Readiness making a comeback in WoD

90 Human Hunter
Hey just saw this tweet pulled from mmo-champ:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BendakWoW/status/409912436347531264

This is the first mention of readiness I've seen in a long time and earned a response. Does this mean readiness will make a return to hunters in WoD?

Anyone confirm or deny? And thoughts on if it did come back? I for one miss my double beastial wrath:)
Edited by ßóss on 12/31/2013 4:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
First of all, I have to say that I really hope Readiness is gone for good. It adds nothing but an extra button and complication to our opener. It means our signature shots are intentionally tuned to do less damage because of the availability of doubling them up for a kill. It means that the cooldown on our defensives will be adjusted under the assumption that we can, but might not, use them twice.

Next, Bendak is Wow Insider's Hunter columnist, so either he is asking a loaded question (and Celestion is playing along) or he is privy to a friends and family alpha or early beta build (and Readiness is a skill in that build).
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
No.

Just..

No.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Mage
Surely this is referring to the new cooldown-decreasing stat "readiness", not the removed hunter ability.

Essentially, the effect of Assurance of Consequence is becoming one of the new secondary stats that can occur on gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
New stats to stack, bleh.

At least it's not armor pen, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
A new stat? Why don't they just roll it into haste like how it works with ret pallies.

Take away stats, add a new one. Gg blizz
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
A new stat? Why don't they just roll it into haste like how it works with ret pallies.

Take away stats, add a new one. Gg blizz

They're adding tertiary stats to gear to make farm kills more interesting/to increase the longevity of a tier. Basically, this new Readiness and the other tertiary stats have only a small chance to appear on any gear dropped by a boss, so there will almost always be an upgrade available.

They're trying to eliminate hard and fast BiS lists with the tertiary stats. Assume for a minute that Crit and Haste are our best stats going into the first tier of Warlords, and your first piece of new loot has Crit and Haste on it. A few bosses later, loot for the same slot drops, but has Mastery, Haste, and one or more of the tertiary stats on it. It's most likely going to be the case that the piece with the tertiary stats and worse secondary stats is better for you. Additionally, you might always get another piece with Crit, Haste, and some tertiary stats.

See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357#1 for more information.
Edited by Adarant on 12/31/2013 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
12/31/2013 04:45 AMPosted by Adarant
First of all, I have to say that I really hope Readiness is gone for good.

Readiness is just a performance crutch. You guys do not need that. Hunters are fine right now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Readiness is just a performance crutch. You guys do not need that. Hunters are fine right now.

Why did you quote him when he just said exactly what you just did. Your post served no purpose and added nothing to the conversation.

Also, have you played a Hunter lately. The class is a muddled mess of mechanics that in some cases work against each other.

First of all, I have to say that I really hope Readiness is gone for good. It adds nothing but an extra button and complication to our opener. It means our signature shots are intentionally tuned to do less damage because of the availability of doubling them up for a kill. It means that the cooldown on our defensives will be adjusted under the assumption that we can, but might not, use them twice.

Agreed. Readiness in it's MoP form died a slow painful death to which it didn't deserve. It was no longer needed when they went into MoP and should have been one of the first things they got rid of when balancing Hunters at the start.

They're adding tertiary stats to gear to make farm kills more interesting/to increase the longevity of a tier. Basically, this new Readiness and the other tertiary stats have only a small chance to appear on any gear dropped by a boss, so there will almost always be an upgrade available.

They're trying to eliminate hard and fast BiS lists with the tertiary stats. Assume for a minute that Crit and Haste are our best stats going into the first tier of Warlords, and your first piece of new loot has Crit and Haste on it. A few bosses later, loot for the same slot drops, but has Mastery, Haste, and one or more of the tertiary stats on it. It's most likely going to be the case that the piece with the tertiary stats and worse secondary stats is better for you. Additionally, you might always get another piece with Crit, Haste, and some tertiary stats.

See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10703970357#1 for more information.

This idea as a whole worries me. The mechanic they are trying to copy is the Diablo dungeon crawler one. Where loot has somewhat random stats on it to give you a chance at better loot every time you kills a boss or something. Problem here though is that it is way to RNG based.

In the Diablo series or any dungeon crawler for that matter you can counter bad RNG streaks with just doing more runs of the area. However WoW doesn't let you repeat content on that basis due to raid lock outs. So ultimately you are left to chance and could never see a piece of gear that truely helps you in the role to which you are playing. And you can't tell me that they won't be balancing classes based on Tertiary stats. That's like saying they don't balance classes based on legendaries back when they were class specific.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

Why did you quote him when he just said exactly what you just did. Your post served no purpose and added nothing to the conversation.

Also, have you played a Hunter lately. The class is a muddled mess of mechanics that in some cases work against each other.

I quoted him because i agree with the statement, I said something that was completely different and added to the conversation, and I have played hunters lately, I dont feel like my specs are in a complete mess, although you would need to elaborate on exactly what you mean to be more specific. Anyways...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm glad Readiness is gone. Imagine the mess things would be with the Assurance of Consequence -- Stampede, Readiness, Stampede, 3.5 minutes later, Stampede, 1.5 minutes later, Readiness, Stampede... all because the trinket lowered Stampede's CD to below five minutes. The ONLY thing I miss is being able to double my Exhilaration. That was a life-saver on occasion, especially if I didn't have a lock rock handy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
They remove Readiness my friend, but they don't lowered enough cooldown. This is why we are between the mid and bottom of the dps chart.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
They remove Readiness my friend, but they don't lowered enough cooldown. This is why we are between the mid and bottom of the dps chart.

They removed readiness but buffed moves to compensate for the dps loss that the cooldown resets gave. Hunters are not low at all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Readiness skill/talent is gone for good, it's a good thing, love it.

Hunter DPS is fine, more importantly is fun, love it.

Readiness stat seems interesting, can't wait to play, love it.

Stop complaining :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I quoted him because i agree with the statement, I said something that was completely different and added to the conversation, and I have played hunters lately, I dont feel like my specs are in a complete mess, although you would need to elaborate on exactly what you mean to be more specific. Anyways...

Seemed like you were just quoting him for the sake of it and then putting in the arbitrary "Hunter's are fine..." mantra that people like to repeat like parrots.

As to the "mess" I'm referring to, I'm talking about the Hunter priority system being thrown out of whack by the addition of the 60-90 talent tiers.

the 60 tier floods the class with so much focus that the actual mechanic itself is trivial at best. It was fine for a little bit after the nerf to Arcane shot's cost, but once you get more gear you start running into the issue again where you can't spend the focus fast enough.

the 75 tier adds on a arbitrary set of abilities that add nothing to the class short of "increase damage by X." Nothing really Iconic about them and one of them was nerfed so far into the ground that it is just a weaker version of another out of that same tier just minus the Focus cost. Then you have a gap closer for you pet that at best serves to exacerbate the already existing issue with pets glitching through walls, floors and horrendous pathing.

the 90 tier is redundant with existing abilities and isn't interesting at all. Glaive is pretty much Arcane Shot on a CD with a cleave, Power Shot is a crappy casted knock back to which we can glyph for a better one via Explosive Trap, and Barrage is hazardous to use due to its unwieldy and deceptive range (Though it is the only talent in that tier that actually feels like it belongs there)

To be honest if blizzard wants to tackle the samey feel that people are complaining about with Hunters as well as the scaling issues, they need to start with the 60-90 talent tier as that is where a majority of the issue is spawning from.
Edited by Darkgrif on 1/1/2014 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
They removed readiness but buffed moves to compensate for the dps loss that the cooldown resets gave. Hunters are not low at all.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/100/14/30/default/

74.1 Hunter Bm
74.1 Hunter Surv
54.0 Hunter Marksman
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]