Connected Realms Update - 12/19

(Locked)

First off, as per my standard in these threads, shout out to all my fellow Scryers.

Now to the point, Blizzard, why in the hell are you completely ignoring RP realms, some of them are dieing a slow death, and at the rate your going now, and with how little attention you have been paying to RP realms during these connections, ie, not connecting a single damn RP realm, some RP realms could very well be well and truly dead beyond saving by the time you get to them.

You are a business, and as a business, you have to show your customers, regardless of realm type, they matter to you. As it stands now, I would care to wager a sizable chunk of the RP realm players are starting to question how much you really care about their game experience. If you wish to continue this neglect of RP realms to its end, and those customers end up having such a bad play experience due to the declining population of said realms, they end up leaving, you will have only yourselves to blame.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I dread the day my realm shows up on one of these lists.

Yeah. Been there, done that. IT SUCKS.
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/18/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Feanorion
Treedragon: You're over-reacting. Be patient. Your time will come.

]
How would this conversation play out if it were reversed?

<Blizzard Accounting> Your subscription fee is due in 3 minutes. Pay or we shut your service off in 3:01.

<Treedragon> You're over-reacting. Be patient. Your fee will come.

How do you think that will play out?

The last time I paid my subscription it was for 6 months in advance. Now I'm going month to month to see what turns up with this whole deal.

Funny you mention that, when people don't pay their subscription fees on time the subscription terminates when the game time runs out, but somehow if you threaten to cancel your sub because Blizz is doing nothing real substantive about the horrible shape some of these realms are in it's never Blizzard's fault, people say "you're overreacting", etc. And I'm "overreacting" according to some because I'm finally throwing in the towel and transferring my hunter so I don't have to miss out on playing the current content I am paying for. Why is it never Blizzard's fault for their actions? Or in this case, inactions? Blizzard made this whole connection realm thing sound like they are rolling this out with 5.4 - "hey, we got the technology, we can't do it" they said. For the time since 5.4 went live, they don't have an awful lot done so...

And the math doesn't lie. Like I said 200+ realms at the rate of 5 pairs of connections per week, simple division of 200 by 5 will reveal how many weeks that will take.
Edited by Treedragon on 12/18/2013 4:03 PM PST
90 Dwarf Rogue

]
How would this conversation play out if it were reversed?

<Blizzard Accounting> Your subscription fee is due in 3 minutes. Pay or we shut your service off in 3:01.

<Treedragon> You're over-reacting. Be patient. Your fee will come.

How do you think that will play out?

The last time I paid my subscription it was for 6 months in advance. Now I'm going month to month to see what turns up with this whole deal.

Funny you mention that, when people don't pay their subscription fees on time the subscription terminates when the game time runs out, but somehow if you threaten to cancel your sub because Blizz is doing nothing real substantive about the horrible shape some of these realms are in it's never Blizzard's fault, people say "you're overreacting", etc. And I'm "overreacting" according to some because I'm finally throwing in the towel and transferring my hunter so I don't have to miss out on playing the current content I am paying for. Why is it never Blizzard's fault for their actions? Or in this case, inactions? Blizzard made this whole connection realm thing sound like they are rolling this out with 5.4 - "hey, we got the technology, we can't do it" they said. For the time since 5.4 went live, they don't have an awful lot done so...

And the math doesn't lie. Like I said 200+ realms at the rate of 5 pairs of connections per week, simple division of 200 by 5 will reveal how many weeks that will take.

Eliminate the high pop and full pop realms from that "200+ realms" estimate. Also, many medium pop realms get into the high pop realm category during prime time (like several Oceanic realms).

I'd be surprised if the CR process wasn't completed within 3 months aside from some fine-tuning. Certainly before WoD launches (in 6-7 months?).
Edited by Notagin on 12/18/2013 4:15 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
My biggest concern right now is the additional character slots one receives when their realm gets connected to another. I'm a bit of an alt-o-holic, and my alts get no help gold-wise or gear wise (boe's) when they start up on a new server. Any word on equalizing char slots between realms that get no cross server and those that get 4?
Edited by Cølfax on 12/18/2013 7:54 PM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
My biggest concern right now is the additional character slots one receives when their realm gets transferred to another. I'm a bit of an alt-o-holic, and my alts get help gold-wise when they start up on a new server. Any word on equalizing char slots between realms that get no cross server and those that get 4?

You still have to log into the individual realm to access those characters. As in I have to log off Aggramar and log into Fizzcrank (a separate but connected realm) to access my 3 alts there. It is still 11 characters on each server.
9 Pandaren Monk
12/18/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Mythox
My biggest concern right now is the additional character slots one receives when their realm gets transferred to another. I'm a bit of an alt-o-holic, and my alts get help gold-wise when they start up on a new server. Any word on equalizing char slots between realms that get no cross server and those that get 4?

You still have to log into the individual realm to access those characters. As in I have to log off Aggramar and log into Fizzcrank (a separate but connected realm) to access my 3 alts there. It is still 11 characters on each server.

It doesn't matter if you have to relog. There is absolutely no difference between the toons other than the server name after their name. They can do anything with each other that characters on the first realm can do with each other. That is a massive difference between the number of character non-connected realms can have versus the players in bigger server clusters. Heck, the bigger clusters can have their entire allowed number of characters on one "server" while people on bigger realms that most likely won't get connected will only have 11 characters able to interact.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Eliminate the high pop and full pop realms from that "200+ realms" estimate. Also, many medium pop realms get into the high pop realm category during prime time (like several Oceanic realms).

I'd be surprised if the CR process wasn't completed within 3 months aside from some fine-tuning. Certainly before WoD launches (in 6-7 months?).

I'm not considering high pop servers in this at all. My numbers aren't the exact numbers but I think I'm conveying the general idea. Some people now have connected realms and can get on with raiding current content, and many others have to wait, and there are some who will have to wait until WoD comes out or else cutting it very close.
100 Human Priest

I'm not considering high pop servers in this at all. My numbers aren't the exact numbers but I think I'm conveying the general idea. Some people now have connected realms and can get on with raiding current content, and many others have to wait, and there are some who will have to wait until WoD comes out or else cutting it very close.

There's nothing wrong with you jumping to a new server to do what you want to do right now. Literally my only concern is you coming back a week after Mok'nathal gets connected spitting fire because Blizzard dared to connect the realm you were certain they would never ever connect.

It's going to get connected. If it doesn't get connected, then that means it's because the population there is fine. Mok'nathal, from all reports, is NOT OKAY, so it's as certain as the sunrise to get connected eventually. But none of that matters if you're sitting around, agitated that you can't do the content.

Do the transfer. Get the guild. Do the things. Be happy! I want that for you.
Community Manager
The post has been updated to include the next scheduled time for the Crushridge connection and the Nazgrel connection (for those who have been asking) will be in a batch sometime after the third of January batch has completed. As always, these plans could change at any time depending on any additional work needed to successfully complete the connections.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The post has been updated to include the next scheduled time for the Crushridge connection and the Nazgrel connection (for those who have been asking) will be in a batch sometime after the third of January batch has completed. As always, these plans could change at any time depending on any additional work needed to successfully complete the connections.

You're awesome, Neth.
100 Troll Druid
12/11/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Nethaera
  • Bladefist and Kul Tiras

• Sorry Kul Tiras. You guys drew the short stick.
    100 Troll Hunter
    I am wondering how Kul Tiras is getting connected before The Underbog.. Honestly, as someone who has 90s on both of these servers, i feel there is a huge difference in activity from KT to TUB.
    100 Human Priest
    I am wondering how Kul Tiras is getting connected before The Underbog.. Honestly, as someone who has 90s on both of these servers, i feel there is a huge difference in activity from KT to TUB.

Glancing at the rankings on WoWProgress, I'm inclined to agree with you, since Underbog appears to be worse off than both Kul Tiras AND Bladefist.

Notably, though, when you look at the datacenters, KT is in LA, and Bladefist is in PHX. Underbog is in New York, meaning it has to get connected to something in Chicago. There's any number of explanations why Underbog isn't in play yet, but the bottom line is that it'll come into play eventually.
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    It's nice to see Undermine back on the list, but does a whole lot of nothing for horde combining it with a Alliance dominated server with a horde guild that prob doesn't even have normal on farm. Kinda disappointing but there is some potential on alliance side now just not enough raid groups for them.
    99 Human Mage
    nice to see Naz/Vek/Nesing back on the list! thank you!
    100 Human Priest
    It's nice to see Undermine back on the list, but does a whole lot of nothing for horde combining it with a Alliance dominated server with a horde guild that prob doesn't even have normal on farm. Kinda disappointing but there is some potential on alliance side now just not enough raid groups for them.

I don't think Anvilmar/Undermine will be finished after only one connection. While there isn't much possibility that the faction imbalance will get fixed, they can at least add enough realms to get the Horde population to a respectable level.
    68 Goblin Hunter

Medivh? Pretty please?
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]