When exactly can I be a Dwarf Shaman?

80 Draenei Shaman
I am planning on race changing to the new race/class combination for my class on my faction. Will this be available at midnight PST time, or after the patch has been fully applied to WoW on Tuesday and the servers are up for maintenance?
80 Night Elf Rogue
Well, you can create one tomorrow when the realms come up. There has been no confirmation that you can race change yet.

The only Blue response on the paid race change was about 12 days ago saying race change won't be available til Cata, but it also indicated that it could change.

Edit for grammar fail.
Edited by Renadiel on 11/22/2010 3:01 PM PST
8 Orc Hunter
I am planning on race changing to the new race/class combination for my class on my faction. Will this be available at midnight PST time, or after the patch has been fully applied to WoW on Tuesday and the servers are up for maintenance?

While NEW dwarf shamans can be rolled as of the launch of 4.0.3a (suspected tomorrow) - race changes to the new combinations won't be available until dec 7th.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1015371759?page=1#6

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)
Edited by Brugh on 11/22/2010 3:04 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
For reference here is the blog post.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog
Support Forum Agent
Thank you for the evidence. Why are they doing this?!? You can reroll the new class/race combinations but you can't race change into them? Why do this when Goblin/Worgen are already going to create an issue since there will be a significant number of changes upon Cataclysm release?

I can't speak for our Developers, Genetixz, though this is likely a matter of making the appropriate changes to the Race and Faction Change services. It is unlikely that the race/class combinations are just a simple toggle that needs to be turned on. My best guess would be that when they go into the system to set the new possible race/class combinations they only want to do so once.

That is just a guess though.
Edited by Vrakthris on 11/22/2010 3:20 PM PST
8 Orc Hunter
Nice quote fail, V.
Support Forum Agent
Nice quote fail, V.

Why, thank you. :P
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]