How fast will the 264 weapons be replaced?

13 Human Warrior
For my warrior that I'll be making my main for Cata, I plan on BG'ing for these last two weeks to get my hands on a wrathful 2hander for arms and a 1hander for prot.

With my BG queue times being 15~20 min, and with a bad win:lose ratio, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the headache at this point.

Will the 264 wrathful weapons be replaced by the first dungeons/quest lines? or will it last for at least 2-3 levels?
Reply Quote
60 Undead Priest
there is a level 81 craftable with more top end than shadowmourne, if that answers your question.
Reply Quote
13 Human Warrior
Well, that one is made from Elementium (the saronite of Cata) and won't be cheaply/easily obtainable till later. I'm talking about dungeon loots/quest rewards~
Reply Quote
69 Tauren Druid
I think most 83+ dungeons have better weapons so if you run them enough while leveling you can replace them.

When I leveled in the beta the dungeons weren't working right and I just leveled normally. I still had both my weapons when I hit 85. In fact I still had about 50% of my gear when I hit 85.
Reply Quote
Level 82 (Boss level 84):

Sword of the Bottomless Pit
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
1269 - 1905 Damage Speed 3.80
(417.6 damage per second)
+229 Strength
+343 Stamina
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 81
Item Level 316
Equip: Increases your haste rating by 153 (4.34% @ L81).
Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 153.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55811

Drops in Stonecore normal.
Edited by Caitlin on 11/23/2010 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
13 Human Warrior
I think most 83+ dungeons have better weapons so if you run them enough while leveling you can replace them.

When I leveled in the beta the dungeons weren't working right and I just leveled normally. I still had both my weapons when I hit 85. In fact I still had about 50% of my gear when I hit 85.

What gears were you wearing?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior

All of your stuff will probably be replaced by level 84. 264 and all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
You'll definitely have a blue replacement for a 2h'er by the time you leave deepholme. You end up replacing the majority of your gear from quest blues in deepholme++. The rate at which you replace your gear in this expansion is the fastest by a long shot. There's really no reason at all to hold onto any epics by the time you hit 85. Don't be one of "those people".

Gear was the easiest to replace by a long shot. Most the weapons were either agility polearms or agility 1h'ers, very few upgrades for warriors. I'd also be cautious on using shadowmourne to level up with. The proc ends up aggro'ing unnecessary mobs like crazy.

Reply Quote
69 Tauren Druid

All of your stuff will probably be replaced by level 84. 264 and all.

Not at all. Unless you dungeon grind yourself to 85 you wont start replacing stuff very often until Uldum or Twilight Highlands. The 2h you get from Deepholm is a polearm and I wanted to level as fury so that did no good. The only 277 pieces I replaced were my rings.

For the first two levels or so you get 272 il greens as quest rewards. When you get to Deepholm stuff starts getting 280+ but it's still generally worse than most 264 epics.

When you get to Uldum or Twilight Highlands items finally get over 300 il but by then you should be level 84 and you will hit 85 before you have a chance to replace everything.

My average item level was 270 when I started just to give you an idea of how it went for me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Unless you have Smourne. 83 or so.
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Warrior
Here's a good example of how fast. Doesn't have any sockets but more top end than anything besides Shadowmourne. Notice the lvl 80 requirement and being a BoE I'm assuming it's a world drop.

Rage-Possessed Greatsword
Binds when equipped
Two-Hand Sword
1015 - 1523 Damage Speed 3.80
(333.9 damage per second)
+183 Strength
+275 Stamina
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 80
Item Level 292
Equip: Increases your haste rating by 122 (3.72% @ L80).
Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 122.
Edited by Agememnon on 11/23/2010 10:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]