Raider's Training Dummy

91 Undead Priest
Did the level on these things go up? My spells keep missing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Nah you just are really bad at hitting things.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Go upstairs and use the level 80 ones lol. I missed 5 immolates in a row before I facepalmed myself and realized they were level 88 dummies.
Reply Quote
8 Troll Hunter
i thought they were supposed to be classed as bosses, so your level +3
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
We're now technically already in Cataclysm, so "Skull", which means "Max Level + 3" is now "85 + 3"
Reply Quote
8 Troll Hunter
that's not how bosses work
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's a lvl 85 raid dummy. You're level 80. If you start noticing lots of misses while hitcapped for your level, you're on the wrong dummy.

@ havik, like target dummies were every representative of actual raid dps capability? ROFL.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Havik, the raid boss dummy was useless either way: They don't behave the same as actual mobs and missing all your raid buffs means that any numerical results you get from 'practicing' on the dummy is not going to be anything near representative of your actual capabilities in a fight.

About the only thing dummies are/were good for is monitoring proc rates (with the assumption that procs on the dummy work the same as on the boss) and getting comfortable with your rotation (while disregarding the output). Even in the case of the latter, it's STILL not as useful because raid haste and raid debuffs and raid crit bonuses and all that other stuff will change your rotation anyway.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
A rough idea relative to what?

You can't use it to form a judgement on gear choices or spec choices because of all the aforementioned problems with missing raid buffs. You can't use it to form a comparison of specs either

They weren't going to put in the effort to make a separate level 83 boss dummy just so you can have a wildly inaccurate metric for the next 2 weeks. At that point, you might as well shoot the level 80 dummy instead.
Edited by Prinsesa on 11/23/2010 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

19% spell hit and I still missed with Death Coil, so yes it is
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Would be nice if they changed the dummies so you could have the option of having it hit back.. with a selectable amount of damage.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Well that explains it, I sort of guessed when I wondered how I was only doing 4k dps to it.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
No dummy parses for 2 weeks?! What will we doooo?!

Probably shoulda been done sooner than it was, woulda had less "my dps is low @ 80" threads.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
@ havik, like target dummies were every representative of actual raid dps capability? ROFL.

Considering I wanted to compare my elem and enhance dps to get a relative measure, and to check some gear and reforging options, the dummies are pretty important. Changing them two weeks from the expansion is just stupid, particularly when it is a very simple data change to get them to stay at 80+3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]