Take a hint from spriest mastery buff.

90 Orc Warlock
So mastery is the armor pen of wrath for ret, its a dps gain, but the worst that you can find on your gear, and with haste/crit being close to equal it really stinks.

So why not do the same thing for ret that shadow priests will be getting tomorrow, where after they use their shadow orbs they get a buff that increases periodic shadow damage?

Ret could use the same thing except increase holy damage instead, or increase the proc chance for holy power.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
the old ret mastery was holy damage, the current one is HP

what are you purposing???
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

I am proposing that the mastery stays the same, a % chance to proc a free 3 HP, however when you use that proc you gain x% holy damage done, or x% extra chance to proc HP from divine purpose.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

I am proposing that the mastery stays the same, a % chance to proc a free 3 HP, however when you use that proc you gain x% holy damage done, or x% extra chance to proc HP from divine purpose.

I think the majority of the ret community would settle for a non-bugged mastery and a useful gap closer. No more drastic changes without fixing what's already broken.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

I think the majority of the ret community would settle for a non-bugged mastery and a useful gap closer. No more drastic changes without fixing what's already broken.

but it works on all other servers except live isn't that good enough?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret does not want nor need an RNG resource system. Divine Purpose and our mastery are both awful and need to be massively overhauled to purge the RNG from them.

RNG is not bad. Art of War, for example, is a perfect example of RNG. All it does is add some spice to a rotation, breaks things up, forces the paladin to make a snap decision for best performance.

DP and HoL are both examples of terrible RNG. Our resources, which we need to function at a basic level, is utterly dependent on a random number generator.
A million suggestions have already been posted and discussed to death on literally every forum that has at least two ret paladins.
Reply Quote
Ret does not want nor need an RNG resource system. Divine Purpose and our mastery are both awful and need to be massively overhauled to purge the RNG from them.

RNG is not bad. Art of War, for example, is a perfect example of RNG. All it does is add some spice to a rotation, breaks things up, forces the paladin to make a snap decision for best performance.

DP and HoL are both examples of terrible RNG. Our resources, which we need to function at a basic level, is utterly dependent on a random number generator.
A million suggestions have already been posted and discussed to death on literally every forum that has at least two ret paladins.

And I've been at least one of the Rets :D But it seems no one at Blizzard has been listening.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
oh if i had a penny for everytime a mastery proc symbol came up, and i was spamming TV with 0 holy power and it didn't work.

Horay bugs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]