my frist time heroic healing.

85 Dwarf Hunter
Running as dps until you overgear the instance isn't going to teach you anything about healing. I think the ease of gear is one reason why we have so many bad healers/players in general.

its so easy to overgear content, that people don't actually have time to learn how to play their role. Their gear provides too big a margin for error. Then when you get into something more challenging like HoR or even old kingdom (which is the toughest pre toc/icc instance, just because of shadowblast and flamestrike), they fall apart.

Old kingdom is trivial if you target the spellflingers and worshippers first and interrupt their casts. You can always tell a terrible/lazy tank when he's a dk or a warrior and a flamestrike or shadowblast goes off. If those two classes ever get hit by those and then blame the healer, they shouldn't be tanking. however, some healers also have interrupts, so you can do yourself a favor and mitigate the damage yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
When I first dinged 80 I started by queing as dps with my Elemental offspec. That way

Though with Cata in only 2 weeks I really think it would be best to try to save your jp and worry about gearing up after you are lvl 85.

My only concern with waiting until you hit lvl 85 is that as of now - our max justice/honor pts bank is at 4000, and God knows how much lvl 85 gear is gonna cost.

I'm in a similar dilemma; got the lvl 251 mooncloth set, and would like to get the lvl 270, but am on the fence if I should spend my honor (gotta buy the stuff from the sewer dudes in Dal) now, or wait to see what might be available come December 7th.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
When I first dinged 80 I started by queing as dps with my Elemental offspec. That way

Though with Cata in only 2 weeks I really think it would be best to try to save your jp and worry about gearing up after you are lvl 85.

My only concern with waiting until you hit lvl 85 is that as of now - our max justice/honor pts bank is at 4000, and God knows how much lvl 85 gear is gonna cost.

I'm in a similar dilemma; got the lvl 251 mooncloth set, and would like to get the lvl 270, but am on the fence if I should spend my honor (gotta buy the stuff from the sewer dudes in Dal) now, or wait to see what might be available come December 7th.

The cataclysm jp vendors are in orgrimmar now and the cost of the blue jp gear is not as high as I would have expected it to be, most likely because equivalent crafted sets are available as well. And from what i'm seeing on atlas loot is a lot of very nice gear with a lvl requirement of 78 in throne of the tides. I certainly wouldn't be spending a lot jp on gear that has a life span of less than two weeks.

edit - if you want to see the cost in honor and conquest points of the new lvl 85 pvp gear it is available on the newest version of atlas loot.
Edited by Kittysox on 11/25/2010 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]