Warlords of Draenor : Class Changes

(Locked)

90 Goblin Warlock
Here are some changes to the class that I thought of that could help developers for our class.
Developers usually look around the class forums during expansion times to see what we want and here is what I feel we need. Im going to break it down with all three specs.

Affliction
    [1] Remove Malefic Grasp and make Shadow Bolt / Drain Life our filler again.
    Create a Glyph of Malefic Grasp turning our Drain life to have the same visual as malefic grasp.
    [2] Return Haunt to the way it worked in cataclysm and remove the soul shard requirement. Instead, have soul burn modify it.
    [3] REMOVE SOUL BURN: SOUL SWAP. Please, it's unbalanced and this is the reason for most of the MoP Drama in the first place.
    [4] Make Unstable Affliction Cleave whenever it ticks. It's unstable! So if it cleaved it would make sense.
    [5] Give us back Soul Harvest. It was a spell every warlock had to love. It generated shards and healed us.
    [6] Curses are cool, but they feel a bit clunky. Having to always apply Curse of The Elements in pve is annoying. Just make it a passive aura.

Demonology
[1] At lower levels shadow bolt has a 1 second cooldown, which turns into 2.3 seconds at 90. This causes caster form to feel very clunky.
[2] Bring back the old Demonic Leap, and create a glyph for our current one.
[3] Metamorphosis , In my opinion should become a stance like shadow form. The new 100 talent that causes touch of chaos to generate fury should be baseline. Make a minor glyph that turns the meta stance to the dark apoth wings. Dark apoth was false hope for warlock tanks anyways.

Destruction
[1] Honestly, Destruction is amazing this expansion but alot of people still miss old aspects.

Talents
Tier 15 - This in my opinion is a good tier.
Tier 30 - Demonic Breath should become baseline, and replaced. It doesn't compete
with the others.
Tier 45 - This also seems to be a good tier.
Tier 60 - Alot of people have problems with burning rush in PvP. Other than that, its pretty good also.
Tier 75 - Grimoire of supremacy was a good idea, but too many people missed their felhunter. Make this glyph increase our base pets damage and create a glyph for the new pets, or create an item that changes our current pets.

Grimoire of Service - It's not really an interesting choice. Most people choose it because they either like their old pet, or use it when their demonology for the extra spin.

Grimoire of sacrifice is good.
Tier 90 - It's good, but Kil'jaedans cunning should become baseline and replaced.

Of course most of these are what I want, so you can leave your opinion on what you want.
What do you want for warlocks in Warlords of Draenor? Whats your opinion on these changes?
100 Human Warlock
Curses are cool, but they feel a bit clunky. Having to always apply Curse of The Elements in pve is annoying. Just make it a passive aura.
Oh heck no. I like having a limit on which curse I put on the target. If I could put them all up, it would get nerfed so fast.

REMOVE SOUL BURN: SOUL SWAP
How will we multi dot? The only reason we could before they patched it was because of Glyph of Everlasting Affliction.

Tier 30 - Demonic Breath should become baseline, and replaced. It doesn't compete
with the others.
remove it from the game

Tier 90 - It's good, but Kil'jaedans cunning should become baseline and replaced.
no. Mannoroth's Fury is utter garbage.
90 Undead Warlock
Create a Glyph of Malefic Grasp turning our Drain life to have the same visual as malefic grasp.
[2] Return Haunt to the way it worked in cataclysm and remove the soul shard requirement. Instead, have soul burn modify it.
[3] REMOVE SOUL BURN: SOUL SWAP. Please, it's unbalanced and this is the reason for most of the MoP Drama in the first place.

This

[4] Make Unstable Affliction Cleave whenever it ticks. It's unstable! So if it cleaved it would make sense.
[5] Give us back Soul Harvest. It was a spell every warlock had to love. It generated shards and healed us.
[6] Curses are cool, but they feel a bit clunky. Having to always apply Curse of The Elements in pve is annoying. Just make it a passive aura.

Not this
90 Goblin Warlock

REMOVE SOUL BURN: SOUL SWAP
How will we multi dot? The only reason we could before they patched it was because of Glyph of Everlasting Affliction.

Have you played a warlock before Mists of Pandaria? The response you made makes it sound like you just created a warlock.
100 Human Warlock
Have you played a warlock before Mists of Pandaria? The response you made makes it sound like you just created a warlock.
The game has changed man. If we didn't have a way to multi dot faster then we wouldn't be able to compete with the other DPS. I played in BC.
90 Night Elf Priest

Affliction
[ul][1] Remove Malefic Grasp and make Shadow Bolt / Drain Life our filler again.

Am I the only one who -likes- MG? It makes sense both mechanically and thematically for affliction.
100 Human Warlock

Terrible idea. Drain life, maybe...But shadow bolt IS NOT going to ever be added back to affliction. It simply wont. It doesnt fit the specs theme and is slow and awkward. The spec is about DoTs and channels, not spammable bolts

To be fair, i didnt play in cataclysm, so i dont know what it was like. I would like to see soul burn affect haunt somehow, though.

SB:SS was never the problem. Trinkets procs doubling or more our spell power (or 100% crit) for extended periods with snapshots is the problem. That would exist even without SB:SS, but they are removing snapshotting in WoD anyway.

Maybe if it was a glyph that reduced its single target damage if it was hitting more than one target.
No opinion.

an aura, maybe not. A debuff from certain attacks (haunt, chaos bolt and soulfire maybe?) Either way, its 1 gcd every 5 minutes, not much of an issue.

Demonology
[1] At lower levels shadow bolt has a 1 second cooldown, which turns into 2.3 seconds at 90. This causes caster form to feel very clunky.
do you mean cast time, not cooldown? If so, i agree. The cast time for shadow bolt does feel a bit too long. Incinerate for destro seems like a decent balance of cast time for damage, maybe SB should be more inline with that.
No strong opinion here, I dont mind the current demonic leap but i dont know what the old one was. But, however, I would like to see it be a bit more like warrior heroic leap.
[3] Metamorphosis , In my opinion should become a stance like shadow form. The new 100 talent that causes touch of chaos to generate fury should be baseline. Make a minor glyph that turns the meta stance to the dark apoth wings. Dark apoth was false hope for warlock tanks anyways.

It doesnt need to be a stance like shadowform. Right now its a highly controlable damage cooldown and i like that. Turning it into an ever-lasting stance would not be a good way to go for the flavor of the spec.
Dark apotheosis was a mean trick. I for a long time held on to a hope for warlock tanking, and it was one thing i saw on the beta that made me want to play a warlock. Has its uses, though (tanking rdfs if tank is bad for example, and i used to use it in troves of the thunder king)

Destruction
[1] Honestly, Destruction is amazing this expansion but alot of people still miss old aspects.

Agreed. I like destro right now. I would like to see RoF back to how it was in 5.3 though. Putting in extra effort/a bit tedious for extra dps seemed like a good trade and didnt make us OP. I would like to see some more spec-specific procs (Eg, a proc to let us shadowburn at any hp. If below 20% the proc makes shadowburn free)

Talents
Tier 15 - This in my opinion is a good tier.
Its decent. AoE harvest was better than the single target buff though.
with the others.
I agree.
Tier 45 - This also seems to be a good tier.
I agree
Tier 60 - Alot of people have problems with burning rush in PvP. Other than that, its pretty good also.
I dont think burning rush is much of a problem in pvp, seeing as it does drain hp. Also, blood horror seems pretty weak compared to the alternatives.
Tier 75 - Grimoire of supremacy was a good idea, but too many people missed their felhunter. Make this glyph increase our base pets damage and create a glyph for the new pets, or create an item that changes our current pets.

Grimoire of Service - It's not really an interesting choice. Most people choose it because they either like their old pet, or use it when their demonology for the extra spin.

Grimoire of sacrifice is good.
I rarely see people too upset about no felhaunter, although i agree a glyph for old models is nice. Service has uses on certain fights. If there is a major burn phase then an extra pet will be more valuable for that phase than a bit higher dps overall, or if you need two interrupts(felhunter) or an extra dispell(imp) at some point. A niche talent, for sure. But not needing too much of a change.
Sacrifice I like. I just wish they would stop nerfing it every patch (although i guess they need to, to keep it inline).

AD is nice and good how it is. KJC was nice back in 5.3, but its not too bad now- i prefer the 5.3 version though. MF was better in 5.3 also. double damage on rof doesnt mean much, especially on a min CD, because of how little it does anyway. I like a huge radius on my aoes but it wasnt game breaking because it didnt make them hit any harder.
Edited by Voidrith on 12/29/2013 3:06 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
imo, KJC and just about every other free mobility handout in the game should be removed.

Bad, outdated idea that isn't good for WoW's development. Movement is becoming staple in the mmorpg market. People are tired and bored of sitting in place and hitting a button.
Edited by Digitalimage on 12/29/2013 3:27 PM PST
100 Human Warlock
Terrible idea. Drain life, maybe...But shadow bolt IS NOT going to ever be added back to affliction. It simply wont. It doesnt fit the specs theme and is slow and awkward. The spec is about DoTs and channels, not spammable bolts
The spec was about spammable bolts and procs for a long time. Now it is about spammable MG and no procs.
92 Undead Warlock

No strong opinion here, I dont mind the current demonic leap but i dont know what the old one was. But, however, I would like to see it be a bit more like warrior heroic leap.

Exactly like what old demonic leap was, except old demonic leap had better effects than the current on and better effects than heroic leap.
Oh and yeah, and it stunned everyone close by (awesome AOE).
Tried looking for videos of it but they all look like garbage.
This one's decent: watch?v=Q4-kWM7_YOE
90 Undead Warlock

Meh, a filler is a filler. I miss the little extra burst a nightfall proc added. However, if I want something returned to the way it was before? Eradication.

Cata? Psh... Wotlk. I miss the old Haunt. I also loathe the resource system. However, a middle-ground compromise would be best: bring back Siphon Life as a dot for Affliction, leave everything else as it is.

You're right. SB:SS lowered the skill floor of Affliction. In fact, I find it inherently frustrating the progression Blizzard took with SS. First the glyph gave you a swap without removing dots, no CD. Then they added a 10sec CD. Then a 30s CD. All for PvE balance, all because multi-dotting was too powerful and easy. Then? MoP drops and we get SB:SS along with the chance to cast Haunt on multiple targets. Seems almost schizoid to me.

What? Silly idea :)

You mean the purple evocate? No thanks. I played a lock for 3 years before that garbage was added. How much did I hate it? Enough to wish I had to manage 50+ soul shards in my bags.

You can't remember to apply a debuff once every 5 minutes?

Destruction

No, no one misses the old aspects. Unless of course you mean Chaos Bolt's DPET being barely higher than Incinerate?

with the others.

Of course. But make it a 70% snare just for lols :)
90 Orc Warlock
Demonology has something similar called Cursed Auras. Try it out some time.

Cursed Auras needs improving, the range is tiny, and there's a rather large delay between moving in range of a target, and the aura actually applying. It makes it really awkward.

Also the duration of Cursed Aura of the Elements is 2 minutes, so you end up needing to reapply it during a fight of any significant duration, and it costs 150 Fury to do so.

Cursed Auras could be a really good solution to the awkwardness of curses, but it isn't completely there.
100 Undead Warlock

MG was a step in the right direction in regards to interesting fillers, but making it a dot throttle was not. A combination of MG / DL would be nice, however.

No, it was because of dot snapshotting. I would imagine that our dots would be stronger without it, but whatever. I don't think it will be removed.

It would be nice, but I think the 'Unstable' in "Unstable Affliction" refers to the damage and silence it causes when its dispelled off of a player.

Not having to wait a minute for shards when zoning into raids would be really nice. As a passive it feels so meh

lolwut
[3] Metamorphosis , In my opinion should become a stance like shadow form. The new 100 talent that causes touch of chaos to generate fury should be baseline.

It would be nice if Meta was a perma stance like shadowform, but the demo rotation would become too boring if it was balanced around such an aspect. I currently like how engaging it is right now.

It was only really good at the end of this expac because of nerfs to other specs and buffs it received in kind...Beyond that its niche were cleave / add fights.
Tier 30 - Demonic Breath should become baseline, and replaced. It doesn't compete with the others.

It really is a terrible talent and should be replaced with something that isn't worthless.
90 Undead Warlock
I disagree with a lot of what you say.
90 Undead Warlock
12/31/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Haunter
I disagree with a lot of what you say.

you've had the same transmog all expansion

how do you do it dude

To be honest, I don't play this Lock much. I have two lvl 90 Locks, and the other is my main.
90 Troll Warlock
I don't understand how you even remotely think any of these ideas are good at all, Destruction is the one that needs reworked to not feel like doing dishes when I play it. Remove malefic grasp? Do you even lock? You're asking them to go back to the old cata for the fun specs and keep the boring spec the same? This is why you aren't a developer to be honest, no offense.
90 Undead Warlock
Affliction is fine for the most part.

I would change up the AoE rotation and the way that SoC works.

Would also make it so that a Soul Burnt Drain Life would become the old Harvest Life (AoE DL)

Also, I would add a Glyph that swaps MG over to either the Fire or Chaos School so that Afflic is not so heavily penalized for a Shadow Lockout.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]