Divine Storm back down to 60%?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I would love to see DS made into the AoE rotation equivalent to CS (much like CS and HotR is for tanking). We'll just have to see which direction Blizzard takes this
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
just give us hotr baseline and keep DS as a finisher
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Once again....AOE ABILITY IS FOR AOE.

It's a for trash, just use it for that, go afk since u don't hafta generate holy power to use it.

And enjoy not having to pay attention on trash anymore!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Once again....AOE ABILITY IS FOR AOE.

It's a for trash, just use it for that, go afk since u don't hafta generate holy power to use it.

And enjoy not having to pay attention on trash anymore!

First off, DS is not at 80%, according to the patch notes. For whatever reason they seem to have nerfed it back down to 60%. At 80% you needed 5 targets to make it a dps gain, at 60% you need at least 7, once you factor in cleaves, etc, from CS.

Otherwise, your post makes little sense. Obviously AoE abilities are for AoE. The question is why would you ever spec into a 60% DS? If you need at least 7 targets to make it pull ahead of CS, there seems little point in having the talent at all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you need at least 7 targets to make it pull ahead of CS, there seems little point in having the talent at all.

Quoted for truth.
Edited by Adopted on 11/23/2010 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
52 Dwarf Rogue
So what people are saying, in this very important thread, is that Divine Storm performs poorly. Can we get some comparative math on the Holy Power/Hand of Light Divine Storm versus this lovely version?

I, personally, enjoyed the back to back potential of Divine Storm. When mastery would have been on gear we'd have had a notable increase in procs and a greater aoe potential as opposed to... this...

Regards,
Genar Tornspart
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Could I suggest to completely change it to

Divine storm: 25% base mana, 2 min CD. Increase the paladin's haste of melee attack and casting for 25%, and making the paladin's melee swing, VT and CS now strike 2 additional nearby enemies, dealing 50% damage as the damage dealt on the current target. While the affected by DS, the paladin will heal up to 4 raid/group members, including the paladin him/herself 5% of all damage down by the paladin. Lasting for 20 sec. During this effect, the paladin can not cast Zealotry or AW.

And I really want a great graphic effect for DS
Edited by Caesium on 11/23/2010 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
First off, DS is not at 80%, according to the patch notes. For whatever reason they seem to have nerfed it back down to 60%.

Sometimes Blizzard will miss a very late change (such as this) while compiling a release build. It is possible that the 4.03a released today was compiled before the PTR change to 80% weapon damage took place. Unless Blizzard can clarify, this is what I'll assume is the case.
Edited by Vesania on 11/23/2010 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Otherwise, your post makes little sense. Obviously AoE abilities are for AoE. The question is why would you ever spec into a 60% DS? If you need at least 7 targets to make it pull ahead of CS, there seems little point in having the talent at all.

Out of curiosity, what's the far better/useful talent to put the point into?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]