Player Poll: Thrall or Hellscream?

90 Troll Shaman
Garrosh seems to be getting better, and I think that in time he will make a respectable Warchief, but in the meantime my troll is certainly not happy about the new leader of the Horde's outlook on my people, or his disregard for diplomacy. We Darkspears were a small tribe among much larger; we fully appreciate the value of subtlety and cunning over the brute force approach Garrosh seems to apply to everything in his path. Thrall understood that. He understood us, and he valued us. Garrosh best learn that lesson quickly, or a certain shadowhunter may be making good on a promise.
Edited by Sharkon on 11/23/2010 6:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Orc Hunter
Before today I would have voted for Thrall with out a second thought. But some thing happened today that forever changed my opinion of young Hellscream. I was in Orgrimar fighting off the elemental invasion and I noticed the orc beside me that was giving his all just like I was trying to save are beloved city. That orc was Garosh Hellscream the new warchief. Leading by example, pushing himself and his charges to defend our home. Lok'tar Ogar For the Horde!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
thrall just for the chain lightning but i saw garrosh doing a blade storm on some elamentals so we will have to see how he works out

WTB voljen back in the room hexing badies!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I've never understood this "Thrall is a great leader" mentality. Thrall may have had good intentions, but he was a totally ineffective leader.

He holds up Grom as a great hero. Grom was no great hero, he was a tragic figure who constantly did the wrong thing until the last moment. Thrall should have held up Grom as someone to never emulate and to avoid making his mistakes. He also names the Orc capitol after Orgrim Doomhammer. If you want peace, why would you name anything after a genocidal bloodthirsty person. If Thrall wanted peace, that was a huge mistake. Honoring someone who wanted to destroy everyone on Azeroth so his people could take it over certainly isn't going to gain the trust of the people you claim you want peace with.

Let's also look at some facts here too about various Horde races. Sylvanas had the new plague developed right under Thrall's nose. For several years lore time wise she has taken Alliance races slaves to test the plague on and no action on it from Thrall. Blood Elves have also taken Alliance members slaves with no repercussion from Thrall. And let's not forget even Orcs take slaves for the Arenas. Thrall even met La'gosh (Varian for those not knowing the story) and not one word was said to Rhegar about how taking slaves might thwart his peace efforts.

And let's look at the Undercity where everyone tries to bash Varian. To me, this is the moment of Thrall's greatest embarrassment. In WC3 Jaina fought her own father, Admiral Proudmoore, to try to secure peace. At the Undercity, does Thrall look around, see how Sylvanas has trashed this once great city, see the corpses of human slaves laying about and decide to confront Sylvanas? No, he sides with her. If Thrall had any character whatsoever, he would have turned, joined Varian's side and did exactly what Jaina had done for him. Many people say "well he needs Undercity as a base in Eastern Kingdoms". Well, if you want peace why do you need a base? Let's not forget, even after being a slave to the Orcs, Varian had on several occasions tried to get peace even more finalized even trying to get Stormwind to provide Orgrimmar the lumber they need so they would stop harvesting in Ashenvale.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
we dont know who the better warchief is yet. One has had the job for years the other hasnt even started yet.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I just do not like Garrosh, he's really been mishandled by writers. Any character development that he's had has merely been shoehorned in with a novel. The curve is so out of whack for him that (one time) having a plan b, and (only recently)not being all gun ho about killing innocent people makes him completely qualified for the position of War Chief.

All bias aside, it's to early to tell whether or not he'll do a good job. I mean an actual good job just a good job considering he's Garrosh.

Well, the problem with how he is written is that they want to make him confrontational and an instigator, yet not be "evil". A while back when the character was first being flushed out there was no mistaking him being on the evil side and he was toned down. The problem arises in the fact he still wants to invade territory simply for the land and the resources and trying to make him seem noble at the same time. It can't happen. Either he's a warmongering idiot, which the writers have made him ultimately to be, or he's noble. You can't be both.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1104280865 please see this thread.
Garrosh has been leader for a day and killed a beloved horde leader, who helped Thrall found Ogrimmar. Garrosh is as bad as Varian, I do hope they both fall into the maelstrom, just before Thrall closes it.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1104280865 please see this thread.
Garrosh has been leader for a day and killed a beloved horde leader, who helped Thrall found Ogrimmar. Garrosh is as bad as Varian, I do hope they both fall into the maelstrom, just before Thrall closes it.

Agreed and our troll leader would gladly push him in!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I just do not like Garrosh, he's really been mishandled by writers. Any character development that he's had has merely been shoehorned in with a novel. The curve is so out of whack for him that (one time) having a plan b, and (only recently)not being all gun ho about killing innocent people makes him completely qualified for the position of War Chief.

All bias aside, it's to early to tell whether or not he'll do a good job. I mean an actual good job just a good job considering he's Garrosh.

Well, the problem with how he is written is that they want to make him confrontational and an instigator, yet not be "evil". A while back when the character was first being flushed out there was no mistaking him being on the evil side and he was toned down. The problem arises in the fact he still wants to invade territory simply for the land and the resources and trying to make him seem noble at the same time. It can't happen. Either he's a warmongering idiot, which the writers have made him ultimately to be, or he's noble. You can't be both.

Absolutely agree. I really want to like Garrosh but Blizz is just making it extremely hard to do so; they're just not that skilled in writing an antihero.

One of Blizzards biggest mistakes they have made to the game, is story wise, the game is irrelevant. I can follow along the lore and never play the game now and I won't miss a thing.

In all actuality, the game interferes with the story. If people don't read the comics or novels the few things shown in game will make people get the wrong idea. More than one person has thought Varian was some hothead, then gone and read the comics and novels and realized that what they are seeing in game is his anger about events that happened OUT of the game.

As for Garrosh, I like him as a villain. If they hadn't tried to water him down to make him more "likeable" he could have been a terrific villain. Unfortunately Blizzard wants both sides to be seen as "not wrong but each making mistakes but each noble". Well sorry, but that makes for wishy washy storytelling. Not to mention it's hard to get past the original storyline established in WC1 and WC2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]