Being Forced to carry people

90 Human Warrior
See, instead of blaming the shoddy off tank (which would've been gone by Boss 2 if he can't be bothered to tank Rook which requires standing there and attacking him), I would've blamed both tanks on that. I dare you to go into LFR and get Mind Controlled on Sha of Pride as a tank. You reallllllllllllly have to try.

Heck, I ever hardly get MC'ed on Flex or higher with an off tank missing a Wounded Pride, which builds Pride up at light speed.

I'm completely OK with blaming both of them for being inept, frankly. That Ret pally and I tanked all four bosses at one point in time or another that run.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not like I'm telling people this is why we wiped trying to fix it in LFR. It's my interpretation of what went down. I'd actually look up the fight before trying to fix a problem. Most of the time when I do that it's in T14/T15 LFRs which I know much better from doing them all on heroic.
Edited by Nixxia on 1/2/2014 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd really love to see how quick a lfr/flex/heroic group FAILS due to just autoattacking or w/e regardless of players ilvl. Hyperbole isn't helping your point, as many people have mentioned if you're so much more skilled than the vast majority ever think of helping them? No? Well next time don't complain about how everyone else is bad but you, educate them show them why they are bad/wrong and move about with your life.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't mind if I carry people. I do it a lot on my Druid.

Someone will always be carrying someone else regardless of what content it's in. (In my opinion atleast)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/02/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Alakazaam
I'd really love to see how quick a lfr/flex/heroic group FAILS due to just autoattacking or w/e regardless of players ilvl.

A heroic group will fail pretty quickly if the DPS is just auto-attacking. Enrage timers are pretty tight, especially coming out of normal modes without a ton of Heroic drops padding the DPS yet.

Someone will always be carrying someone else regardless of what content it's in. (In my opinion atleast)

In high end raiding everyone needs to contribute at utmost efficiency on progression fights. 1 death is the end of an attempt usually, at the 10 man level.
Edited by Berith on 1/2/2014 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Raid Finder currently struggles from a bit of a double identity. On one side of things, we want it to be a fun, low-stress environment for people who want to be able to experience new raids, but would rather not devote the necessary time from their week that joining a full-time raid team can often require. Something that you can just jump into, see the new bosses, and be done with in, say, an hour or so, without too much concern.

At the same time, however, Raid Finder has been trying to fill in as a form of endgame progression for a lot of players. There's a very real difference between the casual player who just wants to see the new stuff, and the raider who can't commit to a regular team but still wants some meaningful progression. Prior to Patch 5.4, Raid Finder was all that player really had, so we wanted to provide them as much gameplay as we could while still considering the needs of the "sightseer". Not exactly an easy task, and although we've been happy with what we've accomplished so far, we feel we can do better.

That's where Flexible Mode came in. We've been absolutely thrilled to see how well Flex has worked out, not just technically but also in how much the community has embraced it. We originally designed the feature focused on smaller or less hardcore guilds who maybe couldn't guarantee a full roster every time they wanted to raid, but we've been pleased to see that it's also been working extremely well for pick up groups (particularly through third-party services such as OpenRaid or oQueue).

In Warlords of Draenor, we're implementing a completely new Group Finder, which will allow players to find or create cross-realm groups for pretty much anything, including raids. We think that sort of environment -- finding an organized group, with a leader, and strategy, and possibly even using voice chat -- will be much more appealing and enjoyable for the player who craves an endgame raiding experience but can't find a team that fits their schedule. Plus, having an easy-to-use in-game Group Finder will, we believe, make finding such a group just as easy as queueing for Raid Finder (or easier, if you often find yourself in Raid Finder groups you'd rather not be a part of).

That, in turn, will allow us to take another look at Raid Finder and how exactly it should be tuned. I don't have any specifics to share (we simply aren't at that point in development yet), but our hope is that we'll be able to better provide for both the "busy raider" and "sightseer" styles of gameplay as a result.

In summary: if you're looking for meaningful endgame raid experience, we'd like you to do Flex, and we want to make it easier for you to do that. If you'd just like to see new stuff (or even just take a laid-back approach to raiding), we'd like you to use Raid Finder, and we want to make sure that's fun for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Not touristy enough apparently considering a well run flex run takes half the time of the usual lfr wing in my experience.

Flex is about the same difficulty as LFR (it's a little harder), but brings organization, more geared players, and likely a higher degree of competence to the table. It should be faster than LFR given how things sit.

01/02/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Lore
That's where Flexible Mode came in. We've been absolutely thrilled to see how well Flex has worked out, not just technically but also in how much the community has embraced it.

It is probably the best addition to this game in the last several years.
Edited by Nixxia on 1/2/2014 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Raid Finder currently struggles from a bit of a double identity. On one side of things, we want it to be a fun, low-stress environment for people who want to be able to experience new raids, but would rather not devote the necessary time from their week that joining a full-time raid team can often require. Something that you can just jump into, see the new bosses, and be done with in, say, an hour or so, without too much concern.

At the same time, however, Raid Finder has been trying to fill in as a form of endgame progression for a lot of players. There's a very real difference between the casual player who just wants to see the new stuff, and the raider who can't commit to a regular team but still wants some meaningful progression. Prior to Patch 5.4, Raid Finder was all that player really had, so we wanted to provide them as much gameplay as we could while still considering the needs of the "sightseer". Not exactly an easy task, and although we've been happy with what we've accomplished so far, we feel we can do better.

That's where Flexible Mode came in. We've been absolutely thrilled to see how well Flex has worked out, not just technically but also in how much the community has embraced it. We originally designed the feature focused on smaller or less hardcore guilds who maybe couldn't guarantee a full roster every time they wanted to raid, but we've been pleased to see that it's also been working extremely well for pick up groups (particularly through third-party services such as OpenRaid or oQueue).

In Warlords of Draenor, we're implementing a completely new Group Finder, which will allow players to find or create cross-realm groups for pretty much anything, including raids. We think that sort of environment -- finding an organized group, with a leader, and strategy, and possibly even using voice chat -- will be much more appealing and enjoyable for the player who craves an endgame raiding experience but can't find a team that fits their schedule. Plus, having an easy-to-use in-game Group Finder will, we believe, make finding such a group just as easy as queueing for Raid Finder (or easier, if you often find yourself in Raid Finder groups you'd rather not be a part of).

That, in turn, will allow us to take another look at Raid Finder and how exactly it should be tuned. I don't have any specifics to share (we simply aren't at that point in development yet), but our hope is that we'll be able to better provide for both the "busy raider" and "sightseer" styles of gameplay as a result.

In summary: if you're looking for meaningful endgame raid experience, we'd like you to do Flex, and we want to make it easier for you to do that. If you'd just like to see new stuff (or even just take a laid-back approach to raiding), we'd like you to use Raid Finder, and we want to make sure that's fun for you.

....I can't be freaking mad at you. You could post the worst news ever but your icon is so dang cute
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm trying to say it's ironic how the mode that's toted as being the most casual(LFR) isn't actually as casual as it appears when referring to time spent compared to alternatives.

Well, that may be true.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Why is the OP downvoted? I agree with his sentiments.

LFR is a horrible necessity to those whose highest level of raid interest is Flex, such as myself. If you don't do it, you're cutting your own legs off.

I hate carrying lazy AFK'ers who contribute nothing. It's not right that they should get the same rewards I do when they do nothing to earn it.

It's one thing to be inexperienced or undergeared (which can't happen due to ilvl requirements). It's another entirely to leech off other people because you're too worthless to carry your own weight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Awesome feedback, Lore!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Maybe it would be a better to try and find an end-game mode for players who don't want to raid? Why try and pigeon-hole every warm body into the idea of large-group end game?

Choices would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Awesome! \o/

Flex is basically the best thing ever.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
If LFR and Flex shared a lockout, then people capable of doing flex wouldn't feel any need to do LFR...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
So don't do lfr.

/thread

We have forums to discuss things not say "Don't do it" If someone has a problem with something.

You may as well have not even posted.

I agree.
OP should never have posted.
Don't like LFR? Don't do it. Simple.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]