Mana Issues at 1323 mp5

90 Night Elf Druid
I can already see that mana is a very real problem as a druid healer now and I dont see anyways even at 85 for us to conserve it.
Pre patch it was ok a little absurd how i was able to keep mana but now it is crazy, I mean at 1323 mp5 I seem to lose it REAL fast.
So please explain what I am doing wrong or have others notice this bad issue.
Edited by Dezoren on 11/23/2010 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you post on the healing forum atleast post as a healing spec or you are considered as trolling
Edited by Dezoren on 11/23/2010 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
What character are you talking about?
Your profile says:
Mana Regen: 1085 mp5
Combat Regen: 630 mp5

Your 1323 probably means out-of-combat regen while raid buffed, which would be about 768 mp5 in combat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
If you post on the healing forum atleast post as a healing spec or you are considered as trolling

That's a bit of a silly comment to make.

Plenty of people have a particular character that they like to post from, that may not be the role they are specifically posting about.

OP, can you talk a little more about what you are doing to heal? just talking about your regen number in isolation is not particularly enlightening.
Edited by Ashenbrand on 11/23/2010 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
WHOA WHOA WHOA, Hold on here. A healer actually has to worry about mana? WTF IS THIS %!#@?!
Reply Quote
42 Human Paladin
I have a druid healer and I am having a multitude of issues also. This is at level 70..

Druids don't have utility to let targets lose a ton of health and then bring them back to full.. Rolling HoT's preventing them from getting to a dangerously low HP level is the way a druid functions..

I remember leveling my druid and as a lowbie there was no 'oh shi...' button if you lagged out for a second. If the tank dropped to an HP low enough that the HoT's don't tick in time the tank will go down. The only spell we have is Natures Grace on a 3 minute cooldown for panic situations.

DPS has massive burst in PvP now and having HoT's on at all times is the ONLY way to keep people alive. As stated before we have no way of preventing a death past the point of no return (when HoT can't tick fast enough to counter the burst damage).

Druid prevention is making sure people never get to the point of no return. After they get to that point there is LITTLE we can do to save them.

So what spells are druids supposed to use now? Regrowth doesn't last long, rejuvenation has a massive mana cost, Lifebloom is only castable on one target, healing touch is more or less worthless, and efflorescence was nerfed..

Yeah druids deserved a nerf, but this one was a bit overkill.
Edited by Nightháwk on 11/24/2010 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can already see that mana is a very real problem as a druid healer now and I dont see anyways even at 85 for us to conserve it.
Pre patch it was ok a little absurd how i was able to keep mana but now it is crazy, I mean at 1323 mp5 I seem to lose it REAL fast.

Now you know what it feels like :).

I am very sorry but I feel great knowing that a druid is complaining about their mana bar actually lowering when they cast spells.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Regrowth may not "last long," but it has been much improved in its actual purpose as an emergency heal.

Druids rely a lot more on their direct heals now, with the standardization of the primary single-target heals. While staying ahead of the damage with periodic effects is still an important part of the class, you won't be able to play with your direct heals a last resort.

@ Dezoren: What's your playstyle like, with regard to the spells you're casting? Are you trying to roll Regrowth's HOT? Applying Lifebloom to a variety of targets? The conversion of spell power to Intellect means a lot of healers woke up in 4.0.1 with a lot more total mana than they had before, and not too many spells had their costs significantly increased at 80 (except Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and kinda-sorta WG).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Druids took it on both ends, though. You may gloat for a while over their misfortune (I have no idea why, but apparently watching someone else take it up the tailpipe is ~fun~), but druids are hurting. Mana regen is not good, mana efficiency is non-existent and healing coefficients went through the floor. My druid was able to regularly put out 13-16k nourishes. My best nourish to date (not that I have been playing him much) has been in the 7k range. 5676 gear score druid.

Nourish is now designed as your efficient heal, and not your fast heal.

Regrowth has been reinstated as your "flash" heal. =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid prevention is making sure people never get to the point of no return. After they get to that point there is LITTLE we can do to save them.

While I agree this is true to some extent, if druids could just roll HoTs constantly, preventing players from getting to the point of no return, then druid healing would be extremely boring. I, for one, am all for making it a bit more exciting/challenging. In Vanilla WoW, healing actually took some coordination amongst healers, so that we all didn't go OOM at the same time. I'm actually looking forward to this again in Cata. Problem is, so many people have gotten used to the cakewalk that is healing in raids. So now that Blizzard goes back to the way it used to be, the way it should be, people whine and complain because they don't know how to play that way.

Moral of the story... adapt to change. Nothing stays the same forever, and those that can't adapt to the change will lose in the end. It's true in real life too. All classes in WoW are having to adapt to change for Cata. Those that are throwing a hissy fit are the ones that can't adapt or refuse to adapt... to them, I have no sympathy because they aren't trying very hard and/or don't truly understand their class mechanics fully or correctly. I'm glad that Blizzard is finally doing something to not make the game so freakin' easy for everyone to play. Putting a challenge into it again is refreshing and a good move.

Feel free to bash/flame me for my opinion... doesn't bother me. Likely those that do flame are the ones that can't adapt to change. Those that can adapt to change probably agree with me, at least to some extent.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Blizzard's fun plan of having healers level and get worse.

Two questions that a Dev will never answer.

Why is this fun?

Do you think this will actually make more people do a job 99% of WoW hate to do which is heal?

I'll not hold my breath. There is no answer other than if a healer can do there job Blizzard can't make content hard. That's bull. If DPS can't do their job Blizzard makes it easier on them. If tanks can't do their job Blizzard makes it easier on them. If healer can't do their job? Well good luck and try and not level or your job gets worse.

Why Blizzard decided to make the worse job in WoW where you beg people to do it even harder is well...................... Can you say not very smart.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Welcome to Cataclysm.
Druids are being brought back in line with other healers.
I know it's not fun, but it had to happen as druids had outrageous regen advantages when compared to other healing classes.

BTW, you are supposed to be using all your abilities on CDs to make sure you are maximizing your HPS and mana return. Pretty much what priests have been doing for years.
Good luck during this tough transition.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE !
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Blizzard's fun plan of having healers level and get worse.
Two questions that a Dev will never answer.
Why is this fun?
Do you think this will actually make more people do a job 99% of WoW hate to do which is heal?
I'll not hold my breath. There is no answer other than if a healer can do there job Blizzard can't make content hard. That's bull. If DPS can't do their job Blizzard makes it easier on them. If tanks can't do their job Blizzard makes it easier on them. If healer can't do their job? Well good luck and try and not level or your job gets worse.

Why Blizzard decided to make the worse job in WoW where you beg people to do it even harder is well...................... Can you say not very smart.

I am seeing people being dumb in AV, running to their death alone... trying to solo a level 85 elite Balinda/Galv. Guess what people, if you play dumb, you *%!#ing die. Pretty simple.
Healers will no longer be able to wipe your mistake and compensate for it.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
And it didn't work before.

If it did why was it changed?

Because it wasn't fun being out on Mana and watching people die while you used your wand to do zero damage hoping your mana came back in time to save someone.

That was bad game play. And poor design in a game that built for fun.

Blizzard is turning healing in a high stress job which will not be fun for more people than you think.

I've healed forever. I like healing. But as healing sits today. I'll never do it again in WoW. The game design in my view is very poor.

Having every healer being exactly the same other than the name of the heal. Boring and totally bad game design. Why not delete all Healer classes and have just one call in OOM Healer. That sound fun. Easy balance job sucking the life out of one class instead for 5.

Making it so hard on 1 class to do their job while making it easier on everyone else is bad game play.

You many be one who love beating your head against the wall. Good for you.

But I'm willing to bet healers will be in VERY short supply in Cata. They will be the new instant Q class over a tank.

Get use to reading this in chat because it will be all you see, "Raid looking for 2 healers then ready to go." "Come on guys we only need 2 healers!" "Please I'm begging anyone to heal. We'll play 1000 gold pre hour! 2 healers needs for 10 man X."

Sad GC sees WoW now as a game where fun should be full of stress for only 1 class. Very sad indeed.

He's forgot WoW should be fun. Yes for some turning of the stress to almost unbearable levels will be fun. But for most they'll pass.

Will be interesting to see the number 6 months after Cata. I'm betting on nothing closer to 11 million players. The new game design just doesn't look fun at all.
Reply Quote
42 Human Paladin

While I agree this is true to some extent, if druids could just roll HoTs constantly, preventing players from getting to the point of no return, then druid healing would be extremely boring. I, for one, am all for making it a bit more exciting/challenging. In Vanilla WoW, healing actually took some coordination amongst healers, so that we all didn't go OOM at the same time. I'm actually looking forward to this again in Cata. Problem is, so many people have gotten used to the cakewalk that is healing in raids. So now that Blizzard goes back to the way it used to be, the way it should be, people whine and complain because they don't know how to play that way.

Moral of the story... adapt to change. Nothing stays the same forever, and those that can't adapt to the change will lose in the end. It's true in real life too. All classes in WoW are having to adapt to change for Cata. Those that are throwing a hissy fit are the ones that can't adapt or refuse to adapt... to them, I have no sympathy because they aren't trying very hard and/or don't truly understand their class mechanics fully or correctly. I'm glad that Blizzard is finally doing something to not make the game so freakin' easy for everyone to play. Putting a challenge into it again is refreshing and a good move.

Feel free to bash/flame me for my opinion... doesn't bother me. Likely those that do flame are the ones that can't adapt to change. Those that can adapt to change probably agree with me, at least to some extent.

Tell that to overzealous Tanks and DPS that refuse to acknowledge the changes in healing. They want to pewpew as fast as possible and as it stands right now my druid won't be able to keep up. I'll go OOM frequently if the tanks/dps refuse to slow the pace. When the group wipes due to chain pulling without letting me get a sufficient amount of mana back all blame will come to the healer.

I agree healing was a cakewalk in WotLK. I expect the instant queues to go to the healers in this expac now because most people aren't going to want to put up with all the crap I forsee coming.

You can't honestly say that druids are in line with the rest now. There isn't any utility besides raw healing which is now incredibly inefficient. While it is manageable, I feel that druids got chewed up and spit out on this patch.

Why should healers have to be put in the highest stress position anyway? I love healing, but I don't want to pull my hair out and feel anxiety whenever the tank decides to pull with my mana below 50% and most of my cooldowns gone. Add in a tank that can't hold aggro and this new healing system is a disaster.
Edited by Nightháwk on 11/24/2010 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]