Is WoW Dead?

I have recently started playing again (stopped after I downed lich king in WotLK) and have noticed that it seems kind of desolate while leveling a new character. I am on a medium sized pvp server (Vashj) and am wondering if it is alot more active and happening when you hit level 90? I may just have my Wrath Goggles on when the game was really alive, but I feel like the game is on a huge decline. Or, is it just the holidays and people aren't playing? Any input is appreciated!
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Go to ironforge and see for yourself.

EDIT: And yes it's the holidays and most people are probably not leveling atm.
Edited by Cabal on 12/25/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
July is recent?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Yes. All those people you see ingame aren't actually players, they're NPCs. WoW is clearly dead.

>_>
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Its dying like the rest of us.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Given all these posts, I can say that this is clearly an Alliance-only issue. Consider switching to Stormrage Realm if you want to see Alliance everywhere. MoonGuard is pretty fun, too. BoA can be mailed cross-realm now, so keep that in mind!
Edited by Dreadbutt on 12/25/2013 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Only play on high pop realms. Like seriously... A 20 minute queue once in a blue moon is worth it because you actually have people to play with.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Wow has more active subs than any other game on the market, so no.
Reply Quote
47 Worgen Hunter
The next closest is FF14 at 1.5-2 million.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I love when people say the game is dead yet WoW is STILL the biggest MMORPG on the market, if not one of the top games in general to even exist (next to league of losers).

No, it's not dead. You might want to reroll on a new server if population is a huge factor in your gameplay experience.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
12/25/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Guennivere

They're doing better than I expected.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Reroll on a High Pop or one of the connected Realms. My server is connected and I've never seen the cities so packed before.
I have recently started playing again (stopped after I downed lich king in WotLK) and have noticed that it seems kind of desolate while leveling a new character. I am on a medium sized pvp server (Vashj) and am wondering if it is alot more active and happening when you hit level 90? I may just have my Wrath Goggles on when the game was really alive, but I feel like the game is on a huge decline. Or, is it just the holidays and people aren't playing? Any input is appreciated!

It's the end of the expansion and it's also the holidays. Things slow down a lot. This happens with every expansion, and everyone acts like it's never happened before and the game is dying.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
12/25/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Averax

It's not a bad game. And the Devs doing the exact opposite of what the players want probably helps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Seems desolate? No matter what server I make an alt on, questing is a royal pain in the !@# thanks to CRZ.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
There's been quite a population migration on PvP servers that's happened over some years. It turns out people prefer to play on super lopsided PvP servers where their chances of getting ganked are relatively small due to faction advantage. So not instead of mostly medium population servers, PvP servers in particular are either completely overcrowded and totally unbalanced, or nearly dead and probably also unbalanced.

There are in the process of connecting some of the lowest population realms to help with the realm population issues, but what you see now is due at least as much to population migration as population loss.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

It's not a bad game. And the Devs doing the exact opposite of what the players want probably helps.

They've learned..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/25/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Dulcy

It's the end of the expansion and it's also the holidays. Things slow down a lot. This happens with every expansion, and everyone acts like it's never happened before and the game is dying.
There's also been an increasing amount of competitors since the peak during Wrath but still not any good enough that wow is going to die any time soon. Espcially if they just copy the same exact thing wow had been doing like TOR did when it first came out.

Other then the Voice acting and class story lines those where nice. But not enough to make me keep playing it after I leveled one of each class especially after they started only putting good looking gear in the cartel market.
Edited by Howlington on 12/25/2013 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
a
Edited by Unclemerv on 8/11/2014 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Because all people do is sit in major cities queueing for dungeons/bgs and anyone that is out in the world are up in the air…
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]