prot warrior...nerfed?

90 Human Warrior
im reading the notes and it seems that everything about it got nerfed

Devastate no longer provides bonus threat.

Shield Slam: Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%, and base damage brought up so that a level 85 warrior in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact. In addition, Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage.

Vigilance no longer provides 3% damage reduction, but still refreshes Taunt and provides Vengeance. (so basically this is purely pointless now..even before when they took away the threat)

Cleave damage has been reduced by approximately 17%. (helps with AoE tanking)

Rend base damage has been reduced by approximately 17% and percent of weapon damage per tick lowered to 25%, from 30%. (helps with AoE tanking+spec)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
So it started early this expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083320458

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083320649

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083320554

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083751043

/drink
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Double post...
Edited by Kalle on 11/23/2010 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Warrior
Yep they removed all the bonus threat on abilities (which is good) but they also nerfed all our protection skill damage (Dev, SS, Rend, Cleave) so prot warrior threat generation probably took a 20-25% hit with this patch.
Now we're the worst damage reducing tanks and the worst threat generating tanks - but it's all about bring the player not the class, yeah right Blizz.
What I find most amazing is that Blizzard first stated that Fury damage was too high (I can't be bothered finding the blue quote but it was a couple of weeks ago), yet they've nerfed all the Arms and Prot abilities.
Pathetic.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Devastate no longer provides bonus threat.

Shield Slam: Contribution of attack power reduced to 60%, down from 75%, and base damage brought up so that a level 85 warrior in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact. In addition, Shield Slam no longer generates 30% bonus threat from its damage.

Removing bonus threat on abilities is a good thing, at least in the long run.

Vigilance no longer provides 3% damage reduction, but still refreshes Taunt and provides Vengeance. (so basically this is purely pointless now..even before when they took away the threat)

The taunt refresh is quite meh, but being able to stack vengeance will not actively tanking is nice.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
/rerolled. *cry*
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Death Wing Lead to Double Post!
Edited by Sâintjimmy on 11/23/2010 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Other nerfs aside, (one can hope the rend and cleave change was aimed at dps and they might boost the damage increase from thunderstruck /fingerscrossed) we should all be glad they removed the threat transfer from vigilance.

They no longer have to balance our own threat around assuming we are getting extra threat via vigilance, and we can safely put it on another tank without gimping their threat. In many situations putting vig on the other tank essentially gives you a no cd taunt, I can tell you even with the threat transfer the taunt cd reset was often clutch on the final phase of yogg (let alone any trash anywhere).

Now that it is safe to assume that we will always have it on another tank then, I am not really surprised they took the damage reduction off it. Taunt resets and vengeance when trying to offtank is already really good in one talent without also making other tanks look even better <.<
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep they removed all the bonus threat on abilities (which is good) but they also nerfed all our protection skill damage (Dev, SS, Rend, Cleave) so prot warrior threat generation probably took a 20-25% hit with this patch.

Devastate dmg wasn't reduced. SS dmg either for that matter, it was actually upped, contribution from vengeance was reduced. The rest aren't prot exclusive abilites.
Edited by Marymel on 11/23/2010 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior

Devastate dmg wasn't reduced. SS dmg either for that matter, it was actually upped, contribution from vengeance was reduced. The rest aren't prot exclusive abilites.

Why does it matter if they aren't Prot exclusive? Heroic Strike and Cleave are the most important damage and threat abilities for Prot Warriors.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Hate that they seem to have just taken the nerfbat to the w's, And I hate that I have to now also try to work out rotation a bit more(would be easy if dps would stop TRYING to make has much threat has possible.)

But if they feel we need it?..... fine. I'm not going to stop tanking, and I'm going to lose respect for everyone who chooses to stop.

Beside, warriors have started an expansion weaker then everyone else before. Plus we weren't hit has hard has the locks :P

Huzzah!!
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
seeing as wow is still broken, (i dont know why i believed that it would actually be up at 11) we have no way of knowing if its actually going to be a huge negative, how about we wait till we can actually get in there and tank something. Ill tell ya how i feel about it once i get a chance to try it for myself.
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
double
Edited by Ödd on 11/23/2010 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I have to say I think I will like the fact that my abilities wont have the little "generates bonus threat" thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]