Connected Realms Update - 12/19

(Locked)

1 Orc Hunter
Crushridge is still broken and not properly combined with Smolderthorn and company...haven't seen anything aside from one tweet last night saying you guys are looking into it. What gives??
Edited by Uglyful on 12/17/2013 8:12 AM PST
83 Gnome Warlock
Still no love for the RP-PvP servers..
Crushridge is still broken and not properly combined with Smolderthorn and company...haven't seen anything aside from one tweet last night saying you guys are looking into it. What gives??

Given that there are still lingering issues with Connected Realms overall, you have to be patient when it comes to issues with it. Pretty much what it says on the tin, they are aware of it and it can take a few days for them to settle things out.

EDIT: What the candle lady says :)
Edited by Nyctelia on 12/17/2013 10:30 AM PST
Community Manager
12-17: Crushridge and Anub'arak/Chromaggus/Garithos/Nathrezim/Smolderthorn have been temporarily delayed due to some additional work that's needed to complete the connections. We will provide an update on when this realm is rescheduled.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/17/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Nethaera
12-17: Crushridge and Anub'arak/Chromaggus/Garithos/Nathrezim/Smolderthorn have been temporarily delayed due to some additional work that's needed to complete the connections. We will provide an update on when this realm is rescheduled.

Same as Naz'grel? Or for reals?
90 Undead Rogue
Just wondering what are the size goals of all connections made by the end? Can't really tell anything from the connections at all. Some added up to 12k pop some 2k some 5k some 8k etc..
Edited by Gank on 12/17/2013 11:23 AM PST
90 Undead Monk
12/17/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Draenybrit

Same as Naz'grel? Or for reals?

I am also wondering about this, would be nice for an answer. Thanks.
90 Troll Druid
Sweet... eagerly awaiting news on Terokkar. I have 10 90's on there, and the 11th is 89... would like to know which realm will get my free "auto-90" in Warlords so I can stay with my guild.

Of course, you could just lift the per-realm character limit for us altoholics... :-)

Yes please get rid of the 11 characters per realm. I want more toons and them all in my main guild. I hate not being able to level another toon and if I do I'm forced off server and away from my #1 guild.

Or connect Stormreaver to another server so I can make characters on THAT SERVER and put those toons in my #1 guild.
90 Dwarf Rogue
Well, considering around a hundred Maly toons at Shrine AH, "high" is most likely.

Yeah but how many are on the Alliance side.
90 Night Elf Druid
Just wondering what are the size goals of all connections made by the end? Can't really tell anything from the connections at all. Some added up to 12k pop some 2k some 5k some 8k etc..

I'm not sure they will tell us.

Here is what I did... looking at Realm Pop for "feel good" numbers since we don't have real exact data.

The highest population a connected server is reaching (on realm pop), is currently 120,000 characters (not accounts).

I have an alt on Mal'Ganis (listed as 157,000 on realm pop). It is 99% horde and feels insanely populated since it is one sided and considered high population.

Using this as a guide... if it was half populated (balanced) it would still feel full. Also, I see my server at 49,000 characters (mostly balanced) and they are aiming for 120,000... then I should expect to see a little more than double in size for my server... _EVENTUALLY_ when I get on the list.

I would be happy.
Edited by Kurston on 12/17/2013 1:08 PM PST
90 Tauren Death Knight
Great news, but Suramar is even more Alliance-stacked than Draka. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.
68 Goblin Hunter
Seriously? When is Medivh going to get some love? Horde side is completely dead and Alliance isn't far behind.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/17/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Notagin
Well, considering around a hundred Maly toons at Shrine AH, "high" is most likely.

Yeah but how many are on the Alliance side.

That IS alliance side. It's even worse today.
90 Pandaren Warrior
First off, as per my standard in these threads, shout out to all my fellow Scryers.

Now to the point, Blizzard, why in the hell are you completely ignoring RP realms, some of them are dieing a slow death, and at the rate your going now, and with how little attention you have been paying to RP realms during these connections, ie, not connecting a single damn RP realm, some RP realms could very well be well and truly dead beyond saving by the time you get to them.

You are a business, and as a business, you have to show your customers, regardless of realm type, they matter to you. As it stands now, I would care to wager a sizable chunk of the RP realm players are starting to question how much you really care about their game experience. If you wish to continue this neglect of RP realms to its end, and those customers end up having such a bad play experience due to the declining population of said realms, they end up leaving, you will have only yourselves to blame.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Now to the point, Blizzard, why in the hell are you completely ignoring RP realms

Same as Oceanic realms.

ZERO OCEANIC REALM CONNECTIONS.

This is yet another of Blizzard's famous 'carrots' to dangle in front of customers' faces so they don't realize how bad WoW has become.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blades Edge please
90 Human Mage
Still no Antonidas yet :(

This makes me a sad mage.
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/17/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Paetheas
Now to the point, Blizzard, why in the hell are you completely ignoring RP realms

Same as Oceanic realms.

ZERO OCEANIC REALM CONNECTIONS.

This is yet another of Blizzard's famous 'carrots' to dangle in front of customers' faces so they don't realize how bad WoW has become.

First things first, another shout out to all my fellow Scryers.

True reason is, they are a business, they are gonna drag it out as long as they can and force people to either wait it out, or, as most people on these dieing realms have already done, pay up and xfer off.

Blizzard is your typical business and are after one thing, profit. If they merged realms quicker, the less impatient people wouldn't pay to xfer off their dieing realm, and Blizz wouldn't make as much money off those people.

Which is fine and all, but what does that mean for those that continue to wait it out, well, their game experience is going to become worse and worse until they will either; pay up and xfer themselves or worse, quit, and it will mean Blizz will have to connect even more realms to obtain the desired effect they are currently hoping to achieve.

Blizz could easily solve all this by simply having Oceanic, RP, and RP-PvP servers in the connection line-ups. I'm not asking for everyone of them connected now, I'm simply asking Blizz give us a sign of good faith that they are concerned about us as well and have an occasional RP, Oceanic, and/or RP-PvP realm show up in their connection line-ups here and there.

Honestly though, I somehow doubt Blizz will do this, and continue to ignore those 3 types of realms until they help all the PvP and PvE realms. Then those other 3 realm types will get their turn, but question is, what kind of shape will those realms all be in when Blizz finally gets to them. Will they be like some of the earlier PvP realms that needed what, 5+ realms connected to get them a decent population. Whereas right now, Blizz could probably get away with possibly as few as 2 or 3 connections per group to improve the situation enough that those realms will be stable until they can get around to them again if more help is needed for them.

Sorry for the long post, needed to get my thoughts down while they are fresh in my head, and before I go to bed. Either that or this was all fueled by the fact I am tired, I don't really know.
Edited by Nasidia on 12/17/2013 7:17 PM PST
90 Orc Hunter
eh, I'm from an Oceanic server that will probably be connected in the future but I'm just going to wait until they are done with all the realms much, much worse off than mine before I start whinging and crying on the forums.

When I look at the people here asking for a connection from realms like Antonidas and the Scryers and I see 20+ realms in a worse shape with no connection announced either I can only think 'SELFISH'.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Could you please connect some of the RP servers?

I would love to see Kirin Tor and Feathermoon connected.
Those are the two realms I play on, and I would -love- to have all my characters in one guild.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]