ADD

85 Undead Priest
Argent Dawn Disorder.

Where are all the "hardcore" PvE guilds? Does this server even have a dominant guild anymore? Last time I remembered a good guild was PotP during TBC and now ... ew.

I hate coming back to casual WoW. =(
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
Should have thought of that before you rolled on AD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Look for <effort>, which appears to be the new thing in town for Horde (as <Purpose> was for the LK expansion). However, it's unlikely you'll get much out of ANYone pre-12/07/10. Most everything is "been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt and it shrank so bad I couldn't wear it again" these days.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
bought the tee-shirt and it shrank so bad I couldn't wear it again"

Story of my closet =(
Reply Quote
AD may not be home to World 100 guilds, but we do house a decent number of dedicated raids and quite a large number of very skilled players both PvE and PvP.

As my friend and colleague 'Zeez says, you shoulda thought of that before you rolled on an RP server. That said, we are and have been for a very long time the #1 PvE progressed RP server (which is kinda like saying the fastest kid in the Special Olympics, but whatever).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
just to drill the point home....

Honestly? If you hate the server that much, get the hell off it.
No amount of self loathing is worth staying someplace you truly dislike. Maybe you get perverse joy from standing around complaining, but in the grand scheme of things you will be better off just going someplace that will make you happy.
Reply Quote
He's not even from AD. O_o
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh my Paradia, your avatar has such beautiful eyes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
bought the tee-shirt and it shrank so bad I couldn't wear it again"

Story of my closet =(

Its not the shirts shrinking...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

Enjoy passing through, then. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I've been to a few other servers and always come back here. Its just a better community overall than anywhere I've tried... or maybe I'm just not good a making new friends.

AD is a great server. Has its issues, but most are no worse than others, and many things are better here.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
Argent Dawn Disorder.

Where are all the "hardcore" PvE guilds? Does this server even have a dominant guild anymore? Last time I remembered a good guild was PotP during TBC and now ... ew.

Hardcore guilds suck at this game, elite pugs are where it's at right now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Argent Dawn Disorder.

What's your definition of a "hardcore" PvE guild? Top 25 world, top 100 world, top 50 US, top 100 US, top 500 US?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Look for <effort>, which appears to be the new thing in town for Horde (as <Purpose> was for the LK expansion). However, it's unlikely you'll get much out of ANYone pre-12/07/10. Most everything is "been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt and it shrank so bad I couldn't wear it again" these days.

Honestly Ynubet, with the upcoming expansion there will be alot of competitive groups on AD. If concentrating smaller groups provides any sort of advantage, many of the core raiding guilds here will be in a tight race for progression. Effort, Fearfulways, Black Phoenix, Brotherhood of the Blade, Renamed/Nameless (in whatever way they exist), etc. all have very skilled players. Personally, I don't think there will be such an imbalance that one group will dominate the rest. All these groups have great raiders that can perform in heroic mode content.
Edited by Mixtape on 11/30/2010 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
What's your definition of a "hardcore" PvE guild? Top 25 world, top 100 world, top 50 US, top 100 US, top 500 US?

Top100 US would be a huge step after failing through WotLK. This server doesn't have a good 25 guild. I can see several 10 mans doing well especially since rated BGs will be one of the bigger things in this xpac due to the Grand Crusader title.

Honestly Ynubet, with the upcoming expansion there will be alot of competitive groups on AD. If concentrating smaller groups provides any sort of advantage, many of the core raiding guilds here will be in a tight race for progression. Effort, Fearfulways, Black Phoenix, Brotherhood of the Blade, Renamed/Nameless (in whatever way they exist), etc. all have very skilled players. Personally, I don't think there will be such an imbalance that one group will dominate the rest. All these groups have great raiders that can perform in heroic mode content.

I've seen the best from this server and most of it transfered or quit for a reason.

Here is to hoping some 10-man guild makes top100.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Top100 US would be a huge step after failing through WotLK. This server doesn't have a good 25 guild. I can see several 10 mans doing well especially since rated BGs will be one of the bigger things in this xpac due to the Grand Crusader title.

I've seen the best from this server and most of it transfered or quit for a reason.

Here is to hoping some 10-man guild makes top100.

Hmm, I think you have some of your history wrong for this expansion. When FFW and The Renamed were together (Ulduar), they reached 91st US rank in the Tier 8 section of Wowprogress.

Yes, some of us did transfer off (including myself) to play with much more progressed groups. I can name a handful that are in the top 25 world ranked guilds. However, that doesn't mean that its necessarily the players here that are the issue. Alot of the time, guild management can cause a slowdown in guild progression. Some guilds on AD prefer to be more inclusive of the raiders on their roster whereas a competitive world ranked guild will take a more selective approach. I personally feel that Argent Dawn has the talent and with the right organization/leadership, this server could reach a very competitive standpoint in US progression.
Edited by Mixtape on 12/2/2010 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Hmm, I think you have some of your history wrong for this expansion. When FFW and The Renamed were together (Ulduar), they reached 91st US rank in the Tier 8 section of Wowprogress.

Yes, some of us did transfer off (including myself) to play with much more progressed groups. I can name a handful that are in the top 25 world ranked guilds. However, that doesn't mean that its necessarily the players here that are the issue. Alot of the time, guild management can cause a slowdown in guild progression. Some guilds on AD prefer to be more inclusive of the raiders on their roster whereas a competitive world ranked guild will take a more selective approach. I personally feel that Argent Dawn has the talent and with the right organization/leadership, this server could reach a very competitive standpoint in US progression.

Yogg+0 was the only bright point otherwise they were OK. I knew some really good players back then but times have changed.

As far as the management, organization, leadership goes ... I doubt it. AD will always be a stepping stone server never a premier one like yours.

Gl pushing world 25s for Cata Mix.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
The top guilds in this game are basically just made up of players that are pretty much the same as the top players on AD, they are not super humans that press buttons and just do more damage, healing or tanking. On AD the top players are spread out in each guild with bunch of bads, friends whatever you want to call it that is why they will never progress and AD will be this stepping stone you are talking about.

It's a hard sell to recuit players to AD because of the belief that once they xfer to AD their character will suddenly be put in a pink dress and given dolls to play with so they really aren't interested in joining any guilds here. In actual fact most top progression guilds are on servers that are nothing more than a barren wasteland other than that one single guild that is competing on the world level so I don't know what you are talking about "premier" servers, Mixtape himself was saying that Ysondre is a horrible server other than the fact that Exodus are there.

So making wolrd ranks is basically 3 things:
1. The ability to press your buttons well enough and move out of ground effects fast enough, some may call this skill.
2. A leader with a core that is focused on this goal and can create strats and adapt to different aspects of the fight. You can call this leadership, organization management or whatever.
3. 25-30 raiders that really want a kill on bosses more than anything else and will put the time in to do it.

AD definitely has #1, that is really not that hard to achieve, this game has a very very low skill cap as far as PVE content is concerned, trust me Premo and Paragon don't press buttons the best in the world. #2 is debatable whether AD has it or not, but I personally think it does, there are many good leaders on AD that have been playing the game long enough to recognize certain game mechanics, form strategies and adapt to changes. This is what I believe is the difference between world 1st and world 5th etc, strat, leadership and management. The problem is #3, raiding with bad players gets you frustrated quite fast and makes you lose sight of the target which is to kill the boss, this is AD'd problem, historically I think AD has gotten to end raid bosses in a timely fashion, it's when they need to follow through is where the bads ruin it for everyone and make people not show up etc. Yogg + 0 included, btw Yogg + 0 was pretty late and was not why The Renamed was that highly ranked.

Oh and PotP wasn't all that good either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]