is now a Feat of Strength.
•The Immortal is now a Feat of Strength.
•He Feeds On Your Tears (10 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•He Feeds On Your Tears (25 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•Champion of Ulduar is now a Feat of Strength.
•Conqueror of Ulduar is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Skill (10 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Mad Skill (10 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Insanity (10 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Skill (25 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Mad Skill (25 player) is now a Feat of Strength.
•A Tribute to Insanity (25 player) is now a Feat of Strength.

Oddly enough, many of my guildies insist that additional titles including Kingslayer, Light of Dawn, Starcaller, and others are all going away, but I have yet to see any confirmation of this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's available in our Achievement pane once the patch hits.
Reply Quote
81 Human Rogue
So is it going away tomorrow? Seeing a lot of different things, speculation as always says that the patch is tomorrow, if its part of the patch then it would be gone tomorrow I would assume, so confusing and I would really wish a blue would reply to queries like this.
Edited by Rockefeller on 11/22/2010 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't see the difference between getting rid of these achievements, and keeping "Insane in the Membrane."

They will both be drastically easier to achieve in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]