Mounts Blocking Holiday Questgivers

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Priest
I'm starting to think that if the op can't control their temper, we should ignore them by default.

... and wait until they've got a hold of themselves.
90 Tauren Death Knight
they should set the NPCs up like the AH one are set up....where you cant stand on top of them to screw someone else up from talking to them
Community Manager
Grr! Yeah, some people can be jerks. Some people are just oblivious though, too. If you think someone is specifically and intentionally blocking an NPC in a malicious way, that is behavior specifically mentioned in our harassment policy, and something you can report that player for and we'll take a look.

An easy workaround though is enabling nameplates for friendly characters (default Shift+V) and then right click on the nameplate of the NPC you're wanting to interact with.
Edited by Bashiok on 12/16/2013 10:31 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
I was like that last year. And in the early years of WoW when the holiday was new and everyone still participated in it. And in early Wrath when mammoth piling was a thing. This isn't new, it's not because of CRZ and it's not the end of the world. Just use the interaction suggestions you've heard here or wait a bit for the excitement to die down.
Yeah, but that's not the point and you know it. Its about the rude behavior and the fact people purposely try to make things difficult for no reason other than to be posterior "hats"...
If everyone targets and interacts..the "fine individuals" will just move along because it is a waste if they are not screwing with anyone.

STOP BEING THE VICTIM!!!!
46 Worgen Warlock
Only people from CRZ have big mounts? Much QQ

Oh yes, always people from other servers are the problem.

I do wonder how the game is coded to auto-dismount you in most buildings, and whether that could be applied around mailboxes and popular NPCs.
90 Tauren Death Knight
Grr! Yeah, some people can be jerks. Some people are just oblivious though, too. If you think someone is specifically and intentionally blocking an NPC in a malicious way, that is behavior specifically mentioned in our harassment policy, and something you can report that player for and we'll take a look.

An easy workaround though is enabling nameplates for friendly characters (default Shift+V) and then right click on the nameplate of the NPC you're wanting to interact with.

i have reported it several times over the years but nothing gets done at all
90 Draenei Shaman
http://tinypic.com/r/28vy96p/5

It is incredibly annoying. =\
100 Orc Shaman
STOP BEING THE VICTIM!!!!

Some people find a way around obstacles.

Some people come to the forums and cry.
90 Tauren Death Knight

and btw not as easy as it sounds when you have all the OTHER nameplates as well....WOW good response tho
Community Manager

That just looks like it's popular. :) But yeah, like I said you can report a person if you think they're being malicious about it, or just do the Shift+V to enable friendly nameplates.
100 Orc Shaman

What is annoying in that screenshot? It looks like a picture of people in ironforge. People in Ironforge annoy you?
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Grr! Yeah, some people can be jerks. Some people are just oblivious though, too. If you think someone is specifically and intentionally blocking an NPC in a malicious way, that is behavior specifically mentioned in our [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/harassment-policy"]harassment policy[/url], and something you can report that player for and we'll take a look.

I defaulted my interact to 'alt-f4' and for some reason it just exits me out of the game... Prolly just some bug.
90 Draenei Shaman

That just looks like it's popular. :) But yeah, like I said you can report a person if you think they're being malicious about it, or just do the Shift+V to enable friendly nameplates.

It is popular. Which is good. Just not used to the CRZ's after being on a relatively quiet realm for so many years! Luckily I was able to get my quests ^_^ But, I was wondering (maybe I'm wrong), why is it that the horde christmas tree is in Orgrimmar where there is no cross realm and alliance isn't in Stormwind??
100 Orc Shaman
12/16/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Lostdknight

and btw not as easy as it sounds when you have all the OTHER nameplates as well....WOW good response tho

I play on one of the most populated servers. This issue happens pretty much daily. The truth of the matter is that despite it happening daily, it usually takes me in the order of 5 to 8 seconds to resolve - either by using this method, or just trying to get lucky with my mouse placement.

Five to eight seconds.

How long did it take you to complain on the forums about it?
100 Human Mage
I do wonder how the game is coded to auto-dismount you in most buildings, and whether that could be applied around mailboxes and popular NPCs.

that would be so annoying though, running through the city and being randomly dismounted if you get too close to a mailbox

might be better if you were auto dismounted after ____ seconds of not-moving/jumping while standing in very close proximity of a mailbox/questNPC
100 Night Elf Hunter
For me, it's not the fact that there's people standing on the quest-givers (I just /target then use my interact key as a workaround.)

For me, it's the fact there's a group of around 40 horde, give or take, literally camping the greench and AoE spamming the treats and metzen preventing any alliance from completing their daily. I don't mind some PvP action on a PvP server, but this is ridiculous.
90 Draenei Shaman

What is annoying in that screenshot? It looks like a picture of people in ironforge. People in Ironforge annoy you?

Maybe this one is a better view of everyone crowding all over the NPCs http://tinypic.com/r/j98pia/5
90 Night Elf Warrior
make it an auto dismount zone around npcs just like inside buildings, problem solved
Back as a Creature Handler in my Star Wars Galaxies days there was a command called /summon that would allow a Master Creature Handler move a large pet/mount from blocking a Terminal/Ticket Vendor by simply making the Mob walk to him. The greatest anti-troll command ever.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]