[A&H] Continental OOC RP Channels

85 Human Priest
/join Kalimdor
/join EasternKingdoms

The primary purpose of these channels is for out of character communication to help create more world RP events and to ‘ping’ yourself out in the Old World while you‘re leveling or otherwise looking for RP. Living in the wake of the Shattering which saw the world change forever, this is the perfect time to reintroduce ourselves to the world many of us have come to love. RP happens where you make it, I’ve found, but its particularly difficult to do when you’re the only person in the zone (ie, Desolace or Arathi).
The secondary purpose of these channels is to have in-game assistance for your RP character in the form of lore question and answers, quest assistance and so on.

Channel Guidelines:
I hate to say “rules” because of the way that chat channels work on WoW, there’s really no enforcing them other than banning folks.

- Steer the conversation towards RP:
The purpose of the channel is to create more world RP. Sometimes, you won’t have the time to run all the way out to the Plaguelands or Booty Bay, but you can still help others when they have lore questions or observations you’ve made in RP. The people in the channel are generally a friendly bunch and things will get off topic every now and again but remember: RP.
- Guild Recruitment:
Rare guild recruitment is fine: from time to time, people will ask about guilds for X, Y and Z, but please don’t post them unprompted and when you do, don’t spam them.
- Event Advertising:
You have an event you’re planning? Great! You can advertise in the channel, but again, don’t spam it. Word of mouth works wonders. Do you have an idea for an event that’s just now forming in your mind? Well, bring it up in the channel and see if you can’t stir up some interest and support for it.
- Watch Your Fingers:
If someone can take offense of what you say, please just don’t go there. Don’t be scared to voice an opinion but at the same time, this is an OOC channel for finding role play. If someone says something you don’t agree with strongly and you two start to debate feverously, please do us all a kindness and take it to whispers. The ignore feature works in the channel also.
- Use the right channel for the right reason
This is sort of a personal gripe of mine, but the reason I created the Kalimdor chat channel was to create and help facilitate more roleplay in Kalimdor, not Stormwind. Stormwind and Silvermoon City have been long standing RP hubs on Wyrmrest, finding RP happening there is not currently a difficult task. But world RP is a bit more tricky than that

For Eastern Kingdoms related RP, such as Quel’thalas, Lordaeron, Gilneas, Khaz Modan, Azeroth or Vashj‘ir, /join EasternKingdoms

For Kalimdor related RP, such as Teldrassil, Azuremyst, Ashenvale, Hyjal, Azshara, Stonetalon Mountains, Mulgore, the Barrens, Durotar, Tanaris, Silithus, Uldum and so on /join Kalimdor

[continued..]
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
FAQ:

Do I have to speak in-character when I use the channel?
- No, the channel is out of character for finding and creating “face-to-face” world RP.

Why do you need two channels? Can’t you just use one?
- ‘Coz. No.
Originally, there was just the /Kalimdor channel for creating and encouraging more night elf, draenei, tauren, orc and troll RP. Over time, we started to collect a number of characters in the channel who had no interest in roleplaying in Kalimdor, instead, asking for RP in Stormwind or Stranglethorn or wherever. Seems a bit silly to be in a channel for the continent you never go to, isn’t it?

What’s wrong with Stormwind and Silvermoon?
- Nothing is wrong with Stormwind City or Silvermoon City. But there’s also nothing wrong with Undercity, Ironforge, Darnassus, the Exodar, Thunderbluff, Orgrimmar, Sentinel Hill, the Wetlands, Arathi, Silverpine Forest, the Ghostlands, Crossroads, Thousand Islands.

Could I use the channel for finding RP in Stormwind/Silvermoon anyways?
- Occasionally, but not in the /Kalimdor channel. The focus of these channels is to create more World RP and to bring RP to cities that have been neglected to an extent.

-will add more when I get more-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]