Your new RSP

85 Blood Elf Paladin
You'd all be terrible train engineers because this thread got...derailed.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Hunter
Well..that was rather enlightening. Erm as for the Layam...can we NOT increase the already extremely high population of blood elves? I think the Horde has enough issues of it's own to have even more self-indulgent, non-contributing factors in the Horde.

I always get a kick out of it when I'm on an Alliance character, listening to Trade or General, and people QQ like the Blood Elves are with the Alliance and ruining their RP over in Stormwind, or some place. Yes, yes, it's the Blood Elves from across the server who you've never met ruining your hammed up plot lines, guys. Italics. Even if you're original Horde and playing an Orc or Tauren, how does it effect you on a server like this? We've got a plethora of tribal guilds that are strictly no lolelves.

Really, I'm not rolling another Blood Elf (bored with them), but if someone else does, who the hell cares? Does it make you mad deep down? Do you get ragefase when you see a level one Blood Elf appear in a starting zone?

does it make you cry :*(

haters
gonna
~*~hate~*~

and speaking of ragefase, that PUN LAYAM WHYYYYYYYYYY

edit: oh and @anyone who rolls a belf, stop apologizing and backtracking about why you rolled your character. especially if you have to justify rolling a belf with "Oh but I have this level 20 troll!" roll what you like and be done with it.

(but orcs is best)
Edited by Demitri on 11/23/2010 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Hunter

this thread is now ~*diamonds*~

like magni lolololo
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Ok perhaps you misunderstand as to what I am saying, so...I'll try to spell it out for you. After much time on the Horde side I realized there's a major flaw with the Horde, where everyone Lore wise, helps each other out and contributes to the Alliance, there's atleast two factions where I stood there like a dog listening to a high pitched sound going "Why are these factions even part of the Horde?"

One, was the Forsaken. The faction that undoubtedly cares not of anyone elses plight but their own. Original Release and BC, the Forsaken kept much to themselves not offering or lending much aid at all to the Orcs and the rest of the Horde, in fact, part of the Forsaken were involved with helping the Grimtotems. Wrath came out, and the Forsaken were all "Revenge is ours!" and flocked to Northrend and pretty much relied on the rest of the Horde to guard their estates. A great hindrance on the Horde if I say so myself.

Then we have the Sin'Dorei, which by the only means they even were let into the Horde was because of the above faction. What has Silvermoon done for the Horde except given them a pretty face that really wasn't needed? Oh yes..nothing. They've been so entwined with their own affairs that unless Sylvanas herself were to ask of their aid, they'd probably laugh. Is this a fault of the players? Not necessarily, Blizzard really made a mistake by making them so pompous and self-indulgent. The biggest thing that really kinda tipped me off with the whole thing is thier "We hate Alliance because of one man!" Really?! You hate the people you've been Allied with for generations because of one person that probably got his rank because his commander probably died. Also, to conclude this, the "Kael'thas betrayed us!" thing is a bit old. I mean, your leader sided with a demon...what did you expect?

What it really boils down to, is I can't comprehend as to why 47% of the Horde is made up of Pretty Boy/Girl Elves that contribute little to nothing to the Horde.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
It's apparent the forums as a whole is getting flogged with 13 million people...blargh, double post deleted.
Edited by Dieane on 11/23/2010 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok perhaps you misunderstand as to what I am saying, so...I'll try to spell it out for you. After much time on the Horde side I realized there's a major flaw with the Horde, where everyone Lore wise, helps each other out and contributes to the Alliance, there's atleast two factions where I stood there like a dog listening to a high pitched sound going "Why are these factions even part of the Horde?"

One, was the Forsaken. The faction that undoubtedly cares not of anyone elses plight but their own. Original Release and BC, the Forsaken kept much to themselves not offering or lending much aid at all to the Orcs and the rest of the Horde, in fact, part of the Forsaken were involved with helping the Grimtotems. Wrath came out, and the Forsaken were all "Revenge is ours!" and flocked to Northrend and pretty much relied on the rest of the Horde to guard their estates. A great hindrance on the Horde if I say so myself.

Then we have the Sin'Dorei, which by the only means they even were let into the Horde was because of the above faction. What has Silvermoon done for the Horde except given them a pretty face that really wasn't needed? Oh yes..nothing. They've been so entwined with their own affairs that unless Sylvanas herself were to ask of their aid, they'd probably laugh.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=25381
Here's a named NPC and all the unnamed warsong magi from Borean Tundra. They're not under some silvermoon banner but a Horde banner.
There's the Sunreavers, and they're sucessful petition to let the Horde into Dalaran. Their presence in the Argent Tournament, give the Horde a place to congregate during the Tournament.
There's Falcon Watch in Outland and the Scyrers of Shattrath.
Every major Horde expedition since the introduction of the Blood Elves to the Horde has had a strong Blood Elf presence. So yeah.

Is this a fault of the players? Not necessarily, Blizzard really made a mistake by making them so pompous and self-indulgent. The biggest thing that really kinda tipped me off with the whole thing is thier "We hate Alliance because of one man!" Really?! You hate the people you've been Allied with for generations because of one person that probably got his rank because his commander probably died. Also, to conclude this, the "Kael'thas betrayed us!" thing is a bit old. I mean, your leader sided with a demon...what did you expect?

Actually the Blood Elves in the 1-7 starting zone are neutral, as made evidence by the neutral Dwarf NPC it isn't until his betrayal, the subsequent discovery of Night Elf spies and a Night Elf Army sent secretly to the shores of Quel'thalas that the Blood Elves formally join the Horde.

What it really boils down to, is I can't comprehend as to why 47% of the Horde is made up of Pretty Boy/Girl Elves that contribute little to nothing to the Horde.

See above for a response to "nothing to the Horde"

I've liked the Blood Elves since TFT, I played a Archmagi/MK/Blood Mage strategy semi-sucessfully. Hell I even made a custom melee map completely replacing the Human race option with Sin'Dorei(Which if anyone downloaded and played... can I get your copy my hard drive died and I still want to update it)

I like Blood Elves, I like their lore, I like their model, I even like the frothing people like you get when you see Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
yum double posting!
Edited by Layam on 11/23/2010 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Warrior
You'd all be terrible train engineers because this thread got...derailed.

I apologize.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Eh..establishments in Outlands and the Argent Tourny as well as Dalaran really can't be considered really doing something for the Horde. With our without the Sunreavers in the Tourny, Tirion would've allowed the Horde in the tournament. The Sunreavers on the other hand, the only reason they're in Dalaran is because most of them were or are magi of the Kirin Tor previous to it's fall, therefore, by rights part of the city is theirs. Because the Sunreavers are Blood Elves and part of the horde, it was kinda the horde's ticket in, not like the Sunreavers did that on purpose. Borean Tundra is really all I can state as not having a witty remark for because besides the "Blood Elves are horde" there's really no explanation for their existence there. Falcon Watch? Really? The whole place for one is filled with Blood Elves, not one NPC is an orc, troll or Tauren and all the quests there the Horde is helping them out, yet other than that, that place has nothing to do with the Horde gaining any ground there. Hell if they threw in a quest to aid the Horde in Magtheridon's defeat, it could be argued the other way.

Yes, the TFT lore for the Blood Elves was semi-descent. A vengeful race of casters that could #!@# face is nice and all, but with thier introduction into WoW, there was really a drastic change in how they were perceived in TFT and how they're perceived in WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
From a lore standpoint, the single biggest thing the Blood Elves have contributed is a massive infusion of arcanum. Unlikely any other Horde race has mages that come anywhere close.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Eh..establishments in Outlands and the Argent Tourny as well as Dalaran really can't be considered really doing something for the Horde. With our without the Sunreavers in the Tourny, Tirion would've allowed the Horde in the tournament. The Sunreavers on the other hand, the only reason they're in Dalaran is because most of them were or are magi of the Kirin Tor previous to it's fall, therefore, by rights part of the city is theirs. Because the Sunreavers are Blood Elves and part of the horde, it was kinda the horde's ticket in, not like the Sunreavers did that on purpose.

Actually they did, Vereesa Windrunner actually did attempt to block the Blood Elf inclusion into Dalaran and by association the Horde. Blood Elves using their previous political connections to give the Horde access to a major foothold in Northrend is helping, I'm not even sure if you're disagreeing with that. The Blood Elves could have just as easily blocked other Horde members from entering Dalaran like they attempt to block people from entering the Sunwell(As revealing in the Quel'Delar questline)

Borean Tundra is really all I can state as not having a witty remark for because besides the "Blood Elves are horde" there's really no explanation for their existence there.

Blood Elves are Horde, I'm glad we agree on that point. That's called contributing. We also see Warsong Marksmen as Blood Elf too.

Falcon Watch? Really? The whole place for one is filled with Blood Elves, not one NPC is an orc, troll or Tauren and all the quests there the Horde is helping them out, yet other than that, that place has nothing to do with the Horde gaining any ground there. Hell if they threw in a quest to aid the Horde in Magtheridon's defeat, it could be argued the other way.

There are Blood Magi at Thrallmar too if that helps.

Yes, the TFT lore for the Blood Elves was semi-descent. A vengeful race of casters that could #!@# face is nice and all, but with thier introduction into WoW, there was really a drastic change in how they were perceived in TFT and how they're perceived in WoW.

Your perception of the Blood Elves "not contributing" to the Horde is false. In fact if we saw anymore Blood Elves helping out in the Horde they'd start outdoing the Orcs in their contribution. But I'm willing to listen, what more do you want the Blood Elves to do?

edit:
Thulgrom said:
From a lore standpoint, the single biggest thing the Blood Elves have contributed is a massive infusion of arcanum. Unlikely any other Horde race has mages that come anywhere close.

I believe that long term, the Blood Elves are going to do that for the Horde.

@Gustaf: All good, I enjoyed it :P
Edited by Layam on 11/23/2010 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Barnabas "Barnaby" Shackleton, Forsaken Hunter.

Dunno what the hell I'm gonna do with him though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]