Which quests will you miss?

100 Night Elf Druid
After the shattering, there are going to be several epic chains removed due to the changing of landscape. Which quests will you miss the most?

The chain that I'm going to miss the most will probably be the Darrowshire chain. During that chain I had become more involved with how it played out (with Redpath) then I ever did with the lich king. Same for the Tirion Fordring chain in EPL.

I'm also sad my warlock didn't get to do the class quest in Felwood :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well, they took this one out a LONG while ago, but I miss the Dreadstead warlock quest. :( It was pretty epic back in its day. Also the Ritual of Doom questline was awesome too.

I'm actually not quite sure which quests are being removed, and which ones are staying. The Darrowshire questline WAS pretty epic though. The quest to get the Shard of Norddrasil for the Benediction/Anathema weapon was also awesome, and I was happy that I had the chance to do it on my priest.

I'm just babbling at the top of my head. Maybe that one will stay! Maybe not.
Edited by Ravine on 11/23/2010 3:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I did miss the chain quest for Onyxia, which was taken out pre-Wrath. I'll definitely miss a lot of old stuff in the Plaguelands if they're removing them. It's my favorite part of the Lore.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is an easy one.

It's a Secret to Everybody
http://thottbot.com/q3845

One of the most enjoyable quest chains ever, IMHO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yeah, I think the EPL quest-chain with Tirion was one of the most epic quests that Blizzard put in the game. It's such a critical piece of lore too as it ties things together from Of Blood and Honor to the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King and sets the stage for events to come. I only wish that Taelan and the events with the Scarlet Crusade got more attention in Wrath, as the Argent Crusade and Scarlet Onslaught had such potential to interact with one another but barely even noticed the others existence.

Anyways, returning to the topic at hand, yeah, EPL. Awesome stuff. I went back and did it a week ago and I was gushing about it to my friends and guildies saying, "You haven't done this quest chain yet? Come over and see what you're missing!" Many, many, MANY screenshots ensued. Also, it was the only chance in the game that you got to pose as a Scarlet and be friendly with them. How cool was that?

On that note, I'm actually kind of sad to see the Scarlet Crusade go. Sure, they were a bunch of crazy zealots but they were a bunch of COOL crazy zealots with some awesome lore. At least from the perspective of the original vanilla WoW/WoWRPG lore. Ashbringer comic lore was cool and all, but it didn't quite live up to having Scarlet Highlord Mograine at the core of the group.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I think the EPL quest-chain with Tirion was one of the most epic quests that Blizzard put in the game.

What really got to me was the fact that after the chain is done and Taelan falls... Tirion is literally like 150 yards down the path. I think the tragedy is magnified by how close he got to making it out and seeing his father. :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I've always loved the quest chain in the Blasted Lands that starts from the Fallen Hero of the Horde and sends you to Swamp of Sorrows, Azshara, and Stranglethorn as you try to free the immortal soldiers that are bound to the land and cannot die so long as they stay in the Blasted Lands, kill the people who have been placed in charge of territory in the Blasted Lands, and inevitably kill the demon in charge who set all of this up to begin with, Razelikh the Defiler.

Sadly, this quest chain is being removed in Cataclysm and replaced by another, but for the sake of spoilers I'll leave off. The new quest chain can be picked up in the Blasted Lands, but tbh I like the old one better. :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Sink was hanging around with his old bud, the demon hunter Loramus Thalipedes, last night before paddling off into The Great Sea on his surf ski. Loramus features prominently in a quest chain (which I don't think Sink actually did, but I know he's visited Loramus before so I'll just run with it) also beginning in the Blasted Lands. This chain is being replaced with a perhaps simpler chain with the same end result, I think, but I shan't overspoil.

I have a feeling Loramus' crystal poop quest (part of the aforementioned chain—the one where you get a felhunter to use to sniff out giant crystal poops, which in some cases were oddly elf-shaped and contained scribbled pleas for help) does not survive the Shattering.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Poor Old Blanchy.

*very very sad face*

http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Blanchy
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well, they took this one out a LONG while ago, but I miss the Dreadstead warlock quest. :( It was pretty epic back in its day. Also the Ritual of Doom questline was awesome too.
I did it pretty recently actually. Not removed, just not mendatory.

As for me, you know that quest chain in the Crossroads where you had to kill animals for three days because 80% of them did not have heads/teeth/hooves? Yeah, not that one... >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]