Bronzebeard and Shandris Merging

90 Orc Hunter
As you probably know, Bronzebeard and Shandris are merging on Jan 3rd, 2014. This is directed at the Shandris folks as a welcome and fyi.

Glad to merge with you guys. Here is the "lowdown" on Bronzebeard (at least from my eyes and I have played/have main(s) on the server since 2007):

We are one of the original WoW servers, launched in Nov. 2004 (as was the game).

Alliance has always been the higher pop/more active side. I have leveled toons to endgame on both sides, but consider myself a hordie.

Both sides are very helpful and about as friendly as WoW can get (there are always a few bad apples!).

Many of our bigger/more active guilds packed up and moved to various (more active) servers as the WoW/game general population waned. Servers like Area 52 (pve) and Illidan (pvp) were popular choices for horde transfers. I am not sure where the alliance transferees migrated to.

There are a few guilds on each side that still run progression, though a few more on the alliance side than horde.

Some of the larger (or more active) guilds are:

Alliance: Daughters of the Alliance, Serenity Knights, Running with the Devil, Sleepless Knights, Maidens of the Dawn, Over Nine Thousand

Horde: Daughters of the Horde, The Imperium, Invasion, Adventure Fun Pals Team, Evil Dead, Straw Hat Pirates, CLUB DEAD

That is not an all-inclusive list, just the names of some of the more active guilds. I am the temporary/acting GM of Invasion (horde, our official GM is in the USAF and deployed so I am helping while he is gone) and we have been around Bronzebeard forever. There are other guilds probably worth mentioning, but I know the ones I listed are fairly stable.

Lots of the old guilds have become "perk guilds", as I am sure is true on Shandris. Nothing wrong with that, but I am hoping we help breathe a little life into each other. Our auction houses are moderately busy, though nothing like they used to be or like the bigger servers still are. Of course due to sheer numbers, the alliance AH is busier and better stocked. Like everywhere, the Booty Bay AH is pretty much dead and mostly used to transfer things from one side to the other.

Personally, I was hoping we'd get joined with a horde heavy guild to balance things out but que sera, sera. I am glad to have you guys either way and hope we help each other get back to better days and times gone-by.

Good hunting and I look forward to seeing you guys in-game!

Ogichidaa
Acting GM of Invasion
Bronzebeard

ps- Whisper me and mention this post if you are looking for a new horde lvl 25 guild home on Bronzebeard before the merger. I made a few toons on Shandris (horde), so I am open to guild invites from your realm! PST Larnot (Shandris) in-game if so.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Alliance: Daughters of the Alliance, Serenity Knights, Running with the Devil, Sleepless Knights, Maidens of the Dawn, Over Nine Thousand

Have you not been on Bronzebeard in the past 2 years?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Alliance: Daughters of the Alliance, Serenity Knights, Running with the Devil, Sleepless Knights, Maidens of the Dawn, Over Nine Thousand ... That is not an all-inclusive list, just the names of some of the more active guilds. There are other guilds probably worth mentioning, but I know the ones I listed are fairly stable.

Have you not been on Bronzebeard in the past 2 years?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bronzebeard/Daughters%20OfThe%20Alliance/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bronzebeard/Running%20With%20The%20Devil/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bronzebeard/Sleepless%20Knights/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bronzebeard/Maidens%20of%20the%20Dawn/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bronzebeard/Over%20Nine%20Thousand/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bronzebeard/Serenity%20Knights/

http://wow.realmpop.com/us-bronzebeard.html

As I stated and admit, I am a hordie (with only 1 endgame alliance toon on Bronzebeard). However, the above links support exactly what I said. The purpose of this post is not to recruit for any guild (not even mine). I merely wished to provide a helpful and somewhat informed opinion of our server to our Shandris brethren, from an insiders point of view. I am sure we can agree on that, regardless of our faction or guild allegiances. :D
Edited by Ogichidaa on 12/19/2013 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Both sides are very helpful and about as friendly as WoW can get
I have to agree with this! When I played alts off of BB, it was almost a culture shock with how distant/rude other servers can be.

(there are always a few bad apples!).
And you've already met one of Alli's loudest Trade Trolls already... Just about everyone has Toilet on ignore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
This Shandris warrior can't wait for tomorrow! Looking forward to new friends to chill with from BB.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
This Shandris warrior can't wait for tomorrow! Looking forward to new friends to chill with from BB.
Same from the BB side of things

My guild is dead in the water. Most of my friends have stopped playing. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some new peeps and finding a relaxed social/some raiding/family-ish guild to call home.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Toilet is harmless ^.^

And I'm excited too!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I cannot wait for tomorrow! See you all on the other side!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
hi Ogichidaa

I'm Elvrin, GM of Mafia from the Alliance side. I was just googling up to find out why there is no ingame message to say when our servers are being merged. Hopefully it still goes ahead today.

Mafia is territorial guild and we look after our own. Even though we aren't actively going to be recruiting once the server merges we welcome any casual raiders. I'm excited like many of you guys just to see more active players. I know many of our Guildees would love to see more pugs raids going on in trade rather then having to OQ it with strangers.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I've been on BB since launch. This realm needs the merge. It needs the sense of community, which it hasn't had in a while (even if it was a little crazy at times).

Welcome, folks!

- Poet/Elanniel
Edited by Poet on 1/3/2014 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Hi BB! What a totally lovely post to find as I looked into merging with you folks. We're excited too! Shandris is a lovely server (I played a lock beginning in 2005 and we moved with our hardcore raiding guild from Sentinels to Silvermoon and then finally to Shandris after the guild disbanded in 2010). Now I play mostly horde side, with one ally toon in the 70s on Shandris. We have a few progression guilds but are mostly perk guilds and could use some new folks to breathe community life into the horde side. As always there are a few trade trolls who are irritating, Oldenstein comes to mind. He's harmless but constant in trade.

Our guild, Bon Temps is a family friendly guild, run by a GM and her best friend and few other officers, such as myself. We are looking to reform a raiding team, but also enjoy playing together and being social in chat.

I hope this merge will result in a few guilds getting some new folks for good natured fun, perhaps the occasional world pvp all out battles like the old days (ah Sentinels with weekly Tarren Mills/Southshore wars and of course Crossroads)...

Welcome to the merge with Shan'dris!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Does anyone know when the realm connection will be done?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Welcome BB!

Anadier, they should be up now. It said 11AM PST.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
It's up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]