Tank nerf

85 Tauren Warrior
# Devastate no longer provides bonus threat.
# Shield Slam: Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%
# Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
# Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage.

so what, we basically cant do any threat now? Im really confused to why these changes (in particular the threat changes) were made and what if any benefit vengence is going to add if its basically not affecting shield slam
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
/drink

I don't understand it quite right, but these are to balance things with how they are on the beta. The sky is not falling. Vengeance currently affects Shield Slam far too much, it will still benefit Shield Slam, it just won't give us 50 bazillion k shield slam non-crits.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Defensive Stance generates all the threat you need, provided you're tanking correctly. Which is to say, tab-targeting, using the right opening combos, etc.

No one said tanking was supposed to be easy ;)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083320458

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083320649

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083320554

/drink
Edited by Kalle on 11/22/2010 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's only, what, the third or fourth post today about this same non-issue?

It's not like the other threads are all still on the first page or something...oh, wait...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just read MMO Champ and I am outraged!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I think I am going to use this thread to help me copy and paste to the other urls over the next few days.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
I'm still waiting for druid nerf threads to appear here (Why is it only warrior threads?) so I can get some more delicious waffle recipes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I don't think gutting warrior's tanking abilities to be non issue myself. But since they're popular it must be ok right?
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
I hardly think they've been "gutted". We lost bonus threat, which they said they wanted to do ages ago. Shield Slam is still as powerful as it was, it's just less OP with high vengeance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think gutting warrior's tanking abilities to be non issue myself. But since they're popular it must be ok right?

It's a non-issue when the changes have been on beta for weeks without breaking anything.

But hey - nice job getting indignant without bothering to understand the full story.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Is that GC quote included in the freaking quest text for the WW axe now?

It's like folklore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is that GC quote included in the freaking quest text for the WW axe now?

It's like folklore.

More like a JFK conspiracy theory.

No matter how many times you debunk it, it just never dies.
Edited by Alandrek on 11/22/2010 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
These changes mostly effect single target threat and on live I had a bit of wiggle room there. So I don't see this breaking Warrior threat. If anything it'll even it out a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
These changes mostly effect single target threat and on live I had a bit of wiggle room there. So I don't see this breaking Warrior threat. If anything it'll even it out a bit.

no no no, you don't get it. Sky = Falling. Darn it!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Not to hijack such a glorious thread topic, but does anyone know if the 1stam:14hp conversion is going live tomorrow? I know it wasn't on the PTR servers, but it's been on the beta servers for a while.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
My guess would be no.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

It's a non-issue when the changes have been on beta for weeks without breaking anything.

But hey - nice job getting indignant without bothering to understand the full story.

Actually, and this should be fairly obvious if this were the old forums, I'm a paladin. I do have a warrior alt, but that's hardly my main as he isn't even max level.

I just think it's bull that warriors have fewer cooldowns, have lower threat, lower mitigation, lower avoidance, and plain out lowest self healing and then get hit by more nerfs when I was expecting buffs. But sure, it must be because I have so much at stake. What with my level 75 not going to be chosen over my main.

No. I'm actually rather concerned over tanking balance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No. I'm actually rather concerned over tanking balance.

There are much more pressing balance concerns than a few already-tested threat tweaks finally trickling down to the live servers. This really is a non-issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]