Somebody please help me understand

85 Undead Warlock
So i am a avid warlock, my first toon and will always be that way, but as im readin over the patch notes for tom. all i can see is a nerf that is out of this world. not just one of our spells but just about all of em that a warlock uses in any rotation. we got a different imp SF which i am pretty excited about but wow havin to give up all of our other spells for it is just crazy to me. please somebody help me understand their game plan with this.
Reply Quote
Its my belief that Blizzard's philosophy of nerfs/buffs can be described thusly:

Buff softly, but carry a big ass nerf bat.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
wow it all makes sense now
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I found an awesome vid that will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvwVoLtqVI
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
If you don't already know that this nerf is completely justified, then you haven't spent much of any time raiding in the last month or so, or you just forgot to pay attention to how ridiculously OP you were compared to every other DPS class.

Or... you tried to raid affliction. Which would have been fairly amusing.

Anyway, I would say that 12% is completely justified. Should put us back to about the same level as other DPS. Cept maybe for mages... I have a feeling that they are going to be about as OP as we used to be.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that things are always whacked out when they implement the new talents/systems for an expansion, because they are currently balancing the classes at 85 with a whole different gear level. In other words, "we" (as 80's), until cata, are not the target for balancing, and our damage relative to other classes may or may not reflect much of anything about the game at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
If you don't already know that this nerf is completely justified, then you haven't spent much of any time raiding in the last month or so, or you just forgot to pay attention to how ridiculously OP you were compared to every other DPS class.

Or... you tried to raid affliction. Which would have been fairly amusing.

Anyway, I would say that 12% is completely justified. Should put us back to about the same level as other DPS. Cept maybe for mages... I have a feeling that they are going to be about as OP as we used to be.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that things are always whacked out when they implement the new talents/systems for an expansion, because they are currently balancing the classes at 85 with a whole different gear level. In other words, "we" (as 80's), until cata, are not the target for balancing, and our damage relative to other classes may or may not reflect much of anything about the game at 85.

I am going to assume your just talking about since 4.0 because prior to this we were not an off balanced class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]