Connected Realms Update - 12/19

(Locked)

Community Manager
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Monday, December 23rd during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 6 a.m. PST through approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Anetheron and Magtherdion/Ysondre
  • Crushridge and Anub'arak/Chromaggus/Garithos/Nathrezim/Smolderthorn
  • Darrowmere and Windrunner
  • Demonsoul and Coilfang, Dark Iron, and Dalvengyr
  • Draka and Suramar
  • Velen and Eonar

We will be connecting the realms listed below on Friday, January 3rd during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PST through approximately 11:00 a.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.

• Akama and Dragonmaw
  • Executus and Kalecgos
  • Galakrond and Blackhand
  • Shandris and Bronzebeard
  • The Forgotten Coast and Balnazzar, Gorgonash and Warsong
  • Undermine and Anvilmar

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do.

• Bladefist and Kul Tiras
  • Nazgrel and Vek'nilash/Nesingwary
  • Nazjatar and Mannoroth/Blood Furnace
  • Norgannon and Kargath
  • Stormscale and Firetree/Rivendare/Drak'Tharon/Malorne/Spirestone
  • Uldaman and Ravencrest

Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here. For the current list of connected realm completions and future connections, please visit the connection post here. Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections as we can. *Please note this list does not encompass all potential future connections. Please check back for further updates.
Edited by Delumriel on 1/2/2014 2:50 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Sweet... eagerly awaiting news on Terokkar. I have 10 90's on there, and the 11th is 89... would like to know which realm will get my free "auto-90" in Warlords so I can stay with my guild.

Of course, you could just lift the per-realm character limit for us altoholics... :-)
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Still waiting on Naz'grel + Nesingwary/Vek'nilash. Really, what happened to it? It was planned for the last batch, why was it pulled off and why is it still not replanned?
100 Human Warlock
would like to know which realm will get my free "auto-90" in Warlords so I can stay with my guild.

It'll probably be something you do via account management. Similar to how scroll of res made someone 80.
100 Goblin Rogue
lol January 3rd for Dragonmaw. Better than nothing I guess. Game would be a lot more fun with at least SOME alliance. =/
100 Night Elf Druid
Sweet... eagerly awaiting news on Terokkar. I have 10 90's on there, and the 11th is 89... would like to know which realm will get my free "auto-90" in Warlords so I can stay with my guild.

Of course, you could just lift the per-realm character limit for us altoholics... :-)
I suppose you are joking but, in fact, the only real solution for the inequity of players having more than 11 characters available to them on connected realms is to just let us all have up to 50 characters on one realm (or to spread them out however we want). Connected realms are creating just too much disparity between subscribers. Getting rid of the per realm cap is the only viable solution.
100 Human Mage
still no arathor + skywall guess they are waiting to do us last.
Could you please connect some of the RP servers?

I'm fearing that if you hold back any longer there's going to be a 1:10 Horde Alli imbalance on BWR
50 Tauren Druid
Alright, demonsoul's connecting with dark iron! We will have a few more peeps to bug now!
Could you please connect some of the RP servers?

I'm fearing that if you hold back any longer there's going to be a 1:10 Horde Alli imbalance on BWR

Yes please connect some of the R/P servers, some of us, (like The Scryers) are listed as medium and it is a LIE we are D E AD ....

Can we please not get forgotten, others like MG and WRA are populated, we are not, so please maybe connect the dead ones together ???
90 Undead Monk
Did Nazgrel ever get connected to any servers? It was supposed to but I never heard of anything about it again, it is not in the completed connections list.

I never heard a update about it.

Yes please connect some of the R/P servers, some of us, (like The Scryers) are listed as medium and it is a LIE we are D E AD ....

Pretty much, The low servers/new players ones must be undead.
Edited by Nisperaspias on 12/11/2013 3:31 PM PST
100 Human Priest
Wait... Undermine and Anvilmar is actually happening?

That throws the datacenter-collapse theory out the window.
100 Human Death Knight
Edited by Weekender on 12/11/2013 4:07 PM PST
100 Human Priest

*The Forgotten Coast and Warsong/Balnaazar/Gorgonash

THIS is a big deal. Forgotten Coast is in the Phoenix datacenter, but the other three are all in Chicago. That's unprecedented.

The Anvilmar/Undermine connection is only weird because it's two New York realms getting connected together without first being connected to something in Chicago.

The whole datacenter theory is out the window if these two connections go through.
90 Tauren Monk
Every time I see one of these threads pop up, I get all excited.

Then I look at the list of servers, and then I am sad.
85 Orc Warlock
<<Shandris looks at Bronzebeard. You mean that low-progression server?>>

<<Bronzebeard looks at Shandris. You mean that low-progression server?>>
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
Every time I see one of these threads pop up, I get all excited.

Then I look at the list of servers, and then I am sad.

I feel exactly the same way. =/

*sighs and musters up some more patience*
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]