Divine Storm and Holy Power

85 Night Elf Druid
So, now that Divine Storm is redesigned as follows

◦Divine Storm: This ability has been redesigned. It no longer consumes Holy Power and instead costs 5% of base mana. It shares a cooldown with Crusader Strike and hits all nearby enemies for 60% weapon damage.

Does it grant Holy Power like Crusader Strike? Or, will we only TV on proc?
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
does not grant HP (well 20% chance if talented)

so it's only for large group AoE
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I sure hope it generates holy power! Otherwise CS cooldown was just wasted on an AoE ability that does 1/4 of the damage of CS =[ And no holy power! =[ =[
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

/cough 40%
Reply Quote
52 Dwarf Rogue
Firstly, 40% if talented.

Secondly, it still is terrible.

Regards,
Genar Tornspart
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I cant see anyone using this except in a large aoe situation. Even then its not even worthwhile.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I cant see anyone using this except in a large aoe situation. Even then its not even worthwhile.

Isn't that exactly how it's intended?

I can't think of any other classes that use their best AoE except in large AoE situations...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Didn't it get upped to 80% on beta?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hmm, well its nice to see that you dont have to waste HoPo on it anymore.. although unless its had its dmg buffe i still wouldnt use it on any less than 6 mobs... and thats, what? 8 groups in the whole game? Tbh with the transition to much more single target combat in cata i doubt itll get much use anyway.
Reply Quote
48 Orc Warrior
It's now useful for soloing old world content. That's all I can really think of, and to be honest Prot is better at it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

/cough 40%

Little gnome can't reach high enough for the second talent in DP. (::) has a cookie gidgite x.

And it does seem to be a major failing of the DS change. It will just need the theory crafters to work out how many mobs you need to be in combat with for the 60 or 80% WD and 40% HoPo DP proc chance overtake the DPS of CS and 100% HoPo procs.

And even if it is 3+ or 4+ mobs you then have to decide whether to change to DS as a small pack might well be below the CS cap before the second DS is off CD.

The most annoying thing will probably be that there is a single boss like razorscale or gunship where the talent spent on DS will be useful but for the other 95% of the content you don't bother with it.
Reply Quote
Didn't it get upped to 80% on beta?

That's what I was thinking too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
sorry double post
Edited by Zamm on 11/23/2010 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I won't even be taking the talent point anymore. I'll prob spend it on some utility I might use on boss fights. I don't have any points in Selfless Healer yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, as GC said, this is now working exactly like fan of knives.

So makes divine storm available ALL THE TIME and we can finally use it on trash where we don't care about holy power...

Since it was useless before today, I'm really happy to see that back into our rotation to be somewhat useful on trash.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I sure hope it generates holy power! Otherwise CS cooldown was just wasted on an AoE ability that does 1/4 of the damage of CS =[ And no holy power! =[ =[

And how is this a bad thing? You are using it for AoE, not single-target fights.

How many Zeal finishers do you have that you would use in a AoE situation?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]