Arcane blast is much too subtle now

20 Human Paladin
I recall several times lately when I've been in a bg and I glance at my health bar and see that, all of a sudden, I'm just about dead. And lo and behold, there's a previously unseen arcane mage who has been nuking me with arcane blast. Except it's such a subtle spell that I didn't even notice it was going on amid all the bg noise and chaos.

This is the only spell that I can recall acting like this. If a desto lock is nuking you with chaos bolts, incenerates, etc or if an ele shammy is nuking you with lightnight bolts, it's pretty hard to miss. With all the power that arcane mages have, do they really need to be able to nuke in such a subtle fashion?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
When I get hit by the sparkles (arcane blast) I stop what I'm doing, and jump+spin while spamming charge. If I don't charge in the direction of the mage, I shield wall+spell reflect to give me a second to get a heal or at least figure out where the mage was before I die.

i just hit bubble if i have it.

But really the rule of thumb is, find the arcane mage before he finds you. They don't have much in the way of escape tools, they just hit like a bulldozer on steroids.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
http://i54.tinypic.com/2u9pe9f.jpg

Arcane mages are balanced in BGs; learn to play.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
I can't imagine not noticing it at all, that's just bad. But it is frustrating that it doesn't indicate in which direction the mage is.

I dunno, I can sympathize. There is sooo much incidental damage in bg's, you don't necessarily notice you are being focus fired right away. Even if no one ever targets you your health is probably going to go down a solid amount in the average scrum.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
When I get hit by the sparkles (arcane blast) I stop what I'm doing, and jump+spin while spamming charge. If I don't charge in the direction of the mage, I shield wall+spell reflect to give me a second to get a heal or at least figure out where the mage was before I die.

Won't work.

I know warriors are tricksies so I save my Presence of Mind to hit you with 2 arcane blasts at the exact same time.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

god your UI is atrocious.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

god your UI is atrocious.

It doesnt show in combat, silly.
Reply Quote

Won't work.

I know warriors are tricksies so I save my Presence of Mind to hit you with 2 arcane blasts at the exact same time.

Not if I save my Spell Reflect and hit you with two arcane blasts at once.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage

Won't work.

Not if I save my Spell Reflect and hit you with two arcane blasts at once.

About half my deaths in BGs are from tricksy warriorses and their tricksy spell reflect.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The huge trade-off to AB subtlety is arc missles which telegraph where you are long before they even do all their damage. Pretty much the most telegraphed non-dot component spell in the game. It basically creates a beacon to your location.
why would you ever use or spec into AM as arcane pvp right now?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I kind of agree...especially in rated BGs. If you have a mage hiding in a bush...yeah after 1 cast you may notice but he's halfway through his second cast. You may be in the middle of a 3-4 person fight going on. You may be a healer trying to keep someone/yourself up, and you may be trying to finish someone or silence them and then you have someone nuking you with a no travel time spell that hits like a truck.

It should have an animation of lighting you on fire. Never can have too much of a good thing.
Reply Quote
Untraceable spells (lets not forget dot classes, which are untraceable most of the time) are an important aspect of what makes mages fun, and are one of the very few aspects of the class that hasn't been given freely to every other class.

If bads weren't playing up the power of arcane in AV turtles right now, you would be openly mocked by everyone for admitting that mage casting is "hard to see."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]