So this is how Cata ships.

85 Draenei Priest
Now that the beta is officially over, it's kind of surreal that all the class changes are final now.

I think things turned out pretty okay. Healing classes seem fairly balanced, and my shiny new disc priest is fun as hell.

I'm officially pumped :)

Sit back and enjoy a beer (or ten) Blizzard staff! Congrats on another epic chapter in everyone's favorite game!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Are you sure you've played your disc?

Or, have you just not watched what other healers are like?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I can't wait to play my disc priest at 85!

It's like all the fun of having your teeth kicked in and being called useless, but in a subscription-based game!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Wow. It took all of eight minutes for the thread to turn negative. Bravo.

Yes, I played my disc priest on the beta. A LOT. Are things perfect? Not really. Am I still finishing content and having fun with the mechanics of my class? Absolutely.

Over the past few weeks the throughput gaps between different healing classes have gotten MUCH smaller (if it's even there at all now). My opinion is that they've done a pretty damn good job for the first tier of raiding.

And that's pretty impressive given the general negativity they receive on the forums on a regular basis. You could give everyone on the forums a flying purple donkey and they'd still complain about what color it was :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My bad, I'm still thinking from a PVP perspective.

where as Pomegranite said, "It's like all the fun of having your teeth kicked in and being called useless, but in a subscription-based game!"
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I have to say I'm not a massive PVP person. But I did try to check it out during the last few weeks of the beta. I put on my arena gear set on (awesome PoM set bonus btw) and gave a few duels a whirl and defended Tol Barad a few rounds (it seems the battlegrounds were unavailable for the last week or two).

It could be that I just played against really awful players, but I actually did pretty well. Don't remember dying all that much at all. With the increased health pools, the fights last a LOT longer. I remember a duel with a ret pally that lasted a good six or seven minutes (I won btw). It was kind of exciting that every fight wasn't over in like ten seconds like I'm used to :)

I know that probably won't make anyone here feel better, but I still had fun in PVP too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pretty much everything Franz said. I'm not jacked up about Priest pvp (except Shadow), but it's not a complete roflstomp as some people make it out to be either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
From what I've seen, I'm sure I'll have fun. I will certainly need a few weeks at 85 to see if I prefer Holy or Discipline though. I can't get a feeling of how raiding will go until I see our new talent trees in context (level 85 content). I can't wait!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I think things turned out pretty okay. Healing classes seem fairly balanced, and my shiny new disc priest is fun as hell.

He's so fun you didn't even feel the need to log him on in over 2 months?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
For the record, beta being over doesn't mean class balance is over. =]
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

I get the feeling he's been playing a lot of beta?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

He said he was playing on beta, and I know a couple of people who were like that. If you were done with ICC progression or not in a hardcore guild, there wasn't a whole lot to do on live.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I love my Priest, and I love Disc.

I don't care how I stack up against the other healing classes, because I don't enjoy them as much as I enjoy playing my Priest. I'm looking forward to the challenges that Cata with thrust upon me, and rising up to meet those challenges and get my people through the content (more alive than dead).

I play against myself and the game mechanics, not other healers and the meters. If my people don't die, that's all I need.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]