dismiss pet nerf?

100 Human Death Knight
Ah, a well needed nerf, now just fix the whole "warriors having 100% up time" and this game might just start being fun again :)
Community Manager
Just as an FYI - the hotfix to reduce Revive Pet's casting time to 2 seconds has been applied, but will need realm restarts to take effect. I'm working on finding out when those will be and will update as I can.
90 Human Warrior
Hi lore
90 Human Mage
but that doesnt make a difference to this direct nerf to pvp hunters lol
100 Orc Hunter
Any chance we can see Dismiss pet cooldown lowered then? It was raised for the sake of PVP and now PVP has fixed that in another way.

I have recently gotten extensive use out of dismiss pet in my Raid group. We lost our combat rezz so it falls to me to take up that job. And have learned first hand the pain of that longer dismiss pet and secondly the problems with the hunter pet battle rezz.

20 yard range is way too short. To top that off it seems the pet has to path to the target to case the rezz? Pet patching being as bad as it is this is really bad. Can this be made into a ranged rezz with an increased range? Even making it ranged might be enough though

SHUT UP PVE GUY!
100 Orc Hunter
could have just made RoS share a cooldown no matter which pet one has out.

This fix is kindof like pounding a nail in with a backhoe.

HULK SMASH HUNTERS!
Community Manager
Quick comment to clarify since I've seen this suggestion come up a lot:

12/12/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Massai

We'd considered doing something like that, but there's actually major technical hurdles with the way Dismiss Pet works that make it a much bigger task than it sounds. We'd have to make some pretty scary changes to the way pets work (in the underlying code, at least) to be able to implement a shared cooldown on pet abilities. We may end up revisiting the idea sometime in the future, but we simply did not have time for it in the 5.4.2 development cycle.
100 Orc Hunter
We'd considered doing something like that, but there's actually major technical hurdles with the way Dismiss Pet works that make it a much bigger task than it sounds. We'd have to make some pretty scary changes to the way pets work (in the underlying code, at least) to be able to implement a shared cooldown on pet abilities. We may end up revisiting the idea sometime in the future, but we simply did not have time for it in the 5.4.2 development cycle.

Why not just make the ability Hunter based then? I have always thought it seemed a little clunky with Master's call always being there and RoS only with cunning pet. I bind them similarly.

This change really seems pretty heavy handed, considering hunters are not exactly dominating arena ladders atm. Dont get me wrong, they are ok, but it seems like the majority of forum crying and ladder spots are devoted to mages and warriors.
Edited by Massai on 12/12/2013 12:30 PM PST
90 Human Hunter
I saw u complaining in vanguards chat when he was saying that hunters are fine.

making stuff up as a last resort i see

i was talking in his chat but i never complained about hunters rofl

if you read through my past posts in this thread you'd see i think hunters are still okay
Edited by Dankorii on 12/24/2013 6:42 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
Why not just make the ability Hunter based then

That would take the importance of having a hunter pet away.

but it seems like the majority of forum crying and ladder spots are devoted to mages and warriors.

You can't say the ladder is dominated by mages when hunters have about the same representation.
90 Orc Hunter

So apparently this change was needed so quickly as Hunters were soooooo good that they spent time on that instead of obvious fixes aka adjusting Warrior and Mage burst...
Lore but I feel the problem is still that hunters are so easily kill able. We wouldn't have needed to rotate sac if we had a wall or a viable cool down besides Deter. I love deter don't get me wrong but compared to a warriors D stance, Wall, Rally, Reflects, Banner, and Die by the sword hunters have very little defensive. Almost every class has some sort of Wall or abilities to keep them up besides there main defensive (Yes sac is kinda like that but considering it is only for crit's its not a full wall). And yes I also think Spriests and some other specs need some love in the defensive compartment as well. Why not just give hunters a Wall or something or make it so warriors can't changes stances, warlocks can't re summon pets or replace there port, mages can't change armors, DK's can't change presence. Those are technically all Gimmicks that each class does to play at a high level. You can't just take away hunters cool downs and be oblivious to other classes doing the exact same thing. Thanks for your time.

PS: I am not trying to say wow suck I love wow and probably will until it dies. I just don't understand why so harshly change a classes mechanics even if it wasn't supposed to be played like that in the first place. Thanks again for your time and patience with all the wow players.
100 Orc Hunter
12/12/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Venti
That would take the importance of having a hunter pet away.

Hardly. The pet would still have its family-specific CC or buff. And, even as marks or SV, the pet does a decent amount of damage. The pet still would have many uses.

You can't say the ladder is dominated by mages when hunters have about the same representation.

Fair enough, but that is why I said "seems" . One cannot deny that Mages and Warriors are very strong in arena right now. Representation on the ladder is a bad metric to use anyways. My apologies
100 Blood Elf Warlock
As a followup: we've got a hotfix in the works to lower Revive Pet's casting time to 2 seconds. Our goal was to remove the awkward gameplay of dismissing/swapping pets to bypass cooldowns and debuffs, not to make it harder for Hunters to have a pet active. With Revive at 2 seconds, you should have a much easier time getting your pet back on its feet.

We're also investigating the reports of Revive Pet being interruptible through Deterrence.

What about Warlocks? Our pets take 4 seconds to summon as well and we are at a significant disadvantage if our pet is killed in pvp or pve.
90 Orc Shaman

ofcourse, a billion dollar company that avoids doing ANYTHING which involves actual work. Blizzard is tarnishing their reputation by the DAY. All of this while warlocks swap their observer for voidtanks 3 times a match.

GG WoW
90 Troll Hunter
Any chance we can see Dismiss pet cooldown lowered then? It was raised for the sake of PVP and now PVP has fixed that in another way.

I have recently gotten extensive use out of dismiss pet in my Raid group. We lost our combat rezz so it falls to me to take up that job. And have learned first hand the pain of that longer dismiss pet and secondly the problems with the hunter pet battle rezz.

20 yard range is way too short. To top that off it seems the pet has to path to the target to case the rezz? Pet patching being as bad as it is this is really bad. Can this be made into a ranged rezz with an increased range? Even making it ranged might be enough though

SHUT UP PVE GUY!

NO?
90 Gnome Warrior
As a followup: we've got a hotfix in the works to lower Revive Pet's casting time to 2 seconds. Our goal was to remove the awkward gameplay of dismissing/swapping pets to bypass cooldowns and debuffs, not to make it harder for Hunters to have a pet active. With Revive at 2 seconds, you should have a much easier time getting your pet back on its feet.

We're also investigating the reports of Revive Pet being interruptible through Deterrence.

What about Warlocks? Our pets take 4 seconds to summon as well and we are at a significant disadvantage if our pet is killed in pvp or pve.

You can summon then back instantly at the cost of a shard, do you want to be locked to one pet and have only one instant summon per game at the cost of one of your defensive cds?
Edited by Rabbitpunch on 12/12/2013 2:54 PM PST
90 Undead Hunter
I shall execute a perfect "K" as the last post.

You shall all see.
90 Orc Hunter

So, the proper implementation requires a lot of work? So you're not going to do it. The poorer implementation requires less work. So that's what you implemented? If you don't have time to do it properly, !@#$ it we'll half %^- it. No wonder GC is the first rat fleeing this sinking ship.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]