MPPM: Winter Reindeer

Community Manager
Yup, poor Metzen's at it again this year and gotten himself caught up in Greench-related shenanigans. Major Payne and Greatfather Winter want to see you capable tamers ensure he's released from his wintery prison so you can earn the chance to receive the Winter Reindeer as a pet.

Or, you could just see this as a means to get your hands on a couple other pets. ;)

Either way, it's a tiny reindeer and who doesn't like tiny reindeer?? If you've got this little guy, what do you think? And if you haven't yet, let's hear why you'd like one!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
He is very cute. Definitely is a strong healing pet, but the breed is poor.

Oh, and even though he is a critter and his passive quality is supposed to be:

Critters are immune to stun, root, and sleep effects.

He gets slept by sleeping gas. Critters like the Winter Reindeer have been getting slept by sleeping gas and moth dust for ages now. It is well known. Is anything going to be done about this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Adorbs.

Nice reminder to rename mine Metzen. After all these years, finally dawned on the significance of the quest reindeer's name. Thought it was just one of the 8~9 reindeer names, but he's actually Blitzen (should name one of the WoW reindeer Blizzen).
Edited by Vixie on 12/27/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Critters like the Winter Reindeer have been getting slept by sleeping gas and moth dust for ages now. It is well known. Is anything going to be done about this?

I've got my crack team of Pet Battles experts looking into this now. As an aside, while I was inquiring, I was informed that all sorts of CC abilities that have been acting wonky are also being worked on. They told me to tell you thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/20/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Crithto
Critters like the Winter Reindeer have been getting slept by sleeping gas and moth dust for ages now. It is well known. Is anything going to be done about this?

I've got my crack team of Pet Battles experts looking into this now. As an aside, while I was inquiring, I was informed that all sorts of CC abilities that have been acting wonky are also being worked on. They told me to tell you thanks for the heads up!

I believe in the spirit of the winter reindeer and the holiday season your avatar should be dressed up in a doggy xmas sweater.
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Eluane

I believe in the spirit of the winter reindeer and the holiday season your avatar should be dressed up in a doggy xmas sweater.

I want a winter sweater for my Perky Pug in game. It would also be adorable if his portrait would change seasonaly
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
Yup, poor Metzen's at it again this year and gotten himself caught up in Greench-related shenanigans. Major Payne and Greatfather Winter want to see you capable tamers ensure he's released from his wintery prison so you can earn the chance to receive the Winter Reindeer as a pet.

Or, you could just see this as a means to get your hands on a couple other pets. ;)

Either way, it's a tiny reindeer and who doesn't like tiny reindeer?? If you've got this little guy, what do you think? And if you haven't yet, let's hear why you'd like one!
'

I have all 9 reindeer, appropriately named and even favorites...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/20/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Crithto

Hah! I was wondering how my anything but subtle redirect of your thread would be taken and I thank you for your response. Many of the pet battlers have been wondering about this sort of thing for a long time with no acknowledgement. Much appreciated!

Now............as for 50% abilities like Demolish hitting at 70% rates and up..........this is unfair to the Winter Reindeer and I am certain the Winter Reindeer would be most grateful for only getting hit by Demolish at the correct rate! :)

Thanks again for the response.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Can we get our characters to show up on armory instead of tossing a reindeer in the game?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've already got my hands on this little guy, and I was extremely disappointed to see he can't fly next to the owner :(

Otherwise I love him! One of my favorite pets already.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Can we get our characters to show up on armory instead of tossing a reindeer in the game?

1. The reindeer was added several years ago.

2. The people who work on the game are not the same people who work on the Armory.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I never got meh reindeer, why? Why cruel world?

*cries*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/20/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Eluane

I firmly support this. A doggy xmas sweater and santa hat are ESSENTIAL beyond anything else that could be added, fixed, or tweaked.

#santapugsNOW
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yea cool, pets, do they die too? Do we resurrect them like players? Do pets simply black out?

When did graphics and play rankings take over gameplay quality (still, a bugged battle map)? When did story take back seat to PvP realms and slash command emotes?

Zelda or Pokemon? You have to pick your battles wisely in war. Craft it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know this is not the place, but after constantly reporting pet bugs in the right places for months, this is the very first time I have ever seen ANY response.

The ability Demolish is hitting at over 70%. It is supposed to hit at 50% and it is scaled for 50%. It is incredibly frustrating to lose to this broken ability. Every time I face an Anub Idol and get hit with Demolish several times in a row, frankly, I get angry. The players who are using this broken ability know it. It is human nature to cheat if no one will stop you.

Please let us know when Demolish and other 50% abilities that are hitting at 70% + ( like belly slide and cataclysm ) will get addressed. I promise you there are many in the pet community who are very upset over not just the broken ability, but moreso being ignored for months. It makes for crappy gameplay.
Reply Quote
I got it and it's pretty cute. I like how she mounts up when I do, I just wish she would actually fly her reindeer while I'm flying. Instead she disappears. Also, it's a girl. Is there a boy version and are these tradable?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]