5.4.2 Dampening change

1 Draenei Paladin
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/244363-542-dampening-change/#entry4010035

really dampening at 5 min

well, time to go play L.S.D
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
goood thing i level up a lock recently :~)
Reply Quote
Tourney rules guys
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
maybe shadowcleave wont suck as hard

jk rekt by wls
Reply Quote
grokki, I always think your orc is wearing sunglasses.

it's p cool
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
grokki, I always think your orc is wearing sunglasses.

it's p cool

8)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Apparently the change wasn't meant to be implemented until next season, but now that it's 'accidentally' implemented, they're going to see how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Apparently the change wasn't meant to be implemented until next season, but now that it's 'accidentally' implemented, they're going to see how it goes.

that seems like a really weird way to do things...
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
I wounder how many changes they actually made this patch lol
Reply Quote
Community Manager
No need for alarm – we’ll be hotfixing Dampening back to a 10-minute start time (with Arena matches ending at 20 minutes).

As you might be aware, the WoW Arena Invitational at BlizzCon was configured to have Dampening begin at 5 minutes, with a 15-minute round timer. Those changes were intended solely for BlizzCon, but made it over to live servers as part of the 5.4.2 patch. Again, this was unintentional, and we’ll be hotfixing things back to normal ASAP.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Which would make me think there will be another season before WoD, if they were going to implement the change "next season". Seems too soon to have it lined up for something potentially almost a year down the track
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't mind them changing things, in fact I applaud it, but could they at least put their changes in the dang patch notes?

And post the finalized patch notes somewhere on their website? If I were just reading the front page and not playing the game, I would still think it was on PTR.

The mismanagement here is frankly embarrassing.
Reply Quote
Wow this is a huge change. Priest teams are going to suck big time lol. Druids are probably gonna struggle some as well now.

I see TSG possibly getting good as well as any melee based cleave.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Brb rerolling ele.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
No need for alarm – we’ll be hotfixing Dampening back to a 10-minute start time (with Arena matches ending at 20 minutes).

As you might be aware, the WoW Arena Invitational at BlizzCon was configured to have Dampening begin at 5 minutes, with a 15-minute round timer. Those changes were intended solely for BlizzCon, but made it over to live servers as part of the 5.4.2 patch. Again, this was unintentional, and we’ll be hotfixing things back to normal ASAP.

That is in stark contrast to what Holinka has said on twitter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Hey, maybe DKs wont suck as hard in 3's, now.

Maybe.

Edit:
12/10/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Surgery

Nevermind, back to afking in elwynn/doing 2's and the occasional 5's.
Edited by Fmlrootedx on 12/10/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
what about res pet interruptable through deterrence? that intentional too?

what about undocumented dismiss pet nerf that you "documented" via twitter instead of the patch notes

what else did you stick in that we don't know about yet?
Reply Quote

My dream of becoming the next Chanimals, ruined by a flaming kitty
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]