Questions about the server

80 Gnome Warrior
and a couple friends are thinking of transferring to a new server. We're tired of the pvp ruleset and just want a good PvE server that isn't terribly unbalanced in terms of faction distribution. We were looking at Malygos, Exodar and Blade's Edge, but I was hoping to hear from some of the residents about the current state of affairs for the server.

How is the Alliance/Horde balance and population numbers?

How are the economies?

Are there raids and/or events going on? (VoA, Weekly Raid, PuGs, Old World Raids, etc.)

How is the general community? Competitive, Friendly, Childish?

How are the guilds and raid progression?

Any insight that could be had would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
The population is pretty ally heavy.

Economy is average.

VoA/weekly raids are always easy to find the first few days of the patch. After that can be a little tough to find one. Pugs are a possiblity but I shudder to think of doing one of them.

Its wow chat. So childish mainly with a few nice people.

To many bad guilds with a few good guilds mixed in. If you are are skilled with talent then its possible to find a good guild.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Paladin
and a couple friends are thinking of transferring to a new server. We're tired of the pvp ruleset and just want a good PvE server that isn't terribly unbalanced in terms of faction distribution. We were looking at Malygos, Exodar and Blade's Edge, but I was hoping to hear from some of the residents about the current state of affairs for the server.

How is the Alliance/Horde balance and population numbers?

How are the economies?

Are there raids and/or events going on? (VoA, Weekly Raid, PuGs, Old World Raids, etc.)

How is the general community? Competitive, Friendly, Childish?

How are the guilds and raid progression?

Any insight that could be had would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Malygos is a two sided coin.

This was a 134th ranked server in terms of progression during Wrath of the Lich King (thats out of like 220 total, basically lower half). Population wise it is effectively a 3:1 server in favor of the alliance.

The numbers difference has played a heavy role in determining the nature of each 'society' for each faction, which are completely opposite.

Alliance economy is comparable to what you see on other servers, with slightly higher prices for high-end raid items then most. Horde side the economy is in a poor state, and things sell for a lot of money, but because of this there is incredible profits to be made. Yes, everything costs more horde side, but if you're actively selling, there is money to be made. This is because there is less AH competition essentially. The alliance market, you'll make less money as you have 20 people competing with you on any item you try and sell and will be undercut within seconds. Horde side, you can go for days without being undercut.

Raiding with the Alliance is like baby-sitting egotistical elementary school kids suffering from A.D.D., and if you aren't stern and lay the law with regularly, they'll walk all over you and then drop raid. Horde are once again, completely different. Their lack of player resources has caused them to work with the understanding that you get what you can get and try not to complain about it. As such they have a greater willingness to work together, as has been shown with incredible results with the recent change to WG, as now the Horde dominate it because of their ability to work together as a team. They have their fair share of arrogant bastards and incompetent morons, but for the most part, they'll knuckle down and try and get thru it, where as the alliance raiders will just say screw it and bail.

I lead raids in the exact same style on both sides, and my horde raids are profoundly more successful and enjoyable. Based on my personal experience, your average horde raider is entirely more honorable individual that understands the value of respect. There are some folks like this on alliance side, but they are peppered sparingly into a turbulent sea of annoying jackasses.

Progression here collectively is mediocre. You got like 4 guilds (2 on each side) that really push for hardcore compared to the rest that are ho-hum. So you can basically find anything, but get into a solid and established guild or don't bother, as you'll just be guild bouncing every 3-6 months. That's an aspect that the horde and alliance actually share, they both create new guilds that fold just as often and as quickly.

If I was going to transfer here, I'd do it as horde. In fact I'm debating pulling one of my toons from a 4th ranked server and bringing it here. Some of my most enjoyable moments playing, and raiding as well, have been with the horde of Malygos. They just make it worth it for me.

If you're not interested in going horde, I'd say keep looking. In fact, I'd actually recommend playing on Medivh. They ranked mid 70's, are completely alliance dominated server, have tons of solid pugs (one goes 9/12 hm ICC25), multiple GDKP runs, good economy, and relatively mature community. I have an alliance toon there myself, and don't regret it at all. You can always find a raid that's going on that'll be reasonably successful.

Good luck in your search.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
On the nose, Pony.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]