Why so much QQ about Ret? (PvE)

90 Blood Elf Mage
I've been watching a lot of the 25man raids posted on youtube from beta (Paragon, Cuties Only etc.) and it seems like Ret paladins are right up there with DKs and Fury Warriors (ie, top 5)..so is all these crying about PvP perspective? Aside from the clunkiness of PvE rotation, the DPS itself seems to be fine..if not really good
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont think anyone has complained about damage, not once. Its always been mobility or RNG related.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
who cares about DPS when your toon feels horrible to play? I would rather have fun on a slightly UP toon than be annoyed playing an OP toon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In a sentence; it's the mechanics, not the dps.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
this? again?

Yup... This again.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
curse dot com get clcret it will give u a rotation for baddies and gives u a mini game to play while face rolling ur dps, stop qqing
Edited by Kedren on 11/23/2010 3:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^ troll posting from DK?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^ scrub reroller posting with no knowledge of what she's talking about...

LOL reroller LOL post from your paly or stfu. You probably wouldnt know a good rotation if someone else was playing your toon for you.

As far as the damage nerf, they are still tweaking things. If you honestly expect them to let equally geared and skilled players be at the bottom of the charts due to the class they chose your wrong. We have no idea what changes they will make between now and when we actually start raiding at 85. This isnt Vanilla anymore blizzard is actually trying to level the playing field. Your merely speaking out of the back of your plate pants at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't really see the clunkiness people keep complaining about. Sure it took a few days to get into the groove of the new rotation, but it is fairly simple once you retrain yourself. Get a mod to make Holy Power gains more noticeable, (I use MiksScrollingBattleText and set it to pop up a big warning when at full holy power), and you are good to go.

Overall I find the new Ret to be insanely more fun then old Ret, actually having to try to do good damage > faceroll.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL reroller LOL post from your paly or stfu. You probably wouldnt know a good rotation if someone else was playing your toon for you.

Well surely your a reroller cause how could you go this whole expansion without clearing icc on normal mode if that toon is your main, lol @ that.

As far as the damage nerf, they are still tweaking things. If you honestly expect them to let equally geared and skilled players be at the bottom of the charts due to the class they chose your wrong. We have no idea what changes they will make between now and when we actually start raiding at 85. This isnt Vanilla anymore blizzard is actually trying to level the playing field. Your merely speaking out of the back of your plate pants at this point.

I really hope your right here but seriously doubt it.

This is an Alt but not a reroll. Sadly tho NONE of my toons have cleared ICC normal. =( fail server is fail. I have friends on frostwolf pugging H lich king and I cant find a decent group on this server to even clear normal.

As to the Hoping Im right... As a Paladin all we have is hope after 2xpacs of fail 1xpac of fixed (then a learning curve to relearn our class cause we were supposedly to faceroll before) and soon another xpac. Hopefully blizz learns from their mistakes in Vanilla and tBC and doesnt pidgeon hole us into healbots. And at least if they break ret to *!%! we still have Prot.
Edited by Kedren on 11/23/2010 6:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't really see the clunkiness people keep complaining about. Sure it took a few days to get into the groove of the new rotation, but it is fairly simple once you retrain yourself. Get a mod to make Holy Power gains more noticeable, (I use MiksScrollingBattleText and set it to pop up a big warning when at full holy power), and you are good to go.

Overall I find the new Ret to be insanely more fun then old Ret, actually having to try to do good damage > faceroll.

Get back to me when you hit 85. You might die from clunkiness overload before then though. At 80, getting down to close to 3 sec CS makes it feel fine. At 85, that's an impossible goal atm.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
TBH, it doesn't feel any less faceroll than it felt before the patch. The only thing I like about it is I don't have any accidental cleaves anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]