More void storage... please?

90 Night Elf Druid
yeah it's a must. they either need to offer a new bank slot to buy, or expand void storage. all this transmog gear, i dunno what to do with it ><
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Even bandaid fixes for storage issues (ie more void storage) take time to develop and implement, so we'd prefer to spend that time working on solutions, like systems that hold your items and gear in new ways that don't actually use inventory slots. We announced the account-wide toy and heirloom systems at BlizzCon, as well as the ability to craft from your bank and bigger stack sizes for some items, and we've hinted at some slightly longer term plans for a gear collection/wardrobe feature that would help serve all the transmoggers out there in not just freeing up space but also providing the ability to easily track set collections - all of which will help in their own way with inventory management. While the toy and heirloom systems are planned for the launch of Warlords, the gear collection system will be a bit later. We expect the toy and heirloom systems will free up enough space for most people, as well as some (albeit bandaid-y) slightly larger bags in Warlords and attaching quest items to the quest log instead of as items to fill up your bags, will all help in the meantime.
Edited by Bashiok on 1/7/2014 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
01/07/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Bashiok
(ie more void storage)

I prefer for i.e. since it is id est.
Reply Quote
I'm sure that there are many others in the same position that I'm am. My void storage is full. I'm one of the many folks that enjoy transmogging.

I've got a plethora of arms and armor at my disposal, and while not as often as initially, I still like changing up how this character looks.

My void storage had overflowed into my bank... because there just isn't enough space.

I'd gladly pay gold to increase my storage capacity.

Please consider adding more.

Thanks.

More void storage? Are you crazy? It costs 25g a pop to put items in there. Maybe I'm just poor... but that seems ridiculous
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
We announced the account-wide toy and heirloom systems at BlizzCon, as well as the ability to craft from your bank and bigger stack sizes for some items, and we've hinted at some slightly longer term plans for a gear collection/wardrobe feature that would help serve all the transmoggers out there in not just freeing up space but also providing the ability to easily track set collections - all of which will help in their own way with inventory management.

Ever since they announced the toy box at Blizzcon I've suddenly found my bags to be getting more and more full of toys. But transmog gear remains the largest offender for taking up my bag space.

Can't wait for that solution!
Reply Quote
50 Night Elf Druid
attaching quest items to the quest log instead of as items to fill up your bags, will all help in the meantime.

Any idea if we will still be able to "use" Dartol's Rod of Transformation or Archmage Vargoth's Staff at will? The first one no longer has a quest associated with it. Will we get to keep it?

I've trashed most "toy" items, opting for transmog bag space. But I have no intention of getting rid of those 2 items, nor a few other old quest things I have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/07/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
(ie more void storage)

I'm going to quote your quote to imply that Bashiok just promised us "more void storage."

Front page MMO-C, here I come!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
01/07/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Whaste

I'm going to quote your quote to imply that Bashiok just promised us "more void storage."

Front page MMO-C, here I come!

Just got off of work. With my brain functioning enough to remember my Latin but not enough to set such a clever trap.

Dag Nabbit.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
and we've hinted at some slightly longer term plans for a gear collection/wardrobe feature that would help serve all the transmoggers out there in not just freeing up space but also providing the ability to easily track set collections

Oh, yayyy! *cartwheels of joy*
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
and we've hinted at some slightly longer term plans for a gear collection/wardrobe feature that would help serve all the transmoggers out there in not just freeing up space but also providing the ability to easily track set collections

Is this an expanded look at the hint we got at Blizzcon where we might only need to touch an item for it to be added to our transmog wardrobe and not keep the item permanently?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Will the Toy Collection UI also account for trinkets that possess only cosmetic or "fun" effects (e.g. Orb of Deception, Piccolo of Flaming Fire, or Super Simian Sphere)?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
I'd have to say the idea of heirloom and toy storage is a great one, along with the raising stack size limit. (I could never understand WHY it was limited to 10 and 20 stack sizes to begin with. This seemed to be a throwback to vanilla when they were trying for 'immersion')
250 items would seem to be the most reasonable, and keep the stack size to a specific bit number. (can never ever forget the 255 rollover from pacman and other games from back in the day)

What bothers me though, is if a wardrobe function comes out, will it become a collector type thing for people, wanting to fill up the slots, simply because they're empty?
I suppose this would be good for the game, gives people another reason to keep playing, and another 'gotta catch em all' feature. What really bugs me is if there will be slots for things that there's no conceivable way for the rest of us to get. Like in the pets listing, I can see pets that have only been available through special promotions or giveaways in other countries, or events that are long since passed.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
Even bandaid fixes for storage issues (ie more void storage) take time to develop and implement, so we'd prefer to spend that time working on solutions, like systems that hold your items and gear in new ways that don't actually use inventory slots. We announced the account-wide toy and heirloom systems at BlizzCon, as well as the ability to craft from your bank and bigger stack sizes for some items, and we've hinted at some slightly longer term plans for a gear collection/wardrobe feature that would help serve all the transmoggers out there in not just freeing up space but also providing the ability to easily track set collections - all of which will help in their own way with inventory management. While the toy and heirloom systems are planned for the launch of Warlords, the gear collection system will be a bit later. We expect the toy and heirloom systems will free up enough space for most people, as well as some (albeit bandaid-y) slightly larger bags in Warlords and attaching quest items to the quest log instead of as items to fill up your bags, will all help in the meantime.

Wonderful news!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Bashiok has explained this so many times he's not even using paragraphs anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
01/07/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Aucald
Will the Toy Collection UI also account for trinkets that possess only cosmetic or "fun" effects (e.g. Orb of Deception, Piccolo of Flaming Fire, or Super Simian Sphere)?

Any word if these items like these will remain trinkets or turned into something like Orb of the Sin'dorei? Having to trinket dance, or should that be Trinket Trade, is kind of annoying if I want to use my Time-Lost Figurine.

Also if I'm a really good little gnome, okay I already failed that but even so could we get Arcanite Ripper classified as a toy for this purpose?
Reply Quote
I'm sure that there are many others in the same position that I'm am. My void storage is full. I'm one of the many folks that enjoy transmogging.

I've got a plethora of arms and armor at my disposal, and while not as often as initially, I still like changing up how this character looks.

My void storage had overflowed into my bank... because there just isn't enough space.

I'd gladly pay gold to increase my storage capacity.

Please consider adding more.

Thanks.

More void storage? Are you crazy? It costs 25g a pop to put items in there. Maybe I'm just poor... but that seems ridiculous

Yeah, you're poor.
Reply Quote
50 Night Elf Druid
01/07/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Julitrix
What bothers me though, is if a wardrobe function comes out, will it become a collector type thing for people, wanting to fill up the slots, simply because they're empty?

I would *assume* we get to create our own wardrobe sets, since most of the best xmogs only use 1 or 2 pieces of a tier or green BOE set. Also, tier sets are usually incomplete anyway, for example some don't have any made-to-match boots or belts, such as the rogue's Ulduar 25M (I think it was?) set.

They could have an interface much like mogit's preview screen where we can mix and match from. Who knows.
Edited by Sweetspring on 1/7/2014 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Any idea if we will still be able to "use" Dartol's Rod of Transformation or Archmage Vargoth's Staff at will? The first one no longer has a quest associated with it. Will we get to keep it?

I've trashed most "toy" items, opting for transmog bag space. But I have no intention of getting rid of those 2 items, nor a few other old quest things I have.

We'll be handling each item on a case-by-case basis, and will be looking for everyone's help in identifying items that could/should be added to the toy box beyond the probably more obvious ones we already have flagged. It's largely going to be something solidified through testing and feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. I, along with others, look forward to regaining bag space, when the toys are moved... and I hope that the ability to easily track sets and armor collections isn't far behind. We'll all look forward to our regained bag space.

Thanks again.

P.S. - if you could kindly inform Omyxia and Kael to stop being stingy, and hand over their mounts, well, I'd be grateful.
Edited by Osmethne on 1/7/2014 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
We expect the toy and heirloom systems will free up enough space for most people
This really depends on what you classify as toys, and what you don't. Most of my toys are drops from rares (Smite's compass, the spectral pirate from the ship, etc) and archaeology. I hope ALL of those items will count towards toys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]