How to increase my DPS? (Frost 2H)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dear fellow DKs,

Please comment on my Frost 2H build DK.

My obliterate crits with Frost Fever + Blood plague is around 15k to 17k..

Dps based on recount is around 6-7k.

Cant seem to hit higher..

Should i change to DW?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
2 points you have in chill need to go to longer diseases, this helps reduce the number of times you waste an unholy rune getting blood plague up.

Also make sure that you are at the hit cap (8%) and EXP cap (23).

As far as Haste goes 900 is a good goal for lvl 80, Although more won't hurt.

Reforge your crit into mastery for higher HB and FS hits. (As 2h frost we rely more upon FS because of the increased RP generation.)

Make sure you are using Unholy presence for single target DPS and Frost presence for AOE packs.

Edited by Søul on 11/23/2010 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
What Søul said.

Plus fix your welfare gems, enchant your boots and cloak (enchants stack with Eng tinkers), lose the pvp gear.

Getting hit and Exp capped (which is 23 right now btw, back to 26 for Cata) will greatly improve your dps.
Edited by Nikbruiser on 11/23/2010 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
i believe the expertise cap has changed to 23. i may be wrong but i remember reading a blue post on that subject.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
i believe the expertise cap has changed to 23. i may be wrong but i remember reading a blue post on that subject.

Only because they needed to change the scaling so that the cap would be 26 again at 85.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
EJ has a complete "how to build your Frost DK" guide. It tells you everything from A-Z. Good luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]