Connected Realms Update 2/13

(Locked)

Community Manager
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, February 13th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PST through approximately 1:00 p.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
  • Azjol-Nerub and Khaz Modan
  • Eldre’Thalas and Korialstrasz
  • Farstriders and Silverhand
  • Spinebreaker and Wildhammer
  • Thunderlord and Azgalor/Azshara/Destromath (On Hold)

We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, February 27th during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PST through approximately 1:00 p.m. PST. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
  • Alexstrasza and Terokkar
  • Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune
  • Exodar and Medivh
  • Frostwolf and Vashj
  • Gorefiend and Spinebreaker/Wildhammer
  • Gundrak and Jubei'Thos
  • Mug'thol and Dragonmaw/Akama

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do.
  • Alterac Mountains and Balnazzar/Gorgonnash/The Forgotten Coast/ Warsong
  • Drak'thul and Skywall
  • Elune and Gilneas
  • Eredar and Wildhammer/Spinebreaker
  • Ghostlands and Kael'thas

The connection for Feathermoon and Scarlet Crusade has been delayed. We'll provide an update at a later point in time.

* Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

FAQ

Q. My realm needs connecting, why isn’t it listed?
A. The connections listed are the phases we’ve currently finalized and have planned connection dates or estimates available for. Additional connections are possible, but they just haven’t reached that stage yet. We’ll be updating the realm connection list as phases complete and new phases are planned.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
A. We'll update this thread with the latest information on currently planned phases.

Q. My realm has a lower population than those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
A. Realm connections are based on a number of factors including population, faction balance, the realm’s physical location in the world compared to other realms it may be connected to, among others. It’s also worth noting that websites which attempt to track population, while helpful in many ways, are estimates based on public data which may not provide the clearest picture of actual population.
Edited by Nethaera on 2/13/2014 7:21 AM PST
90 Dwarf Mage
Shouldn't this be stickied?
90 Pandaren Rogue
It's been up for all of two minutes at this point, and it takes the forum listing a little time to recognize order changes due to posts and stickification.
58 Goblin Warlock
Shouldn't this be stickied?

The flame from Neth's Candle burned the sticky away... Typical flame, burning everything we love
90 Dwarf Mage
It's stickied now. Don't mind me and my silly questions.
Edited by Choonster on 1/6/2014 8:41 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi to all the Bladefist peeps out there.
Community Manager
It's stickied now. Don't mind me and my silly questions.

*pat* It's OK. ;) It just took a couple for the glue to start working.
90 Orc Death Knight
I logged in just to ask this.

Neth - if you are still reading this, what are your guys' current plans for RP-PvP servers?

Will we get merged with only other RP-PvP servers? Just PvP? Just RP? Or will we have to worry about people from PvE servers running around ruining others RP?

I'm asking because since you guys started i've been eagerly waiting to see what you were going to do with us and I feel like were getting ignored.

EDIT - I know your not intenionally ignoring us.. its just.. it's so lonely over here being by ourselves...
Edited by Naztak on 1/6/2014 8:45 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
I'm trying to not think Medivh is Blizzard's red headed step child. That one day we will see some sweet/awful connection love.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Crosses fingers that characters are not set back 2 weeks.... again =P =)
Community Manager
I logged in just to ask this.

Neth - if you are still reading this, what are your guys' current plans for RP-PvP servers?

Will we get merged with only other RP-PvP servers? Just PvP? Just RP? Or will we have to worry about people from PvE servers running around ruining others RP?

I'm asking because since you guys started i've been eagerly waiting to see what you were going to do with us and I feel like were getting ignored.

EDIT - I know your not intenionally ignoring us.. its just.. it's so lonely over here being by ourselves...

I am not sure of the plans in regard to RP-PvP realms as of yet. I'll ask, but there may be no decision as of yet to share.
1 Troll Mage
I am not sure of the plans in regard to RP-PvP realms as of yet. I'll ask, but there may be no decision as of yet to share.

While you are asking about RP-PvP realms, could you also ask about RP realms as well.

Thanks.
90 Night Elf Druid
...not much else to say. I completely give up on The Underbog ever being merged anytime soon. Realmpop is not always accurate for representing server population, but... it hurts. :P

On the bright side, maybe the fact the 3 servers below us for lowest population all got paired up will mean something for the next batch.
90 Human Death Knight
Blog post / Completed Connections:
Anvilmar and Undermine connection was delayed, didn't happen.
Dalvengyr and Dark Iron listed twice.
Edited by Weekender on 1/6/2014 9:08 AM PST
@Nethaera

There has been a grave mistake with the connected realms list.

Archimonde-US is not listed on it. Surely we must be on the radar? Getting scared we are being ignored.
90 Worgen Druid
I would really appreciate it if you could slip Steamwheedle Cartel to the developers. We are a low pop server, with only one truly active alliance guild (the one I"m in). We can't get world boss kills done without Oqueue and/or pulling in other server. Our AH is completely dead, no one left to buy anything.
There are two other EST RP servers with double our population.
Community Manager
Blog post / Completed Connections:
Anvilmar and Undermine connection was delayed, didn't happen.
Dalvengyr and Dark Iron listed twice.

Thanks. I'll correct the repetition. I'm inquiring about Anvilmar now.

I know many people are looking forward to their own realm being added to the list, but I don't have any control of when or with which realm. Sorry. We'll do our best to keep you all as updated as possible.

*FYI Anvilmar and Undermine have been rescheduled for a future date. I'll update it once we know what date that is.
Edited by Nethaera on 1/6/2014 10:23 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Im rather concerned about our connection with Gurubashi.
90 Human Death Knight
@Nethaera

There has been a grave mistake with the connected realms list.

Archimonde-US is not listed on it. Surely we must be on the radar? Getting scared we are being ignored.

They've only connected 91 realms so far. With another 20 scheduled soon, that's only 111 out of 246 total North American realms, so there's still 135 to go. Figure they probably won't connect somewhere around the top 20 realms, so maybe 115 realms to go.
It's going to take a while to get to everybody. And it's not being done in any particular order.
90 Human Death Knight
I was so excited to finally see Jaedenar listed... then I realized that our imbalanced H:A, minimal pop server is getting merged with a server that has 1 alliance guild that has cleared Wing 1 of normal and has an even worse H:A imbalance. So the net impact... nothing. Not April 1st Blizz... not funny.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]