The Shattering

85 Human Death Knight
Will be happening tonight.

I'm scared!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2086-Patch-4.0.3a-on-live-realms-this-week
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
What is in:
    New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
    New Gnome/Troll starting areas

Wait wait wait wait.... so.... does this mean I don't have to wait until Cata to roll my Gnome healer?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
What is in:
    New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
    New Gnome/Troll starting areas

Wait wait wait wait.... so.... does this mean I don't have to wait until Cata to roll my Gnome healer?

You can roll one tomorrow. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
GASP!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
They said awhile back they were gonna have the shattering 'a few weeks' before Cata release, which is pretty much everything minus new zones, level cap, arch, new races and flying.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
So basically... the expansion itself is going to come out before release within a patch, but the factors that make it an expansion we have to wait a couple weeks for?

Seems rather pointless.

What do I care, Im gatherin ##!# loads of minerals for my priest now XD
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Well id call the actual expansion the new zones/flying/lvl cap/new races and new prof.
The Azeroth overhaul is more of just something that needed to be done eventually and is kind of a bonus... A SUPER AWESOME BONUS!.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Nah well, a redone old world is kinda like their whole stupid thing of adding an entire continent every expansion, but this makes it look like a WoW2. I just expected to load up Cataclysm, see Deathwing's massive entrance of the intro, then log into a completely changed world where familiar zones are in ruins, Space Goats are teamed up with Furries and Homosexuals could finally learn how to get angry...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
One day they'll finally update the 6 year old models of all the original races. *sigh* Taren's still have a diamond on the end of their tails. lol
Reply Quote
Fitzy

So basically... the expansion itself is going to come out before release within a patch, but the factors that make it an expansion we have to wait a couple weeks for?

Seems rather pointless.

Not really pointless, It's called live beta testing before the main expansion hits, hopefully they should iron out most of the bugs before Cata, so we don't speed weeks with a screwed buggy ass server like most other xpacs have been.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Maintenance will be extended to like 12pm Sydney time.
It might get extended again.

I just hope the servers are back up when I get home.

The login screen is awesome and Deathwing roars really quietly....
I guess its because people QQ'ed over the WOTLK roar.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Hopefully the servers are back up by the time I get home, looking forward to exploring the revamped zones.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Hopefully the servers are back up by the time I get home, looking forward to exploring the revamped zones.

Servers came up early.

They're now live.

I'm stuck at work. The pain!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
All the changes are awesome!

Except for the bug on the darkshore map that kept crashing WoW.
Had to delete a .MPQ file and get the launcher downloader to re-download it.

I logged off in the park with this toon and my druid alt.
They both got a ton of exploration achievements for places they haven't been too before?
I'm not complaining, but has anyone else got this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/cathartik/feed

Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Yeah I got a bunch on my druid when ive only seen 2-3 parts of the zone, Im thinking because of most of the zones changed atleast a little they just handed out the whole zone as a default if youve seen 1 area within it.

Was gonna fly around over them all at 85 anyway, saved me some time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
<--- Fitzy's new Priest

Im lovin it... Im a Lore freak, as most people probably know, so all these new quests and such are giving me a raging brainer.

I do have issues though... possibly not with the game itself, though the new town in Darkshore does have 2 of the same NPC right next to each other...

I did an AB at 18, as nearly everybody does a BG at that level, and... for some reason, the very second someone does something, I drop down to like half a frame per second... Which is entirely weird considering my PC can run this game as a flawless 60fps in the most crowded and laggiest of cities.

The other thing... good god, Im entirely happy with the new dungeon difficulty, but holy s**t I wish I could slap some of these people that join them. I specced this priest as a healer, just because I wanted a healer this entire time. I was surprised with the sudden difficulty at this level of Shadowfang keep, but I still kept everybody alive. Then Last boss rolls around and WOW... HE REQUIRED THOUGHT!!! So we wiped, I had a quick observation of what he does and explained that the Ghouls are weak, simple AoE will kill em, and point him away from the group because of his huge damage frontal AoE... does this tank listen?

Of course he doesn't, he points him towards everybody still and doesn't even try to Thunderclap the 400 ghouls on me. 7 Wipes later, which im still for some reason in the group for, he attempts to blame me for terrible heals, despite managing to keep him alive while struggling to keep the other 3 and myself on our feet. He leaves, so we queue for another one. I asked this new bloke if he knows what happens, he does, INSTANT WIN...

I issue this request to all players. If you don't know the proper role above a simple Tank/Heal/DPS, please DO NOT queue for randoms because you suck, and suck hard! It is no longer a 'tank aggro everything, dps dps and healer keep the tank alive' system. It is back to the days of old where stuff needs to be CC'd or kited or AoE'd properly or moved around... Learn your class before attempting the fight!
Edited by Sýdney on 11/25/2010 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]