The Shadow of his Wings-ly Thread [11.23.10]

80 Undead Death Knight
First and foremost: Kodos go out to Yaana, a Draenei shaman that came to TB in attempt to stop a griefer. It's now proof that we, WrA, are the closest knit community on any RP server. Great job guys and gals and goats!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING, WrA!
The Time has come for the world to shatter, for chaos to reign supreme everlasting, and for us to drive home all this wonderful new RP!

What to do with all this new RP? There's so much potential to be had!!!
We'll get to it, eventually.

Well Wyrmrest, the servers are down, but you -can- open the Blizzard launcher to download a few Mb of data so you can log in come 11am PDT! The cinematic feels more awesome now that Deathwing has broken out, and the Login screen calls out for a sense of destiny.

We will log in today and we will see our shiny new cities, our new leaders (Talking to red side here), and roll new alts to take out into the world, explore, and conquer! FOR THE TIME OF PEACE IS GONE, and from here on out... IT'S WAR!

Thanks to some research from Kaahn, Vithae, and Nalani, we've managed to find out through quests, book(s), and speech in various old world places, that it's a three year gap from start of WotlK to Shattering.
The LK campaign only took a year, meaning we didn't exactly experience two years of 'catch up'.

And so, WrA, your first Daily Thread article and now... your first

TOPIC OF THE DAY: (for the Shattering!)

What happened to all of your characters (yes, ALL of them... ALL OF THEM), in the two (or otherwise stated) years that we've passed through? Help rebuild Orgrimmar? Continue to fight the Scourge?

SPEAK UP, WrA! Before the fire consumes your soul, let it first fuel your passion!

This is Cap Carell, signing off until he can roll an Orc Mage.

(Edited for minor grammar issues, spelling, and corrections to time and events)
Edited by Ihcapnek on 11/23/2010 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
What happened to all of your characters (yes, ALL of them... ALL OF THEM), in the two (or otherwise stated) years that we missed? Help rebuild Orgrimmar? Continue to fight the Scourge?

Most of my characters have either been killed, or have taken a "getting too old for this *@@*" mentality after the Shattering. After rping for nearly 5 years almost every original character i've created has seen their storylines come full circle.

With the world being remade, this seems like the perfect time to retire them by one way or another.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
Giant time-skips bother me. Not sure I can abide it.

That said, I dont know: Milyna might very well dissappear/die. My alts... no clue yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'm still holding on to the fact that we didn't lose two years or five years or whatever the number is - really, it's just game mechanics and them not being able to slowly update the old world.
How is The Shattering going to happen? Should we expect an epic ending to the pre-Cataclysm event and elemental invasions?
TC: The culmination, we're already at the final stage of the event that builds up to The Shattering. The final "event" is the in-game cinematic. And that's really what the transition is for players, that players will play through this event that's building up and then at some point... just because of the realities of the code, we have to flip a switch.
So we're going to be doing that during maintenance when The Shattering happens, and so when players log back in for the first time, it's a very small patch for players, and be introduced to the cinematic. That's suppose to be what happened while you were asleep. Conceptually, this is what just happened while you weren't controlling your character.
-Tom Chilton Interview
It's just a jump to the left.
-Blue response to the time skip.

We're probably still not going to get anything definite. :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
What happened to all of your characters (yes, ALL of them... ALL OF THEM), in the two (or otherwise stated) years that we missed? Help rebuild Orgrimmar? Continue to fight the Scourge?

Most of my characters have either been killed, or have taken a "getting too old for this *@@*" mentality after the Shattering. After rping for nearly 5 years almost every original character i've created has seen their storylines come full circle.

With the world being remade, this seems like the perfect time to retire them by one way or another.

I have been considering the same as well. Some characters of mine have been the same for the longest time and I feel its a good time to hit a reset button on some of them and back away from others.

As for the topic question:

I dont play most of my characters and I am trying to whittle down to a few to play. So, Sylandra, who lost the gift of nature due to events during early LK, failed as a priest and now has been trained in the time gap as an assassin. Although she doesn't want to quite tell her guildies that quite yet. It's also given me a chance to tone her down from super hyper to a bit more goofy, yet now have a darker, more menacing side. Again, stemming from events that happened to her earlier in the year.

As much as I love DWARF POWER, I dont really enjoy hunter all that much aside from PvP. My mage, grumpy as she is, will mostly play a minor rp role in teasing Xy.

Kuaeska went home to her tribe only to find them mysteriously missing, and she will be using the time during the shattering to find out what happened to them.

And my upcoming Tauren Paladin is/was my Tauren warrior, Tahuu, who hated and wanted to kill all gnomes. She will, maybe, find resolve in becoming a warrior of the sun (or whatever they will be called)

This is going to be a long day.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Death Knight
To answer my own question:

Ihcapnek: He's dead and rotting, continuing to serve the Dark Lady unwaveringly.

Sharpfang (because the name Thokk is still taken! GRR!): He was out in Nagrand, but after seeing Thrall at the Throne of Elements, he approached him during one of his breaks (remorseful to interrupt his break) and asked about Orgrimmar. Thrall told him of Garrosh being the new warchief and that plans were had for the city. Sharpfang thanked Thrall, wished him luck, and set out to Orgrimmar where he's helped fortify and rebuild the city.
(It's a liable story, considering Thrall's just a shaman now.)

Eyhab Pequod: He's helped carpenters rebuild the city, helping where he could with first aid and supported the people to the best of his abilities.
He plans on visiting the graveyard in SW to honor the dead before too long.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
I'm still holding on to the fact that we didn't lose two years or five years or whatever the number is - really, it's just game mechanics and them not being able to slowly update the old world.
How is The Shattering going to happen? Should we expect an epic ending to the pre-Cataclysm event and elemental invasions?
TC: The culmination, we're already at the final stage of the event that builds up to The Shattering. The final "event" is the in-game cinematic. And that's really what the transition is for players, that players will play through this event that's building up and then at some point... just because of the realities of the code, we have to flip a switch.
So we're going to be doing that during maintenance when The Shattering happens, and so when players log back in for the first time, it's a very small patch for players, and be introduced to the cinematic. That's suppose to be what happened while you were asleep. Conceptually, this is what just happened while you weren't controlling your character.
-Tom Chilton Interview
It's just a jump to the left.
-Blue response to the time skip.

We're probably still not going to get anything definite. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LIN1yRvXg

Gah, now thats in my mind.

fuuuuuuu
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
All my characters.. thats alot let me get started with my main..

Seiku, The night elf warrior.. died trying to close a gate to the elemental plane of fire during the elemental invasion.. or rather she's presumed dead.. for all we know she could still be there trapped within ragnaros' realm.

Anathemâ, The Draenei death knight has spent the past two years beating back the remaining scourge forces in andorhal in an attempt to claim it by the alliance.. damn forsaken always getting in her way of things.

Tyranei, a night elf huntress bound to the will of tyrande and her teachings as a priestess. has spent the last 2 years providing clothes and trade goods to the veterans of icecrown returning home to darnassus, ashenvale and witnerspring

Annise, the lovely human Rogue spent her time after arthas' demise remaining undercover as an engineer trying desperately to salvage and repair the thousands of siege engines lost in wintergrasp.

Sinclaire, the Blood knight of silvermoon, Went on a crusade to cleanse the ghostlands once and for all to give her people the land they need for the ever expanding populace and industry

Vexilaina, A renounced auchenai deathspeaker spent her 2 years working with the argent dawn to quell the souls of the dead in the eastern plaguelands.

Kìy- a Sunreaver Magistrix, has set out to the old dalaran site to try and qualm the remnant arcane energies.

Ellaine, a human warlock started a reagent shop in theramore.

Reply Quote

Gilgas narrowly escapes death during the Shattering. During the time in-between, he has spent a lot of his time in helping rebuild Orgrimmar.

Gargolas, an Orc Warrior, helps in the takeover of various locations throughout Azeroth that are now claimed in the name of the Horde.

Antu'alarion, a Troll Shaman, spends his time in the Echo Isles, grateful to be back in his native isles. He has helped in training Darkspear who wish to become shamans.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What has Jadoth done in the time between WoLK and Shattering? Probably tutoring his student, caring for his stray cats, picking fights, getting drunk, and being emo.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Allarya and Graelok have been living in Grizzly Hills, near the Winterhoof encampment and trying to help the tensions that have increased between the orcs and the elves in Orgrimmar. The ambassadors' (all 15) offices had been moved to the Valley of Honor instead of staying near the rebuilt main hold. There has been talk of Graelok going to Hyjal leaving their family to hang out with Seiriss.

Koraly has been in Stormwind for at the least of three years, due to the last assignment given to her. If you have read, Pressure the Hinges, she returns with no idea that Thrall ever left, but that may be awhile in rp time. When she does return, she is probably heading out to Light's Hope.

Korae will be reincarnated and returned to her draenei form and finally be able to realize that despite her vanity, she is worth something more than a pretty face.

Aime will still be married, into magic more than love, and living Dalaran where she is at home. She will have little to no real idea of what has been happening in the other continents.

Seiriss is unsure of what to do. She's part of the Ebon Blade with no real place to go to. She has taken her grandchildren, as she is an old elf, to Winterspring where the weather suits her and is not much different than near Winterhoof village.

Annuk joins the Earthern Ring, learning how to be more troll.

Jembartie continues fighting because that's all she has left for herself.

Rye-bread will be training her human slave child as he is growing up and finds the cataclysm to be only part of the training.

Ondyni is unable to speak still so she can't comment. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Months into the future? Not quite. There's been a progression within the game as well however slight that may have seemed to you. That said though, the book The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm has a lot of information, the mini-site Your Fortune Awaits gives some hints about the goings on, and the in game events likewise should be great lead ins for the Shattering and beyond. We also have a little something else that we hope to post for you all that should help bridge the distance a bit more.

There also has to be a certain amount of suspension of disbelief. After all, we've spent a lot of time in the old world without it changing all that much, but time was marching on anyway. We're just playing a little catch-up and hope that it makes some semblance of sense to you. Keep in mind, as much as we have been working to integrate more of the story into the game in a seamless manner, we also still need to make sure that what we're offering via gameplay is fun and makes sense as well. We hope you will enjoy the end results.
Blue post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1104280541?page=13#243

There was no time skip. Just to get the word out there. The 'new' changes have been progressing for a while now but they couldn't translate it over to the game world until now, which basically means the world has played catch up to us, not the other way around. New towns have been being built behind the scenes, new vegetation can be credited to druids, shaman, earth magic and volcanic soil being the most fertile. As it happens, last night really was last night. Still, looking forward to a more extended answer.

On to the question proper, I'm actually pretty unsure what happened to Aima as of this very moment. Part of me wants to keep her in Hyjal for a while longer, another part wants to have her killed off from Ragnaros coming in and ruining everything. Once Lorey regained control of her horse, she went back to help evacuate people from the city and tended more wounded over in Northshire Abbey. Scy's knocked the dust off of herself and she's off to do whatever tasks the Dark Lady's called her to. Due to the poverty of Westfall, Valarey has taken his dog Stitch over to enlist temporarily with the Stormwind army, until there's a better offer made. Var was fishing off the shores of Teldrassil, as per usual.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Mage
Galinae here is a diplomat who regularly works with the race leaders and other high-ranking figures in the Horde and neutral factions. She heeded the warnings of the Earthen Ring members she deals with frequently (which now includes Thrall) and relocated her three sisters Coriae, Fiorae, and Delariae to Silvermoon, where they waited the Shattering out.

Kirtara, my troll hunter, has spent the past year working to restore Echo Isles. She will be joining the Shattered Hand and becoming a rogue.

I'll also be rolling new ally toons now.
Reply Quote
Andi prepared to leave the Scarlet Crusade
Greyland is finally old enough to join a military
Ceaphas got older. xD
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
First and foremost: Kodos go out to Yaana, a Draenei shaman that came to TB in attempt to stop a griefer. It's now proof that we, WrA, are the closest knit community on any RP server. Great job guys and gals and goats!

She was epic. 2 shot the griefer. I have the picture of said griefer getting teabagged by another horde somewhere in my files.

...No, they will not surface. I am a vindictive one, yes, but not that vindictive.

TOPIC OF THE DAY:

SPEAK UP, WrA! Before the fire consumes your soul, let it first fuel your passion!

This is Cap Carell, signing off until he can roll an Orc Mage.

Dzie'wanna: Has helped rebuild the Echo Isles and has been working as a hunter trainer while getting more in touch with the Loa. I was planning on retiring her there, but she has made known that she will NOT go quietly into the night. So, she's coming back out.

Oh, also: She was mated shortly after Echo Isles, and I am debating whether or not she had a child within this time of rest... eh, I'll work it out.

Isondo: Has been training vigorously as a mage, and studying in Dalaran and Shattarah. She has now perfected a recipe of a potion that will shrink her height, allowing her to not be quite as noticeable as a Drakkari. She has somewhat removed the icicle up her butt, but is unsure of her future.

Those are the only two I have actually been playing in-game so far. Soooo, yeah.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
Lena got married shortly after Arthas died, her and her husband built a house, had twin girls about a year after the wedding, and generally lived happily. She continued her studies, and did her best to investigate the elemental disturbances from various histories and artifacts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]