Connected Realms Update - 12/19

(Locked)

86 Dwarf Hunter
Really? The combined overall population isn't really especially high still. Might be a case of the connecting revitalizing things and sparking an unusually high level of activity.

New Players server.
100 Human Priest
I noticed that there have been occasional queues on WrA lately during peak times. If that's happening now, I think we're going to see a LOT of queues on a lot of realms when WoD is released.

That's arguably a good thing.
91 Draenei Death Knight
With all of the connecting of realms, there really needs to be an option for people to take a whole guild, characters and all, and leave a server for another one. You people are creating massive faction imbalances on server clusters, PVP servers are just getting stupid to try and get anything done on. Frankly, I'm not paying $25 each to move all my characters to a better realm, and level a guild from nothing. I'll quit playing before that happens.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hi Nethaera,

I've been following connected realms closely because I maintain a lot of alts on different servers. I tend to gravitate towards servers that are close to me physically for optimal latency in pvp.

One thing that concerns me that Blizzard hasn't been entirely transparent about. It seems that as part of this connected realm process, WoW servers - not just those being connected to other realms - are being physically moved to other datacenters and are now in different battlegroups. An example is that The Forgotten Coast has moved from Phoenix to Chicago. That server was moved, but it seems that other servers that were not connected are moving around as well.

While many customers do not care about a doubling of their latency, it does matter to me. Is it possible for Blizzard to keep more precise information on its servers similar to how this page is set up:

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter
Edited by Greenmambas on 1/4/2014 11:57 PM PST
19 Blood Elf Hunter
I want a free transfer to a different server for all my toons. Going overnight from 400-500/250 A:H to 1250/1000 is absolute rubbish. How is this supposed to be fun? It has tripled the amount of time it takes me to do ANYTHING. How is this going to work when the expansion comes? What servers will not impacted by this? This is insanity!
90 Night Elf Warrior
I noticed that there have been occasional queues on WrA lately during peak times. If that's happening now, I think we're going to see a LOT of queues on a lot of realms when WoD is released.

I can't imagine why queues are a good thing. There have been times in the evenings since the Icecrown/Malygos merger that the server population has been "High" and I'm concerned that if another merge is made, there will be a risk of seeing queues on Icecrown/Malygos/server3. Heck, I'm concerned there might be queues when WoD releases even without a third realm merge.

I've said it before: I won't pay a monthly fee to sit in a queue to play the game. If that's Blizzard's goal, I'll happily cancel my sub and leave them to it when it happens on my realms.
90 Human Death Knight
Hope we can get an update on this today.
Community Manager

Working on it now. ;)
100 Human Priest

I can't imagine why queues are a good thing. There have been times in the evenings since the Icecrown/Malygos merger that the server population has been "High" and I'm concerned that if another merge is made, there will be a risk of seeing queues on Icecrown/Malygos/server3. Heck, I'm concerned there might be queues when WoD releases even without a third realm merge.

I've said it before: I won't pay a monthly fee to sit in a queue to play the game. If that's Blizzard's goal, I'll happily cancel my sub and leave them to it when it happens on my realms.

To be clear, the only context in which queues are a good thing is when they communicate that a lot of people are playing the game. In virtually every other context, queues are bad because it means players aren't playing the game.
90 Human Death Knight
01/06/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Nethaera

Working on it now. ;)

woot!
100 Human Priest
01/06/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Nethaera

Working on it now. ;)

Whoohoo! Thanks boss. ^_^
Community Manager
The Connected Realm list has been updated on both the blog post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11393305/ and in the forums here as a thread. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11160806299

I'm going to close this one out.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]