Starting a second account

90 Orc Warrior
For only $5 does anybody else see a benefit to it?

Is it fun, or rather does the game have a "fresh feel" to it at all?

Is there any point in buying Mists of Pandaria for the second account before level 85?

And most of all, is it worth $5?

I've been thinking about doing this for a while but I feel hesitant for some reason.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Multiboxing isn't for everyone. Some people have fun with it, some don't.

However, if you've never tried, with it as cheap as it is now, there is no reason not to give it a shot.

At best, you end up loving it and having more fun than usual... at worst, you pay $5 for something new to try. Either way, it's less than a McDonalds meal right now... so why not?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
It has benefits outside of typical multiboxing. You can have more than eleven characters on a single realm. That's the big one I think. Their others obviously, it just depends on what you're doing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
RaF incentives are the only reason I have more than one account =\
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I guess I must be insane, I have 3 accounts and I'm not a multiboxer lol
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight
You all make good points. I didn't know it was so inexpensive right now. Ty OP for this thread.
Now I've got something to look into. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I guess what I'm asking is if it's worth $5 to be able to have that "I'm really at level 1 feeling" aka

no heirlooms
no unlocked mounts/pets
etc
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If you're using the same battlenet for the second account you'll be able to use your heirlooms, everything will still be linked.

Edit: Also I'm fairly sure you can RAF yourself under the same battlenet if you want to.
Edited by Dragon on 12/13/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Heh. I have five active accounts. I regularly group two toons (right now I have two RAF pairs, one on each of my servers) to do things I don't want to do with one toon alone - and I can actually run three client instances if necessary, though lag is a problem at that point (satband.... SUCKS....)

For me, $5 is dirt cheap to try something like two-boxing, or just having more alts if you've already filled your allowed slots.
Reply Quote
66 Human Death Knight
There are only two reasons to have a multiple accounts. Multi-Boxing, and if you are such a severe altoholic that you have more than the 50 allotted characters.

Edit: Three reasons, the third is Refer a friend for the mounts pets and xp boost.
Edited by Deathknoob on 12/13/2013 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
There are only two reasons to have a multiple accounts. Multi-Boxing, and if you are such a severe altoholic that you have more than the 50 allotted characters.

Edit: Three reasons, the third is Refer a friend for the mounts pets and xp boost.

I'm a severe altoholic. *raises hand* But I do mbox some, running lowbies through instances for levels....
Reply Quote
If you're using the same battlenet for the second account you'll be able to use your heirlooms, everything will still be linked.

Edit: Also I'm fairly sure you can RAF yourself under the same battlenet if you want to.

You can. I have 3 accounts under the one Bnet account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]