12% Expose Armor - seriously?

56 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not sure why they felt the need to make an already useless ability even more useless!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Maybe because all "necessary" buffs and debuffs have been nerfed? Sunder is now 3 stacks of 4% each, i.e. the same as EA. Same as all melee haste effects got nerfed to 10%.

Also, it's far from useless. It's just not the zomg amazing ability it once was.
Reply Quote
7 Orc Warrior
You're doin it wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Maybe because all "necessary" buffs and debuffs have been nerfed? Sunder is now 3 stacks of 4% each, i.e. the same as EA. Same as all melee haste effects got nerfed to 10%.

Also, it's far from useless. It's just not the zomg amazing ability it once was.

Expose armor has never been amazing.
Reply Quote
7 Orc Warrior

Did you play vanilla? You're wrong.
Reply Quote

Tell us how it was in vanilla since it was so great. You come into our sanctuary and spew garbage from your hands upon us.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
It is now in line with FFF and Devastate, both of which do a max of 12% armor reduction. While it isn't amazing, and it is definitely not appealing to spend combo points on it, if you are in a heavily physical raid, you should still be doing it if you're the only one who can.
Reply Quote
7 Orc Warrior

Tell us how it was in vanilla since it was so great. You come into our sanctuary and spew garbage from your hands upon us.

It used to be a flat armor decrease and would destroy clothies. It was what allowed rogues to be actually take down a decently geared Spriest when everyone was QQ'ing about how OP they were.

And wtf you mean "our sanctuary"? I've been posting in the rogue forums since like '06, son.
Reply Quote
The last time i used Expose armor was in vanilla, and it was in pvp. I've never, not even once, used EA in pve because it kept warriors from using sunders.

And that is why EA has no place on my action bars, it's useless when other classes have a need to use theirs and ours doesn't stack with it, so it actually hurts our dps to put it up when someone else can/will/must.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
I like that they essentially gave this ability to mutilate rogues for free, minus the 1 second global you have to spend and the two talent points.

I have yet to see a mut rogue use this ability.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
The last time i used Expose armor was in vanilla, and it was in pvp. I've never, not even once, used EA in pve because it kept warriors from using sunders.

You must have not enjoyed messing with warriors in vanilla.

Overriding 2 stack sunder with 5cp EA was always hilarious in raids.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Hilarious? I got yelled at <_<

"Oops... misclick"

Vent:"WTF ROGUE!" before they fixed it anywho, which i don't even remember if they did fix it during vanilla.
Edited by Zerion on 11/30/2010 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Hilarious? I got yelled at <_<

"Oops... misclick"

Vent:"WTF ROGUE!" before they fixed it anywho, which i don't even remember if they did fix it during vanilla.

Hilarious to rogues, of course!

And I'm unsure if they ever did, I remember doing it up to the end of BWL/early AQ 40, where my vanilla raiding reached.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]