Frostmourne Replica (epic weapons)

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Hello, I just want to make sure that you all know that the once reputable company, Epic Weapons, no longer is a safe investment. I have been compiling reports after my on going battle with them, they take your money and do not give the product. I will start with my self. I bought their Frostmourne Replica back in August and was promised in 60-80 days. I was informed in late october that it would be at my house no later then Dec. 10th. On December 10. I called and they said it would ship that day. The next day no tracking numbers. Since Dec. 10th I have had contact at 3 times a week saying they will ship yet nothing happening. "Why not get a refund?" You may ask.
A second victim of this company did such thing. I contacted him and asked what happened about his money. He told me, "I had ordered in 2011 asked for a refund in 2012 and still havn't gotten my cash back."
I can continue on or you can go on their Facebook page and read some posts.

Thank you for reading.
Superleet aka Grastiars
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
myself included have been mixed up in this debacle (however mine was ordered in Feb)
with a ship date of April. deadlines come and another 60-90 day delay gets added, then monthly, then weekly. now they claim that they have shipped on Dec 10th but have provided no tracking number at all. any on the phone contact with a live person results in excuse after excuse and the latest, an "error" with tracking numbers.....

even after this FB post

" The very few remaining Frostmournes are nowl shipped out. Tracking numbers are either emailed or will be emailed. Like we said there were several reasons beyond our control that we had this severe delay. We never had a severe delay like this on any other product. We apologize again. Please enjoy your Frostmourne. Please email us for any additional questions at [email] because no more questions regarding the FR will be answered via Facebook any longer. Happy New Year to all."

any response after that on their FB page about others saying they havent been given a tracking number, or anything that further brings up the topic is subsequently deleted from the page

let this serve as a warning to others and as some tracking of sorts of how many may have ordered one that has or still hasnt arrived yet
90 Pandaren Monk
Um, i would think that you could take legal measures if they don't pay up.
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you paid with your credit card, contact your credit card issuer and they will go to bat for you.

A credit card company's bat trumps a plastic sword any day.
I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and the FL state attorney generals office.

This wasnt some cheap plastic sword its a real replica and with shipping was over $500.
90 Draenei Shaman
Honestly you want a sword made. Talk to a blacksmith IRL. They still exist. I know because I am one. And no I don't forge swords but there are ones that do.
that's really not the point i am trying to convey here, regardless of peoples personal opinions about Item A vs Item B some of us chose this item.

the fact of the matter is that a company whom was authorized use of a blizzard license is not fulfilling their obligation to the customer and should not be allowed use of these in the future. or be capable of taking advantage of other wow players behind the guise of an "official license"
and now you cannot even post things to their FB page
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and the FL state attorney generals office.

This wasn't some cheap plastic sword its a real replica and with shipping was over $500.

I checked the BBB site and haven't found any complaints registered.

http://www.bbb.org/search/?term=Epicweapons

I also did a google search and other than one guy posting on the battlenet forums about having his order hung up because of credit card verification issues, I haven't seen a history of issues with delivery. The place looks pretty legit.

I found this on their site.... have you made attempt to resolve this through an arbitrator as outlined below?

Resolution of Disputes:

If a dispute arises between you and EPICWEAPONS.COM , our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and EPICWEAPONS.COM agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.

Arbitration Option - For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.

Improperly Filed Claims - All claims you bring against EPICWEAPONS.COM must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section, EPICWEAPONS.COM may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1,000, provided that EPICWEAPONS.COM has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.

http://www.epicweapons.com/terms.php
Edited by Nymph on 12/27/2013 6:52 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This wasn't some cheap plastic sword its a real replica and with shipping was over $500.

I checked the BBB site and haven't found any complaints registered.

http://www.bbb.org/search/?term=Epicweapons

I also did a google search and other than one guy posting on the battlenet forums about having his order hung up because of credit card verification issues, I haven't seen a history of issues with delivery. The place looks pretty legit.

I found this on their site.... have you made attempt to resolve this through an arbitrator as outlined below?

Resolution of Disputes:

If a dispute arises between you and EPICWEAPONS.COM , our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and EPICWEAPONS.COM agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.

Arbitration Option - For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.

Improperly Filed Claims - All claims you bring against EPICWEAPONS.COM must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section, EPICWEAPONS.COM may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1,000, provided that EPICWEAPONS.COM has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.

http://www.epicweapons.com/terms.php

http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/swords/weaponmasterscom-in-melbourne-fl-3442633

Three complaints.
90 Night Elf Hunter
http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/swords/weaponmasterscom-in-melbourne-fl-3442633

Three complaints.

Gotcha. Thanks... my search didn't find those. I note that in the detailed log of the complaint thats presented (a slow delivery issue in 2013) the company said they were facing issues beyond their control and on numerous occasions offered the customer a full 100% refund, which he has declined.

In the above case, BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/swords/weaponmasterscom-in-melbourne-fl-3442633/complaints#sthash.JIZbcWSu.dpuf

So, for the OP and the other guy who had trouble, how about my questions regarding compliance with the company's stated Arbitration preference?

And what was the result of filing a complaint with your credit card company. In my experience, credit card companies have a lot of power to trigger a refund directly (bypassing any possible issues with the seller) and resolve issues like this.

So what happened with that?
Edited by Nymph on 12/27/2013 7:09 PM PST
the thing is, i want the product i paid for, not something that absolves them of their obligations

so yes i have looked into it and it does not satisfy the agreement or the constant pushing of deadlines that has caused this issue to go on for nearly a year

and the OP is correct about refunds, they go through a third party to cut checks to people and that has a lengthy timeline as well (again i want the product i ordered 11 months ago)

this is what i found on the BBB site
http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/swords/weaponmasterscom-in-melbourne-fl-3442633/complaints

another thing to note was all the correspondence on their FB page with numerous other customers whom haven't received their product, along historical posts on these forums that i have stumbled across int he past but now result in a 404error when i click the bookmarked pages

the stuff on FB has been getting deleted all day and now comments are disabled
calls on the phone result in either an excuse or "vague" information
emails sent to customer service are not being replied to
Nymph, first off thanks for looking into things its not going unnoticed or under appreciated

waiting close to a year for something promised just to get a refund, to me is not the answer

this is directly from the site as you quoted
" Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the help page"

when i call i get offered the refund which if course i decline due to how long i have waited
then another deadline is presented
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/27/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Kirkvader
the thing is, i want the product i paid for, not something that absolves them of their obligations

Seems to me they are being pretty clear that they don't have a product in hand to ship you, there is a queue, and if you don't want a refund, you are making the choice to simply wait.

I acknowledge you say you've heard that there have been delays for those who accepted the refund option, but thats not your personal experience - because you haven't filed for one. Until you, yourself have issues with a refund, I think its a little unfair to claim that is a reason you are stuck in limbo here. You are in limbo because you made a decision to wait.

I did check eBay, and found a number of Frostmourne replicas starting at $225. I know its not the one you had hoped for - but it is metal, it is Frostmourne and the feedbacks left for the sellers are not bad.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Movie-Video-Game-Weapons-/157009/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=frostmourne&_sop=16

Up to you, of course, but if it was me? I'd get my money back and maybe put down half on the eBay one and save the rest for the next thing I wanted.

Either way, wish you the best and good luck! :)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly you want a sword made. Talk to a blacksmith IRL. They still exist. I know because I am one. And no I don't forge swords but there are ones that do.

A blacksmith who doesn't forge sword!? Blasphemy.
That's pretty sweet though, is there a lot of money in that trade i'm wondering?
90 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Phome

That's pretty sweet though, is there a lot of money in that trade i'm wondering?
yes more than you would think. I make large scale forgings for earth moving equipment. Stuff for NASA and other various clients.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I do like the fact that Epic Weapon's response to any criticism on their Facebook page is to block the person complaining and silence discussion completely. To the point where I'm not able to post on their page now, yet they still want to message me outside of this and expect a reply.

Your negative comments are annoying the other customers that actually do like us for many others reasons. As a mater of fact since we disabled comments we had more fans. You constantly posting negative comments only aim at one thing. To cause negativity. We have posted an update and you continue posting nasty comments. Because of users like you that luck social media etiquette we have disabled comments. Social media should not be used for trashing purposes but for informational purposes only ...

If by Monday your sword is not mailed rest assure we will refund you ( by the way we have offered this option to all remaining Frostmourne customers on many occasions. ). Although I am a media admin only I still wish you a great evening

And then a few minutes later...

Please give us your order number so we can refund you.

For reference, their reply was posted to a user that was not me, then their commenting was completely disabled after other users replied with the same frustrations. My followup reply was the congratulate them for effectively silencing any further discussion since they couldn't handle it.

Then fun thing is since I have been blocked by their account I can't reply to them. So rather than waste the reply I'd prepared for them...

I have no interest in a refund. What I am interested in is a response to my recent inquiries as to why my order is still not sent after the latest 'delay'. I do not have one. I am yet to hear a reason for the delays either, other than 'issues' have been encountered. These 'issues' have been encountered since the original delays back in April. I have been told multiple times my order would be shipped by a certain date, the last one being the 10th of December. In all cases these dates have been and gone with more 'issues' coming up.

You also seem to confuse 'trashing' with a frustrated customer not receiving an answer via your customer support team. One avenue has failed, I have tried another. If I were to trash your brand I'd simply be posting unsubstantiated claims and constantly harassing you on unrelated matters.

As far as lacking social media etiquette, again, you seem to be a bit misguided here. Draconian moderation of your feed will serve to only inflame the issue. If you want to diffuse the situation, post some meaningful replies that address the concerns presented to you.

Fact of the matter is I am not - I, and others in exactly the same position are frustrated with your lack of customer service and the repeated broken promises and shipping dates. You seem to take customers for granted, particularly those who have waited nearly a year or more and are STILL waiting despite the multiple broken promises.

What you don't seem to understand is we've paid for a product and we want to see it shipped. If you have issues, fine - tell us what they are, communicate to us what the problems actually are and you may find more understanding than copy-pasting the same tripe we've been fed for months.

If I wanted a refund, I'd have asked for one months ago. At this point, I want communication and/or a shipped product.

So my challenge to you is to get the relevant information to your customers rather than trying to silence them. You'll find it's much more effective than what you're currently doing to attempt to diffuse a situation.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Venetiâ

yes more than you would think. I make large scale forgings for earth moving equipment. Stuff for NASA and other various clients.

Ah I see, always was an interest of mine, I didn't think of it being applied in those way. Sounds like a dream job! Good on you my man.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Exact same thing happened to myself. I ordered at as a Christmas Gift in August as well, received an email in October about the wait almost being over, contacted them multiple times all saying "Oh there's this error and this error" and now that I've requested a refund multiple times they have cut all contact with me. I'm considering taking them to small claims court. Has anyone had any luck with getting their money back? And to Nymph, saying it's not this person's "Personal experience" asking for a refund and not receiving one, that IS my personal experience. I've asked for a refund multiple times and they tell me that they've already shipped my product, and no, they haven't.

I know this isn't technically a "blue issue", I'd really like a Blizzard Rep. to comment on this as the company was supposedly associated with Blizzard, there's videos of Epic Weapons at Blizzcon talking with Bashiok, all of this added up to them being reputable to me, so I shot them my money.

I have since opened a case with the BBB and I'm hoping they're going to refund me finally, will update when I get an update myself.
Edited by Grewyn on 1/6/2014 1:36 PM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
Epicweapons.com are an absolute disgrace bottom of the barrel scamming company with whom Blizzard entertainment had once endorsed. What infuriates me the most is I was up against a battle with epicweapons.com almost 2 years ago which almost resulted in legal action against them.

Here are the facts.

They manufacture a product which blizzard have exclusive rights to but at the same time when they finally realized epicweapons were a scamming company blizzards own legal department refuse to answer or respond to questions when asked.

That company lied to me and withheld my money (almost $900 Aud including shipping) for almost 12 months failed 4 consecutive tea to deliver on an agreed date with the same outcry every time. Nothing arrives in the mail, they apologize make a new date then rinse and repeat with the customer never actually receiving the goods and they finally refund the money.

It is my firm belief that epicweapons merely use the service to fraudulently hold money so as to make interest on it but never intending to supply the advertised product which is essentially smoke and mirrors it's a product they no longer have available to sell and have not for many years. It's an illusion they do not not and will not deliver on promised international orders I've since spoken to dozens of international customers in the last 12 months that have been screwed by epicweapons.com.

Here is my original post made on the general forums almost 12 months ago that blizzard locked which yet again illustrates this company and their failure to accept liability or responsibility for a product they ultimately have exclusive rights to and actually advertised on behalf of the very company responsible for these frauds.

Here is the link to my previous thread.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8704801054

Also please excuse any spelling or typo's in this post I'm doing this on the tini screen oft iPhone while at work.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]